2009 Escape Order Guide

ice-capades

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realize that there were issues like that. I think some dealers have incorrect information or are trying to provide incorrect information. As for X-Plan, I ordered mine with it and will be paying less than the retail and that is including taxes, etc. If you are getting different information about prices or X-plan I think you should find a different dealer. I know it's a little out of your area but the guy that I worked with at my dealer was great to work with.

Ditto. I ordered a '09 Hybrid and will be paying flat X-plan pricing.

One dealer told me that he would sell to me at X-Plan plus $2k; I said heck no and found a dealer that would sell at X-plan plus zero. Only 1 of the 4 dealers I visited to would sell at X-plan pricing; keep looking like I did.

One dealer told me that he would sell to me at X-Plan plus $2k

That is a blatant violation of Ford's rules. You should report that dealer.

The dealer can only add tax and tags to the X-plan price as invoiced for the vehicle. Nothing else. No extra advertising fees, nor documentation fees.

Also, the dealer has to deliver to you, the ordered vehicle. The dealer can not sell it another buyer, even if that buyer offers them $25K over sticker. In case you have never ordered under the X-plan before, you name actually gets printed onto the window sticker.

That is a blatant violation of Ford's rules. You should report that dealer.

The dealer can only add tax and tags to the X-plan price as invoiced for the vehicle. Nothing else. No extra advertising fees, nor documentation fees.

Also, the dealer has to deliver to you, the ordered vehicle. The dealer can not sell it another buyer, even if that buyer offers them $25K over sticker. In case you have never ordered under the X-plan before, you name actually gets printed onto the window sticker.

Actually there is a small documentation fee that can be added. I believe the number is $75, but bbf knows more.

Hi all, I'm new here and plan to order an '09 FEH Limited this week. What happened to the upgraded 320w audiophile sound system? In 2008, it was a stand alone option, now I don't see it. Can it still be added to the Hybrid Limited if I don't want the Nav? And by the way, why does Ford charge over $2000 for a Nav unit when you can by a brand new Garmin that works beautifully for $200? I would love to have the Nav built in but it just doesn't make any sense at this price...

Edited by EricC5Vett

Hi all, I'm new here and plan to order an '09 FEH Limited this week. What happened to the upgraded 320w audiophile sound system? In 2008, it was a stand alone option, now I don't see it. Can it still be added to the Hybrid Limited if I don't want the Nav? And by the way, why does Ford charge over $2000 for a Nav unit when you can by a brand new Garmin that works beautifully for $200? I would love to have the Nav built in but it just doesn't make any sense at this price...

There is a big difference between a Ford nav and a hand held. I don't know if the escape has the next gen or not, but there are still differences.

Actually there is a small documentation fee that can be added. I believe the number is $75, but bbf knows more.

Wow, you are right. Things seems to have changed in the past two years. I mean, I don't remember paying any fees with any of my past X-plan purchases.

I just went back onto the Plan website this morning, and to my great surprise, I see that there is now both a $75 documentation fee and a $75 administration fee. :eek5:

There is a big difference between a Ford nav and a hand held. I don't know if the escape has the next gen or not, but there are still differences.

Yes It does!

"SIRIUS® Travel Link™ , which offers real-time traffic, weather, fuel price, sports schedules and movie information when combined with Ford’s next-generation navigation system with voice recognition."

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2008/01/22/075604.html

"Also available on 11 other Ford, Lincoln and Mercury models so far, the joint technology package with Microsoft apparently is giving Ford a much-needed boost not only in actual sales but also in consumer perceptions that it’s on the cutting edge of something important. Voice-activated technology that allows users to dial phone numbers, send text messages, and play songs by speaking, Sync potentially represents the biggest development in passenger-compartment electronics since OnStar."

The bigger concern for Ford might be that its exclusive lock on using Auto PC, Microsoft’s underlying technology, expires in November. At that point Microsoft will be free to work with any other automaker on Auto PC applications, and rivals are likely to begin trying to cherry-pick what Sync has shown about the marketplace. “The competition will gravitate there quickly once the exclusive is gone,” said Merkle, the IRN analyst.

But Ford's Hall noted it would take rivals a while to catch up with Sync, and meanwhile, Ford will continue to update and improve its own highly adaptable system. “We,” he said, “have the lead.”

http://www.autoobserver.com/2008/04/ford-microsoft.html

Not only does the next-generation Navigational System in the FEH/MMH have all this with Sync, you get the energy screens in addition. The sound system alone with 7 speakers and sub-woofer make this unit purchase a great deal. I think I read the hard drive could record 150 minutes of CD's and you can use your voice to bring up the songs.

I have the old Nav Sys that allowed me to learn how to hypermile with the energy screens before I learned the term hypermiler existed. The GPS CD map system isn't the best, but hopefully the next-generation Nav will be much better. I'm betting on it with all the new improvements.

I took over an already ordered '05 FEH in December '04 that the buyer backed out of one of two alloted to this dealership. My Broker was going to order a FEH when Ford set the ordering date for Feb. '05 for Florida buyers. When this dealer had an alloted unit canceled, my Broker called me to see if I wanted it. Of course this is the unit I now own. I made a number of changes to the order like adding the Nav sys, color, appearance package etc. and received a cost confirmation and order change with my name on it. The vehicle came in just as ordered and I've been happy ever since.

My question is this: I got a conformation sheet that a Black FWD FEH Limited W/Nav was ordered, but my name was not on the document. My Broker did not need a down payment for a MSRP verbally agreed price. Shouldn't I have a written contract between me and the dealer? I'm sure I had to sign one on my first FEH, but I was wondering if others have a similar agreement. My guess is that the dealerships (like with the X plan purchases) don't want to assign an order so they can sell to a higher bidder before the units come in. The reason I suspect this is because I have another buyer and ask my Broker about him getting the X plan rate on one. He said the X plan was not available, so I ask could he get one at MSRP like me. No return call back. My guess is also the fleet manager's hands maybe tied by the dealership retail market salespersons. The Hybrid market may be getting hotter with gas prices going up and the tax incentive going away with the number of units sold.

I'd like to get some feed back here before I confront my Broker at this point. If he can't lock down the order, I need to find a dealer who will. I've already turned down the same offer from a internet salesperson at a local dealership because my Broker has treated me right in the past.

What do you think?

Gary,

I'm in the exact same position as you. I ordered my 09 FEH Limited on April 18, and the dealer confirmed that the order went through. The curious thing is that I wasn't required to make a deposit, and he did say that he would accept the x-plan price (even quoted me the $29,280 quote.) Please let me know what you find out. Since I didn't fill out any paperwork or sign anything, I guess it's possible that he could sell my car to a higher bidder. I trust the dealer, as I bought my current F150 from them, but your question has piqued my curiosity.

Edited by jkandrews

My question is this: I got a conformation sheet that a Black FWD FEH Limited W/Nav was ordered, but my name was not on the document. My Broker did not need a down payment for a MSRP verbally agreed price. Shouldn't I have a written contract between me and the dealer?

What do you think?

Gary,

I placed my X-Plan order for an 09 Hybrid ~April-27. The dealer gave me an invoice confirming the price with all fees and gave me a screen print-out which included my name associated with the order. The print out is a bit cryptic, but it was right off the Ford ordering system. The dealer did not require a down payment. He said that they are only allowed to order for confirmed customers and that Ford may call me to make sure I really ordered the FEH.

Good luck,

Dan

Gary,

I placed my X-Plan order for an 09 Hybrid ~April-27. The dealer gave me an invoice confirming the price with all fees and gave me a screen print-out which included my name associated with the order. The print out is a bit cryptic, but it was right off the Ford ordering system. The dealer did not require a down payment. He said that they are only allowed to order for confirmed customers and that Ford may call me to make sure I really ordered the FEH.

Good luck,

Dan

I go in tonight to place my order for an '09 2WD Limited Hybrid and will post back here how the transaction is handled to see if it matches more with Dan's, Gary's or jkandrew's experience.

My question kind of got lost in the shuffle here. Still trying to find out about the status of the upgrade 320w audiophile sound system that was an option in '08. It was a stand alone option, now I don't see it. Does anyone know if it can still be added without getting Nav?

Since I didn't fill out any paperwork or sign anything, I guess it's possible that he could sell my car to a higher bidder. I trust the dealer, as I bought my current F150 from them, but your question has piqued my curiosity.

Up on the Plan website, there is the form ("AXZD_Plan Pricing Agreement") that both you, and the dealer, are suppose to sign. Amongst other things, it prohibits the dealer from selling the vehicle to another buyer. It also gives you just 5 working days to pick up the vehicle after it comes in.

Plus, with a Plan order, your name is printed on the window sticker. :cheerleader:

My question kind of got lost in the shuffle here. Still trying to find out about the status of the upgrade 320w audiophile sound system that was an option in '08. It was a stand alone option, now I don't see it. Does anyone know if it can still be added without getting Nav?

In looking at page 7 (8th page in the PDF) in the Ordering Guide, the 320watt Audiophile radio (option 588) is a stand alone option on the XLT, and available both as a stand alone option and as part of the Moon & Tune value package (option 17A) on the Limited.

Met with my dealer in KY last night to place my order for an 09 FEH Limited FWD. It went smoothly and everything was exactly as the order guide appears. X Plan pricing was accepted and my order will be completed this morning after they adjust the paperwork. He originally thought I wanted the side step bars but is taking those off since I do not want those. I did add the Nav so my final x price should be approx $31.5K. Will advise date information as it is available for those trying to compare their status.

Just because the dealer said they would sell at X plan price or X plan price plus $2K does NOT mean they are selling the vehicle under X plan. It's no different than saying $500 over invoice - they're just using the X plan price as a base reference point. In these cases they would not even use a PIN.

Just because you order a vehicle doesn't mean you have to buy it - nor does the dealer have to sell it to you. Doesn't matter whether you put down a deposit or not. Until you take delivery there is no contract.

OK...I have an update. I completely changed my mind yesterday, as I found an 08 Hybrid FWD fully loaded at a dealer 3 hours away. They said they would accept the x-plan, so instead of waiting for the 09, my impatience got the best of me and I went with the 08. So far, I love it! I did call the dealer I had ordered through and asked him if it would be any hardship on them if I backed out of my order and went with the 08. Not surprisingly, he wasn't worried at all about selling the one I ordered, so the no deposit thing didn't cause any issues at all. When I was talking with him, he reassured me that even though we didn't sign any paperwork, it was ordered under x-plan, and had my name assigned to it.

In looking at page 7 (8th page in the PDF) in the Ordering Guide, the 320watt Audiophile radio (option 588) is a stand alone option on the XLT, and available both as a stand alone option and as part of the Moon & Tune value package (option 17A) on the Limited.

Those options are on the gas version only. They are not listed as standard or optional on the hybrid. I asked at a local dealer yesterday and they said the Audiophile system upgrade is only available as part of the nav option upgrade on the hybrid.

Sorry, I thought that mentioning the models, like XLT, would imply I meant gas only.

You both are saying the same thing. Prattman was just pointing out that you can't get that system on a hybrid, which is true also. My question is, is a subwoofer included only with the gas Limited with Nav option. Having 7 speakers, you would think they would include a sub-woofer as the seventh speaker, but it's not worded like in the Nav Sys option "7 speakers, subwoofer.". That's confusing! Also, my '05 Nav system was a Audiophile, but the '09 ordering guide doesn't say what make the new system is.

You both are saying the same thing. Prattman was just pointing out that you can't get that system on a hybrid, which is true also. My question is, is a subwoofer included only with the gas Limited with Nav option. Having 7 speakers, you would think they would include a sub-woofer as the seventh speaker, but it's not worded like in the Nav Sys option "7 speakers, subwoofer.". That's confusing! Also, my '05 Nav system was a Audiophile, but the '09 ordering guide doesn't say what make the new system is.

I don't think the interior changed so I am sure that it is still 2 left front, 2 right front, 1 left rear, 1 right rear, and 1 back sub, to make up the seven. For the '09 Nav, I am sure it meant 7 speakers including a subwoofer, and not 7 speakers and a subwoofer. :D

The '09 ordering guide does state "Audiophile" for just the 320 watt radio. But you are right, it doesn't for the Nav radio. Though, I would think it is a good bet that with 7 speakers, you also get the 320 watt Audiophile amps.

I know that back in '07, in the Mariner, the stand alone optional NAV system came with just 4 speakers. If you got the Premium Package, then you got the NAV system with the Audiophile amps and the 7 speakers.

I don't think the interior changed so I am sure that it is still 2 left front, 2 right front, 1 left rear, 1 right rear, and 1 back sub, to make up the seven. For the '09 Nav, I am sure it meant 7 speakers including a subwoofer, and not 7 speakers and a subwoofer. :D

The '09 ordering guide does state "Audiophile" for just the 320 watt radio. But you are right, it doesn't for the Nav radio. Though, I would think it is a good bet that with 7 speakers, you also get the 320 watt Audiophile amps.

I know that back in '07, in the Mariner, the stand alone optional NAV system came with just 4 speakers. If you got the Premium Package, then you got the NAV system with the Audiophile amps and the 7 speakers.

Back when I ordered my '05 FEH (just looked at the old paperwork), it didn't say the Nav sys was 320W either. The MACH 300 option was labeled 320W with 7 speakers, including subwoofer and 2 tweeters. This was the same speaker set-up that came with the Nav Sys option in my '05 FEH. The 8" subwoofer/amplifer and 2 tweeters is what Ford left out unless you ordered the Premium Package in later model FEH's. The 7 speaker system is all I need as far as a vehicle sound system, but I wouldn't waste my money on a 4 speaker system myself. This was a major reason I'm going with the '09 Limited FEH W/Nav. The newer sound insulation and michelin tires should improve the sound system much better than in my '05 FEH, which I been really pleased with.

Does anyone know where Ford is placing the tweeters in the '09 Escape?

I have a couple of quick questions to make sure I'm understanding the order guide correctly:

1) Am I understanding correctly that the Hybrid Limited includes all possible options on the Escape Hybrid as standard with the exception of the Navigation System and Side Step Bars? Basically, if I just ordered the base Escape Hybrid Limited I would get all the options possible to get on the Escape Hybrid except those two items.

2) Does the AM/FM Radio with 6-Disc in dash CD player have an audio input jack for an iPod or other portable MP3 player and does it support MP3 files on disc? I can't find any reference to these in the order guide.

3) Does the radio that comes with the Navigation package upgrade have an audio input jack for iPod or other portable MP3 player?

4) Is the MSRP of the Hybrid Limited $30,635 as quoted in an earlier post?

Thanks for the help!

Edited by fordcane