09 F-150 Regular Cab

Nice lookin chop. Remove the suicide door and you'll have an accurate chop of the reg cab.

Now if there will be a flair-side?

I also was going to mention there will be no rear "access door" or whatever Ford called it.

I'd assume there'd be a flareside F-150 still, although I haven't seen all that many of the current design (but that may be because it's not as good looking as the previous generation). That said, once the new 6.5 ft bed became available, I've seen quite a few SuperCrews with the 6.5ft flareside bed. They look pretty good, IMO.

I also was going to mention there will be no rear "access door" or whatever Ford called it.

I'd assume there'd be a flareside F-150 still, although I haven't seen all that many of the current design (but that may be because it's not as good looking as the previous generation). That said, once the new 6.5 ft bed became available, I've seen quite a few SuperCrews with the 6.5ft flareside bed. They look pretty good, IMO.

Yes,we have built several Reg. cab flairsides. Uses same tail lights as the current flairside.

Yes,we have built several Reg. cab flairsides. Uses same tail lights as the current flairside.

Hmmm, no "ricer" chromed lights? Interesting....

Does the tailgate have the stamping like the new model or is that carryover from the current one as well? I ask because I know the stamping ties into the detailing in the new taillights.

Edited by rmc523

Will ford upgrade/refresh the F150 when the new 6.2 and 4.4 debut? or will not they just put the new engines in with out a upgrade/refresh? Because you want the F150 perfect with those new engines debut to attract buyers, which means all the flaws, bugs and mistakes ford made need to be addressed and improved before the new engines debut.

How do you know there will not be an acess door? Maybe a dumb question to you, and if so accept my apology. I just would like to know.

How do you know there will not be an acess door? Maybe a dumb question to you, and if so accept my apology. I just would like to know.

Not to speak for rmc, but there have been several "in the know" that have stated the rear access doors are gone. DearbornDerek is one of those. I think the new truck is using the same door on the regular cab as will be used on the SuperCab and SuperCrew to eliminate differences across models and save some $$$.

Not to speak for rmc, but there have been several "in the know" that have stated the rear access doors are gone. DearbornDerek is one of those. I think the new truck is using the same door on the regular cab as will be used on the SuperCab and SuperCrew to eliminate differences across models and save some $$$.

Thanks, I don't know if that's too bad or not. I was just getting used to the access door look on the non-"standard" cabs. Imho, the pickups look better without the longer cab. An actual standard cab was one of the things that I liked about the GM twins standard/not stretched cabs. It's probably irrelivant as I am still driving my 94 XL with everything...It just won't die!

Thanks, I don't know if that's too bad or not. I was just getting used to the access door look on the non-"standard" cabs. Imho, the pickups look better without the longer cab. An actual standard cab was one of the things that I liked about the GM twins standard/not stretched cabs. It's probably irrelivant as I am still driving my 94 XL with everything...It just won't die!

Sorry this took so long, I've been out of town a few days...

I don't remember where I read it, it may have been here from Dearborn Derek as fordmantpw mentioned, but I've read that the access doors will be dropped and the larger SuperCab doors will replace them. Also, if you think about it, the SuperCab are longer, so they'd extend to where the rear access doors are now, thus rendering them useless anyways, not to mention that it's cheaper to produce 3 door types (front, suicide rear, and rear), rather than 5 door types (front (reg/SuperCrew), front (SuperCab), access, rear suicide, and rear).

Will ford upgrade/refresh the F150 when the new 6.2 and 4.4 debut? or will not they just put the new engines in with out a upgrade/refresh? Because you want the F150 perfect with those new engines debut to attract buyers, which means all the flaws, bugs and mistakes ford made need to be addressed and improved before the new engines debut.

Well, based on the fact that the 6.2 will be out within (and maybe under) a year of the 09's launch, I'd say no major updates will occur then. You may see some slight changes, such as new option availablity or new packages, maybe some slight cosmetic upgrades etc., but my guess is no major changes then. When the 4.4 comes out (IIRC, a half a year or full year?) after that, the truck would be closer to an MCE I would think, so you may see some more changes, but they too would likely be small.

Using the 2004-2008 model as an example, there were no major updates, just additional options and packages (Harley, etc.) were added each year. If that model is followed, I believe there won't be anything different except some options and packages. We haven't seen a Harley version yet, so I'd expect one of those for late 09/early '10. I'd think the FX2 package would be continued (I see quite a few near me). Not sure if the Limited model (which I really like the looks of) will be continued....I have an unfortunate feeling it won't.