MKS MPG's

mkizlvr

I'm hoping for a dramatically improved interior, one that focuses on material quality and ergonomics instead of garish design. The Lincoln LS may have been bland, but the material quality and general luxury experience was substantially better despite all the reliability problems when I first bough it. The MKX is also much better from the standpoint of material quality, design, and overall refinement (although I seem to be having some braking issues now). I more or less liked the MKZ when I bought it but was really uneasy with the the amount of money I paid for something that was in many ways weaker than the far more tastefully designed and spirited Milan I test drove. I too am counting on the update to make the MKZ a better all around Lincoln but the changes simply aren't substantial enough to hide a 17K vehicle under a 40K price.

I too hope for an improved interior. I think Lincoln needs to move away from that 2-pod design they're trying right now.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13mpg for the LS?At one point I was only getting 14 around town, took it to a Ford mechanic friend.

13mpgs? Driving very conservatively, I can pull 13.8 mpgs (according to the car's mpg computer) out of our Expedition, that's with a passenger and stuff in the back.

OK, I get 16MPG in the MKZ, but that's not a real Lincoln ;)

Just finished a long road trip (1600 miles in 5 days) in my 2007 Milan 3.0L. I crossed the Smokies 4 times and was running 5-10 mph over the limit almost all of the time and still averaged about 27 mpg.

My gut feel is this car get better mileage when the ambient temp is above 60 as I was getting less than 18 around town (SE MI) this winter.

Like it's been said... MKS's 3.7L motor runs on regular, on top of the fact that the MKS is positively gigantic compared to those other ones. The MKS, in person, is reminiscent of a SWB BMW 7-Series.

So, we end up with a much larger car with comparable power and fuel economy... fairly impressive, if you ask me.

"Comparable Power" ? I think not. The MKS with the NA 3.7L will get smoked by all of those other cars !

I think it is a beautiful car, but it deserves a V8 (like it was originally going to have). It also sounds like it will be over priced for a D32 platform. Some people believe just because it has a "high end" logo and a big price tag, it is really has value.

It will be interesting to see what the 2009 3.7L MKS sells for in 2012 when the 3 yr leases are up. I guessing about 40% of sticker.

Just for comparison, the Town Car gets 15/23 mpg and that's 4300-4500 lb car.

Not meaning to sound like a Negaturd but I wonder what fuel economy a 6-speed TC would give?

Probably better!

If it had a DI V8 with a 6 speed than it would for sure, I still don't see anything impressive about the MKS's powertrain, until ecoboost arrives it's pretty boring. I don't see how an underpowered V6 with FWD is competitive..

Just for comparison, the Town Car gets 15/23 mpg and that's 4300-4500 lb car.

Not meaning to sound like a Negaturd but I wonder what fuel economy a 6-speed TC would give?

Despite what others may think, praising a Ford platform does not make you a "negatard".

And, seeing that you can get 30 MPG out of a 2.73 geared Panther already...I don't think a 6-speed would make that much of a difference.