Ford Flex Roams the Streets of NYC

range

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That back end is really going to piss a lot of people off at night, with the glare off the chromed rear end. When I first read about that a year ago, I thought WTF? I hate just the glare off a chromed bumper in certain situations.

But again, WTF, I'm a who cares about anything behind me, it's what's in front I have to worry about. Now you may have to dodge bullets in the highways in Calif. Oh wait, you already do.

Spring driving opened TODAY. Time to start packin.

Well, drivers will encounter the same problem with the new Platinum F-150.

Are these production models, or the concepts that have made rounds at the auto shows?

If they're production, I'm glad to see that the projector headlights and LED taillights will be on production models for sure.

HID's are an option........

igor, what model of the flex did you sit in? and did have nav or leather seats?

im wondering if the "base" model is still nice inside, because im guessing alot of people who like the flex are going to have to settle for the lower models

From the pictures, both models there (I assume those were the ones he sat in) were Limited models, likely with most options.

Flex looks fantastic.....

Agreed!

Edited by rmc523

HID's are an option........

As are LEDs

I knew they were optional, what I didn't know is if the HIDs would be projectors or regular, and if the LED's would be a Taurus X type single LED setup or the multiple LED like on the Flex concept.

These pictures answer both.

Sorry, I should've been more descriptive.

Edited by rmc523

I finally got a chance to thoroughly review the car today at the Javitts Center.

Outside, it's a lot smaller than pictures would suggest, but overall, pretty upscale looking. It doesn't have anywhere near the height of an SUV or minivan.

Inside, everything felt solid and made of good materials.

The seating was wonderful. Everyone got their own little sunroof and shade, all 6 seats were easy to access, although the 3rd row is somewhat snug compared to a minivan. Folded down, the interior could swallow an absurd amount of cargo. Sitting in the first and second row was first class all the way.

Overall, although smaller than a minivan, it felt far more upscale, and well worth its $30,000-$40,000 price tag.

igor, what model of the flex did you sit in? and did have nav or leather seats?

im wondering if the "base" model is still nice inside, because im guessing alot of people who like the flex are going to have to settle for the lower models

the show car was fully loaded - as usual - navi, leather and all - I do tno think anyone has sees the base Flex interior yet.

Igor

I finally got a chance to thoroughly review the car today at the Javitts Center.

Outside, it's a lot smaller than pictures would suggest, but overall, pretty upscale looking. It doesn't have anywhere near the height of an SUV or minivan.

The seating was wonderful. Everyone got their own little sunroof and shade, all 6 seats were easy to access, although the 3rd row is somewhat snug compared to a minivan. Folded down, the interior could swallow an absurd amount of cargo. Sitting in the first and second row was first class all the way.

Overall, although smaller than a minivan, it felt far more upscale, and well worth its $30,000-$40,000 price tag.

the trick up Flex's sleeve is the sliding rear seats and the extreme 2nd row legroom - you can slide the middle row forward and have great space in both rows --

Igor

the show car was fully loaded - as usual - navi, leather and all - I do tno think anyone has sees the base Flex interior yet.

Igor

the trick up Flex's sleeve is the sliding rear seats and the extreme 2nd row legroom - you can slide the middle row forward and have great space in both rows --

Igor

I can't wait to actually be able to sit in one.

The local Fort Lauderdale Auto Show is this weekend.....I hope the Flex is there, and I would be really happy if I could sit in one.

I can't wait to actually be able to sit in one.

The local Fort Lauderdale Auto Show is this weekend.....I hope the Flex is there, and I would be really happy if I could sit in one.

Wish all you want...but Ford, in their infinite stupidity, had one up on a turn-table at our auto show.

Meanwhile, Chrysler had tons of minivans out along with Toyota and Honda.

Oops...

Wish all you want...but Ford, in their infinite stupidity, had one up on a turn-table at our auto show.

Oops...

Well, based on the fact that those minivans have been out for years in 2 of those cases, I'd hope they're on the floor. And even if it's on the stand, I'd still be happy to see it (again).

Well, based on the fact that those minivans have been out for years in 2 of those cases, I'd hope they're on the floor. And even if it's on the stand, I'd still be happy to see it (again).

One would think (not sure why), that Ford would have enough common sense to have a vehicle that is going on sale rather soon (meaning well before next years auto show), and that IS VERY IMPORTANT, on the floor for people to play with. No, instead they have that abortion of a Focus (many) and the RANGER!! Why, Why on earth would Ford have a Ranger. That great little truck is hated inside FMC about as much as the Panthers (or unique designs).

Edited by P71_CrownVic

But of course they would; hundreds of tons of them, maybe even thousands of tons of them — all unsold. :hysterical:

Complete market saturation of bloated, overweight slidersleds, for your happiness and satisfaction.