When will the MKS be in Dealer lots??

pkoko

When will the new Lincoln MKS be out?? When will it reach dealership lots?? My Dad may be interested in one.. An accurate time frame other than summer 2008 would be nice?? Also will the car be released as a 2008 or 2009?? And lastly, anyone got interior photos w/o NAV??

Thanks

When will the new Lincoln MKS be out?? When will it reach dealership lots?? My Dad may be interested in one.. An accurate time frame other than summer 2008 would be nice?? Also will the car be released as a 2008 or 2009?? And lastly, anyone got interior photos w/o NAV??

Thanks

http://www.lincoln.com/reachhigher/?intcmp...erHome_20080128

Upper right corner.

Edited by TomServo92

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it !

I think it looks amazing, but the first year buyers are getting the shaft with no EcoBoost. Kind of like what they did to the first years buyers of the Zephyr/MKZ.

Nah, I wouldn't count on it, I think the top-end model is a little out of my league so I'll probably stay with the fully-featured MKX or MKZ. Fortunately, I can count on Lincoln to maintain those vehicles now (Sadly, my MKZ lease is up before the 2010 is due, crap!)

Thanks

I've been wondering when this and the Flex will be out as well.

Oh, and in regards to the non-nav system interior, there were some spy shots a while back that didn't have a nav system:

http://blogs.edmunds.com/.ee9bbff/cmd.233/enclosure..ee9bc00

All it says is "Summer 2008".

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it !

I think it looks amazing, but the first year buyers are getting the shaft with no EcoBoost. Kind of like what they did to the first years buyers of the Zephyr/MKZ.

Yeah, they may be getting the shaft with no EcoBoost....if they have demand for a 300+ horsepower engine. I'm guessing a lot of people in this car's demographic will be perfectly pleased with the base engine. Would be interesting to see the take rate on the EcoBoost compared to the base engine once both are available. I'm going to guess the base engine still remains the far more popular choice.

I don't imagine many potential MKS buyers give a toot about Ecoboost. I'm in the taget group for the car, and I could care less. It won't be a performance car, no matter the HP. So why waste the money and fuel on more HP for the car? I will like it fine with NA 3.7 I bet.

Also Ford will probably offer it in a trim level with a bunch of other options, so it will probably wind up costing about $10,000 over standard model.

However...offer a turbo 3.5 or 3.7 in a smaller lighter RWD car like the Mustang, where it can make a real performance difference, then sign me up.

Edited by Ralph Greene

Also Ford will probably offer it in a trim level with a bunch of other options, so it will probably wind up costing about $10,000 over standard model.

I hope not. Ford should stick to Honda's model of offering any engine on any trim level. They shouldn't be dependent upon one another.

The MKS may get booed off stage by the auto critics without the Ecoboost present to thrill them. I don't think the MKS will be a big critical hit but that matters not for the most part since they never value the same things that the target customer does.

It's hard to legitimately dismiss a product that provides world class safety, quality, and drive quality at a lower than average price.

Edited by BORG

I'm interested in seeing the MKS. We are hoping it's a nicer version of our Montego, with higher quality content, but with same interior and trunk space. HP, or lack of HP, will not be a deciding factor, for what we are interested in. The standard 3.5 or 3.7 87 octane engine will be fine.

We think the current MKZ and MKX, when you inspect them closely, are little better than the Milan and Edge, and in fact look kinda cheap for their retail sales price. We think the Milan and Edge are better buys.

We also really like the size of our Montego, so are hopeful the MKS will be just what we ae looking for.

I imagine the Ecoboost version will come in as a separate model, priced at least $10,000 higher, maybe to go up against the 535 or something, and will appeal to a different market than us. For us, it not really so much the money, it's more about what we want. We want a nice smooth quiet roomy Lincoln. Hopefully there is a car for both type of buyers. Those who feel as we do, and those who want a "hot rod Lincoln".

I'm interested in seeing the MKS. We are hoping it's a nicer version of our Montego, with higher quality content, but with same interior and trunk space. HP, or lack of HP, will not be a deciding factor, for what we are interested in. The standard 3.5 or 3.7 87 octane engine will be fine.

We think the current MKZ and MKX, when you inspect them closely, are little better than the Milan and Edge, and in fact look kinda cheap for their retail sales price. We think the Milan and Edge are better buys.

We also really like the size of our Montego, so are hopeful the MKS will be just what we ae looking for.

I imagine the Ecoboost version will come in as a separate model, priced at least $10,000 higher, maybe to go up against the 535 or something, and will appeal to a different market than us. For us, it not really so much the money, it's more about what we want. We want a nice smooth quiet roomy Lincoln. Hopefully there is a car for both type of buyers. Those who feel as we do, and those who want a "hot rod Lincoln".

MKS should be far above the Montego, but it does have a slightly smaller trunk.

The base model isn't going to be anything to be ashamed of. 270hp (although I'm sure the number will be higher when launched) is PLENTY of pep. Anyone remember this?

mark8_p.jpg

280hp was monstrously fast in that car... and we're complaining that the initial engine will only have 270hp on 87 octane?

Anyone care about standard adaptive HID lamps? Real wood trim? Bridge of Weir leather seats, same source as Aston Martin? Quality at least on par with the best of Lexus? Even at $38,000 base, this is a fairly impressive vehicle, with far more standard equipment than I thought it would have.

The base model isn't going to be anything to be ashamed of. 270hp (although I'm sure the number will be higher when launched) is PLENTY of pep. Anyone remember this?

mark8_p.jpg

280hp was monstrously fast in that car... and we're complaining that the initial engine will only have 270hp on 87 octane?

Anyone care about standard adaptive HID lamps? Real wood trim? Bridge of Weir leather seats, same source as Aston Martin? Quality at least on par with the best of Lexus? Even at $38,000 base, this is a fairly impressive vehicle, with far more standard equipment than I thought it would have.

I had two of those cars :) I remember, and they weren't that fast because they handled so poorly. I'm waiting for a genuine LS replacement, I've never had a Ford that could haul like the LS.

Ralph,

I have a MKS due to be built in May; hopefully I'll get it early June. I'll post a mini-review when I get it. It's FWD "Ultimate" with nav, sunroof, THX, etc. For my driving, the 3.5l will be fine; I can count on one hand the number of times I have had the pedal to the floor in my Edge.

But I do agree with Borg's comments. I believe the LS, although not perfect, was the finest car ever produced by Ford in NA. I think the MKS will be a nice car -- sort of like a larger ES350 with full differentiation from the base model and lots of features. But...it's pretty large and I don't think it will have nearly the sporting character of the LS. I just hope it's not too relaxed. We'll see.

Ralph,

I have a MKS due to be built in May; hopefully I'll get it early June. I'll post a mini-review when I get it. It's FWD "Ultimate" with nav, sunroof, THX, etc. For my driving, the 3.5l will be fine; I can count on one hand the number of times I have had the pedal to the floor in my Edge.

But I do agree with Borg's comments. I believe the LS, although not perfect, was the finest car ever produced by Ford in NA. I think the MKS will be a nice car -- sort of like a larger ES350 with full differentiation from the base model and lots of features. But...it's pretty large and I don't think it will have nearly the sporting character of the LS. I just hope it's not too relaxed. We'll see.

One correction: your car will have Lincoln's new 3.7L V6, not the 3.5.