MKS MPG's

mkizlvr

Estimates for the MKS gas mileage are posted on the lincoln website.

heres how it stacks up to what i think is its competition.

MKS FWD 17/24

AWD 17/23

untitled6.jpg

M35 RWD 16/23

AWD 16/22

untitled8.jpg

GS350 RWD 19/27

AWD 18/25

g_ext2.jpg

E350 RWD 17/24

untitled9.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw an ice blue MKS in Canton, MI today. It looked like the guy just bought it from dealer as it was no prototype, but probably preproduction model. It was real nice and shiny and cuts a nice figure on the road. It's a great looking luxury vehicle and very impressive. It looks expensive.

So it's pretty much almost midpack, wonder how it'll be with Egoboost.

But also keep in mind that the MKS is bigger (and heavier) then any of those cars listed also...

With Egoboost (LOL) I'd bet we'll see right around the same numbers as the naturally aspirated V6 in AWD form

I want to get one this summer but I have an mkz on lease right now. Does anyone know if the dealer would allow me to end my lease early. Thanks

Yes, they will, but you will have to pay a certain amount to get out. They will add the amount onto your payments for the new car in most cases.

But also keep in mind that the MKS is bigger (and heavier) then any of those cars listed also...

With Egoboost (LOL) I'd bet we'll see right around the same numbers as the naturally aspirated V6 in AWD form

It also runs on regular. Don't the others also run on premium?

Like it's been said... MKS's 3.7L motor runs on regular, on top of the fact that the MKS is positively gigantic compared to those other ones. The MKS, in person, is reminiscent of a SWB BMW 7-Series.

So, we end up with a much larger car with comparable power and fuel economy... fairly impressive, if you ask me.

I will probably get 14MPG :) I have never had a Lincoln where I exceeded 15MPG.

I like the MKS, hope to have one when the MKZ lease is up in December.

Ford will typically offer early-bird lease termination if you lease another Lincoln. Although my MKZ lease is due in December, I will probably turn it in by September.

I will probably get 14MPG :) I have never had a Lincoln where I exceeded 15MPG.

I like the MKS, hope to have one when the MKZ lease is up in December.

Ford will typically offer early-bird lease termination if you lease another Lincoln. Although my MKZ lease is due in December, I will probably turn it in by September.

Not even in the MKZ???

I saw an ice blue MKS in Canton, MI today. It looked like the guy just bought it from dealer as it was no prototype, but probably preproduction model. It was real nice and shiny and cuts a nice figure on the road. It's a great looking luxury vehicle and very impressive. It looks expensive.

I saw a white one yesterday at Telegraph and 696. It looked like any new car you'd find on a dealer's lot, e.g. not preproduction. Man did it have presence on the road, plus it looked HUGE.

wow 16 mpgs I'm averaging 19 mpg in my mkz fwd. And I'm almost all city my mph avg. is 24. I wonder why people hate theirs so much. The only problem I'm having is when in slowing down to a stop the transmission harshly downshifts from 2nd to1st. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks

wow 16 mpgs I'm averaging 19 mpg in my mkz fwd. And I'm almost all city my mph avg. is 24. I wonder why people hate theirs so much. The only problem I'm having is when in slowing down to a stop the transmission harshly downshifts from 2nd to1st. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks

How many miles do you have on it?

I put a lot of miles on the MKZ at least 20K a year so it's largely highway. It is the AWD model.

I had big problems with the transmission on my MKZ and it had to be dropped and repaired. The Transmission on the MKZ, reletive to my MKX, has been a little courser and more intrusive. The MKZ can be a spirited performer but is usually handicapped by its soft steering and suspension. Generally, I'm not very satisfied with the MKZ and wouldn't buy another, it doesn't have the Lincoln quality I'm looking for.

Edited by BORG

I put a lot of miles on the MKZ at least 20K a year so it's largely highway. It is the AWD model.

I had big problems with the transmission on my MKZ and it had to be dropped and repaired. The Transmission on the MKZ, reletive to my MKX, has been a little courser and more intrusive. The MKZ can be a spirited performer but is usually handicapped by its soft steering and suspension. Generally, I'm not very satisfied with the MKZ and wouldn't buy another.

I can't say that I blame ya. I've said it 20 times now, a proper sports package for the MKZ would go a long way.

I can't say that I blame ya. I've said it 20 times now, a proper sports package for the MKZ would go a long way.

I didn't mean to imply I didn't like the car for its performance characteristics which I find adequate, but the quality of the car is worst I've ever seen on a Lincoln. I'm not talking about reliability, but quality such as materials, sound insulation, engine NVH, general gizmology, etc...

I didn't mean to imply I didn't like the car for its performance characteristics which I find adequate, but the quality of the car is worst I've ever seen on a Lincoln. I'm not talking about reliability, but quality such as materials, sound insulation, engine NVH, general gizmology, etc...

I agree with that regard too. What gives me hope is the fact that it is almost there. I hope lessons learned from customer feedback and the competition are applied to the '10 refresh.

Hopefully the next Z will have most of these shortcomings attended to. The optimist in me points to the NVH improvements in the Focus. Hopefully the CD will get the same degree of improvement.

Well as much as I found the D30 adequate, I pray to god it isn't used on any CD after the update. It moves the car, but it makes way too much noise doing so (under moderate/heavy acceleration that is). Ditching the engine alone will improve NVH 10 fold.