Ford February 2008 Sales

igor

That's why those "liberals" in CA made hands free cell phones a LAW.

I'm sure someone will complain that it's an enfringement on their rights (to do something stupid) LOL.

Except that the three states that have taken the most steps to either ban or limit cell phone use saw NO positive effect on accidents or fatality rates. Which shoots a big fat hole in the case for this law.

I certainly appreciate air bags, safety belts, etc. But anyone who questions a new law for its effectiveness, or asks whether an old one is actually working, is accused of "being against safety" or "not caring," or (GASP!) not "caring about the children."

Which, of course, is easier than actually answering the question asked.

It's the same mentality we see in the crusade against drunk driving...if punishing drunk drivers is a good idea (which it is), then continually lowering the blood alcohol content (BAC) at which a person is legally intoxicated is even better. Never mind whether it really works. Early indications are that lowering the BAC level to .08 didn't do any good, and is tying up precious law enforcement resources as the REAL problem drivers, who usually have a BAC level of at least twice .08, go undetected - just as opponents had warned.

And let's not even get started regarding those chicken littles who warned of automotive Armageddon when we wisely repealed the dopey 65 mph speed limit...

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh so now its California's fault for something that we don't get certain engine variants stateside? Classic!! It's not like we are the majority here, with the ability to force legislation down the throats of people back east. The NE States adopted what they did because they wanted to....so come off of it.

God forbid we want to see the mountains and have the ability to breathe.

Riiiight....because a 50-70MPG diesel is preventing you from "seeing the mountains".

retard.gif

Oh so now its California's fault for something that we don't get certain engine variants stateside? Classic!! It's not like we are the majority here, with the ability to force legislation down the throats of people back east. The NE States adopted what they did because they wanted to....so come off of it.

God forbid we want to see the mountains and have the ability to breathe.

yeah really. its not like we had threatened sanctions against the other states if they didnt comply.

"No wine and produce for Minnesota because they dont like our emissions laws!"

What goes on here in our state is because its a different market than yours. How many of these people complaining have ever had to sit in 2 hours of traffic to move 30 miles? How many live in a town with more than 4 stoplights? I'VE ONLY SEEN SNOW IN PERSON ONCE IN MY LIFE! Its a different world out here than where the people whining are living. They still havent said what CA is forcing others to adopt.

No need to get an attitude, dude...I was just answering your response with a statement.

As far as not having emmisions testing; we don't have it here where I live. The northern part of the state does, but we don't. I prefer it this way since most of my older stuff is modified. I don't mean removal of emmisions equipment, but items such as headers and the such.

Maryland is known as "the East Coast California". Wonder why that is?

Not getting an attitude, sorry if it seemed that way. Im just throwing out a statement to your statement and responding to your statement with this statement about my statement thats about my state

:D

EDIT- Vehicles 1975 model year and older in CA are exempt from emissions testing and inspection here. So the stiff laws dont affect the older cars here.

Edited by Sixt9coug

T6, the Global Ranger replacement doesn't begin production until 2011 so there's still 3 years wait for rest of world.

There has to be a North American refresh fot the Ranger soon, maybe just new V6 and Bluetec diesel would lift its image enough.

Not getting an attitude, sorry if it seemed that way. Im just throwing out a statement to your statement and responding to your statement with this statement about my statement thats about my state

:D

dear God...I think I even followed you there.

If you people really want to see what it REALLY is like to live in a place without emissions controls, with similar terrain to the LA Basin.....I strongly suggest you visit Mexico City. Then tell me how liberal we are around here...

I used to live in central CA (albeit, a long time ago) so I know what you're saying.

I used to live in central CA (albeit, a long time ago) so I know what you're saying.

So you've really gotten some of the bad stuff. Blech. Stage 1 and Stage 2 smog alerts seem to be a thing of the past here now. (remember the red flags outside of school?)

So you've really gotten some of the bad stuff. Blech. Stage 1 and Stage 2 smog alerts seem to be a thing of the past here now. (remember the red flags outside of school?)

Yes...yes I do. I also recall having issues with breathing on hot summer days. The late 70's were the worst times, IMO.

As a matter of fact, it took me some time to get used to that "funny" smell of clean air when I moved back to the mountains of NC.

cars definitely get most of the blame....wonder when Lawn mowers, leaf blowers, hedge trimmers will get the same treatment...ie under the microscope....off topic CNN this morning several Million Dollar plus homes were burnt to the ground by some Enviromentalist Extremists...wonder what they thought of all the smoke and environmental damage ( some probably toxic as hell ) the fires caused

As a constitutional issue I don't think CA should be able to set it's own regulations. A state shouldn't make national policy. There are too many variables for manufacturers......that's why my 05 Mustang is 50 state, it meets the more stringent CA rules.

cars definitely get most of the blame....wonder when Lawn mowers, leaf blowers, hedge trimmers will get the same treatment...ie under the microscope....off topic CNN this morning several Million Dollar plus homes were burnt to the ground by some Enviromentalist Extremists...wonder what they thought of all the smoke and environmental damage ( some probably toxic as hell ) the fires caused

IIRC, cars (all wheeled, road going vehicles) attribute 8% to pollution, industry contributes 20-something %, misc another 5% and the balance is natural (including brush and forest fires).

I know...it's all them damn Happy Cows!! :hysterical:

IIRC, cars (all wheeled, road going vehicles) attribute 8% to pollution, industry contributes 20-something %, misc another 5% and the balance is natural (including brush and forest fires).

I know...it's all them damn Happy Cows!! :hysterical:

god what if they breed!?!?!? not horny cow flatulance!

Old news!

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2006Jun29/0,4...ersSmog,00.html

WASHINGTON — The federal government may use California's strict pollution rules for lawnmowers and other small-engine machines as a national standard, a top Environmental Protection Agency official said Thursday.

Old news!

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2006Jun29/0,4...ersSmog,00.html

WASHINGTON — The federal government may use California's strict pollution rules for lawnmowers and other small-engine machines as a national standard, a top Environmental Protection Agency official said Thursday.

good...but much as people P and moan about it, ANY effort in my opinion is a good one.........