Ford Flex Roams the Streets of NYC

range

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No more than the :cheerleader: here...

You give those smilies a work out. I wonder if you have little placards that you use when you can't express yourself in person to person situations.

Take your argument about how silly Ford is not to have a vehicle on display at your auto show (which btw what auto show are you talking about). While at the LA auto show, GM had one Pontiac G8 on the turntable, Audi locked all of the doors to their A5 and I suppose I could provide a few more examples.

Chrysler could have filled an entire auto show with their minivans, but really what good does that do them when all they have is a product that offers terrible base powertrains (the worse in the industry as a matter of fact) and a lot of gimmicky mess marred by a crappy interior.

one little pho-pa I see is the if you get the panoramic roof you cant get roof rack side rails.....

With that vey expensive single piece of glass up there, I'm not so sure you (or Ford) would want someone "absent-mindedly" floating a couple hundred pounds just a few inches above it.

grrr. i just showed my dad the pics of the flex and he said "its ugly, it looks like a scion." :banghead:

god i hope most people his age dont feel that way about it

My mom feels the same way, but my dad loves the Flex. My mom likes the Taurus X better than the Flex, while my dad and I feel the opposite. As others have said, it's a polarizing design. My dad brought up a, coincidentally, a Scion xB ad that said, "you either love it or hate it" and that's what type of design the Flex is. That said, with some, like suv_guy, the design has grown on them, and they now like it. So.....who knows. I hope that my mom will feel differently about Flex when she's able to sit in one (we've only been able to see it on a platform so far), because I like the Flex.

Edited by rmc523

My mom feels the same way, but my dad loves the Flex. My mom likes the Taurus X better than the Flex, while my dad and I feel the opposite. As others have said, it's a polarizing design. My dad brought up a, coincidentally, a Scion xB ad that said, "you either love it or hate it" and that's what type of design the Flex is. That said, with some, like suv_guy, the design has grown on them, and they now like it. So.....who knows. I hope that my mom will feel differently about Flex when she's able to sit in one (we've only been able to see it on a platform so far), because I like the Flex.

I guess I'm in the middle. I like both the Taurus X and Flex. Of course, Ypu will probably be able to make a great deal on the X this summer. I think the Flex is going to be a big hit and will take a lot of attention away from the Taurus X (what little attention there has been) :hysterical:

I guess I'm in the middle. I like both the Taurus X and Flex. Of course, Ypu will probably be able to make a great deal on the X this summer. I think the Flex is going to be a big hit and will take a lot of attention away from the Taurus X (what little attention there has been) :hysterical:

I really like the Flex, and am not necessarily against the TX. I just think the Flex offers more style and would be a more "attractive" vehicle. It offers all the TX offers and more. Which do you think would be the more attractive vehicle for a 17/18 year old guy?

Now that said, we're still undecided as to what we're doing car-wise when I go to college next year. My mom also likes the Edge and CX-9. We're trying to decide whether to trade in our Expedition or add another vehicle to the "fleet", etc. If we replace the Expy, it makes sense to get a larger (3-row) vehicle, because we do use the 3rd row likely more than most (me and my fellow soccer and track teammates) which would take the Edge out. If we add the vehicle, it'd likely be for me for the most part, so an Edge may better suit my needs. Another option is to keep the Expy for a few years and wait. We still have a while though, and it's not like any of our cars are in bad condition, so we don't NEED to do anything.

Sorry for the rant.

It is not just a lengthened xB. They may look similar but that's where the similarities stop. Give it up.

Hell, they don't even LOOK similar...aside from both possessing somewhat of an upright, "boxy" shape. But if that was your only criteria to say if one car looked like another, 99% of the cars on the road today look similar to a 1987 Taurus.

I know why...because you are a very childish person who is in no way fit to be a moderator.

wonder if he drives round in a Halloween costumed car trying to convince everyone around him hes a pseudo cop that gets off on having those around him slow down?.....

Which is funny. The car that the Flex copied...has changed it's style. The Flex is already a dated design...and it hasn't hit the market yet! :hysterical:

It's all opinion. Mine is that the new XB styling is a mistake, because it joins the generic "Asian Wedge" styling that's becoming old.

The original XB was, well, more original.

The Flex, however, is similar, but different. It's bigger and a lot longer, with more windshield rake, and most important, has a much longer rear overhang, compared to the XB, which makes it look more like a station-wagon, than the van-like XB, which has rear-overhang at a minimum.

When you look, sometimes, you see.

Edited by Edstock

nope....but it IS a hearse when stretched.............AND/ or the funeral directors car of choice.....

Or Gene Simmons...or Donald Trump...

But alas...once again the :cheerleader: have yet again derailed another thread off of the original sunject and turn it into a Panther pissing match.

For people who hate the Panthers...you sure talk about them a lot.

Edited by P71_CrownVic

It's all opinion. Mine is that the new XB styling is a mistake, because it joins the generic "Asian Wedge" styling that's becoming old.

The original XB was, well, more original.

The Flex, however, is similar, but different. It's bigger and a lot longer, with more windshield rake, and most important, has a much longer rear overhang, compared to the XB, which makes it look more like a station-wagon, than the van-like XB, which has rear-overhang at a minimum.

When you look, sometimes, you see.

Right...that's what I said. It is a stretched xB.