Official 2009 Ford Flex Pricing

silvrsvt

The Expedition has more interior room, and the EL will give you plenty of space behind the third seat. How is that not more effective?

Personally I could care less about either vehicle. Both are overpriced. One is a gas guzzler and the other is a useless SUV/minivan wannabe.

Expy gets pretty close to the Explorers mileage P, had a customer buy an XLT that he took to San Fran loaded, averaged 20mpg compared with 17 ish he used to get on his 03 Expedition.....round town different story. As for the Flex...personally think it will sell well, and would not be surprized to see a migration of both Mini van and Expedition like shoppers....

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Expedition has more interior room, and the EL will give you plenty of space behind the third seat. How is that not more effective?

Personally I could care less about either vehicle. Both are overpriced. One is a gas guzzler and the other is a useless SUV/minivan wannabe.

I could have sworn I mentioned passengers, not space behind a third row. Let's not forget the fact that the EL is friggin' huge.

And to call both of them useless. That makes no sense.

I could have sworn I mentioned passengers, not space behind a third row. Let's not forget the fact that the EL is friggin' huge.

And to call both of them useless. That makes no sense.

If it's not an exploder or a jeep, then it has to be useless.

I've been thinking the Flex will be stealing a lot of people from the Expeditions. Seats as many and better Economy.

The Flex seats 7 at the most and an EL can seat up to 8, and have enough room to haul their stuff. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but that 8th seat comes handy quite a bit. For that reason alone, we'll always have an Expedition as the primary family car. I like the Flex, but I don't see any reason to get one over an EL, at least for me & my family.

Just like what the Edge is doing to the Explorer. I don't think either BOFer is going to die, though, right?

Yeah, just like what the Edge is doing to the Explorer. It's a "Crossover" world now. Latest and Greatest and all that... The people who are not affected by the economy are going to set the standard on style.

And the Flex will be the fashion! Get ready to get FLEXed!! :shades:

I have the same Nav and DVD Family Entertainment System (FES) in my Taurus X. It's more than just adding in a box. The steering wheel buttons, software, SYNC and voice command integration, and data and electrical connections change completely depending on what combination you have installed.

With both Nav and DVD FES, I can control the kids DVD system in back from the front. Likewise they can use the remote to control the front radio stations, and say scan FM to listen on a headphone if I'm listening to Satellite Radio or vice versa.

For example, last night my youngest was watching a DVD on the car's wireless headphone channel B, my middle teen was SYNC'ing her cell phone songs to the car via bluetooth and listening to it on headphone channel A, and I was listening to Satellite Radio on the front speakers, all at the same time. Both front Nav and rear DVD menu screens are fully interactive with each other to pull this off nicely.

Nothing like spending time with the kids huh? :hysterical: JKing

That is some pretty neat ability there. I put a $200 kenwood into my truck that will take USB, Aux in, etc. My kids can listen to back speakers via portable DVD player plugged into the stereo and I can listen to CD or Radio on front two speakers. But it is no where near as clean (wires) and does not have as many options as that!

Peace and Blessings

Awd LIMITED loaded Flex....$45 ish......4x4 Limited EL about 7k more.....

How do you get to $52 for an Expy?

I KBB'd 08 and went Limited 4x2, but with most every option available and only got to $48k msrp.

It is pretty hard to break $50k on an Expy.

$45k for a Flex/ Mini Van replacement? I guess some people might pay that. But I can not immagine paying $35K+ for a large Scion xB.

The TX is over priced and that is part of the sales problem. And an Odyssey EX Leather Nav has no more options and msrps at $36k.

If Ford thinks they are going to get $36k to $40k for the Flex they are in for a huge surprise. Getting more than $40k? I just don't see it. I don't think anyone is going to pay that.

Peace and Blessings