ST.LOUIS PLANT

meuaw

In one post, you said you were coming as production?

meuaw

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Posts Posted on: Apr 4 2008, 12:47 PM

BlueOval New Member

Group: Blue Oval Members

Member No.: 23,291

I got my report date at St.Louis, to report at KC April 14 production from what I hear they are not taking any skilled trades there,they took 2 electricians and 1 apprentice no more trades are needed at KC

Has someone been exposed as a fraud? Have their own words comeback to betray them? Nice sleuthing Twincam...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has someone been exposed as a fraud? Have their own words comeback to betray them? Nice sleuthing Twincam...

That was good Twincam, thanks for exposing that fraud. :devil2:

I thought we could probably network here to try and get info the company and union wont give us, but I guess certain people should be working for the company.

In one post, you said you were coming as production?

meuaw

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Posts Posted on: Apr 4 2008, 12:47 PM

BlueOval New Member

Group: Blue Oval Members

Member No.: 23,291

I got my report date at St.Louis, to report at KC April 14 production from what I hear they are not taking any skilled trades there,they took 2 electricians and 1 apprentice no more trades are needed at KC

TWINCAM OR SHOULD I SAY DAVE WILLIAMS YOU KNOW I AM RIGHT KC WILL NOT LET TRADES IN,YOU HEARTHE SAME THING I DO.

I guess I'll take... not. Sounds to me like you are an unfortunate soul trying to get back in the trades.

YOU SEE,TRADES WILL NOT BE COMING,SOMETHING IN THE WORKS TO STOP IT BEFORE YOU GET HERE. LETS SEE YOU THAT HAVE YOUR GLORIOUS REPORT DATE, ARE NOW GETTING CALLED TO POSTPONE THAT DATE. CORRECT SEE HOW THINGS WORK. SEE YOU IN PRODUCTION OR NOT AT ALL.

YOU SEE,TRADES WILL NOT BE COMING,SOMETHING IN THE WORKS TO STOP IT BEFORE YOU GET HERE. LETS SEE YOU THAT HAVE YOUR GLORIOUS REPORT DATE, ARE NOW GETTING CALLED TO POSTPONE THAT DATE. CORRECT SEE HOW THINGS WORK. SEE YOU IN PRODUCTION OR NOT AT ALL.

What great union brothers we can look forward to working with in KC. I have not got that call.

The only thing I believe... is that monday you will be putting parts on the truck...or are you an electrician?...Which one was it?...You mysteriously disappeared when your own posts proved you to be a liar.

What great union brothers we can look forward to working with in KC. I have not got that call.

I wouldn't worry about guys like this. I find it ironic that he is spiting himself. He is doing everything within his small globe of influence to block these inevitable transfers... which will only serve to delay or permanently block his eventual return to the trades.

These guys did what they determined at the time to be in their best interests. They chose to break their classifications to stay close to home and don't like the end results. The placement hierarchy of the UAW dictates he now must wait until we are placed. He thinks the local has picked up his cause, when in truth, what they are really attempting to do is protect the overtime of the workers currently in trades.

If the IUAW or company was to allow the local to circumvent the placement protocol... I can't imagine the tremendous amount of litigation which would spring from that mistake. I know people from all over the country that have broken their classifications and returned to production capacities. Each of these people would instantly have grounds to demand a return their skilled classifications.

I understand the disappointment he,and all those who broke must feel, they now realize they made a tremendous blunder breaking their classifications...But if they took a minute to think the problem through... they would realize their fight, against those scheduled to come to KC, is weakening the chance they will ever return to their skilled trade jobs.

Edited by S.Knight

ITS JUST WHAT I HEAR HERE AT KC.BEING FROM ST.LOUIS THEY DONT TELL ME TOO MUCH,BUT BET EVERYTHING YOU HAVE ON NOT COMING TO KC MAYBE A FEW ELECTRICIANS BUT THAT WILL BE IT. THINK ABOUT IT EVERY TRADESMAN ALL TRADES ABOUT 350 ALL GOING TO KC NO WAY. THEY WANT TO AND WILL PUT EX-TRADES FROM PRODUCTION BACK IN THE MIX,AND WILL KEEP OUTSIDERS FROM COMING TO PROTECT KC TRADES FROM GETTING LAYED-OFF. THATS THE TRUTH BELIEVE IT OR NOT.

well i'm one of the ex-trades now in production and I haven't seen any effort to get me back in trades. Am I missing something? :finger:

well i'm one of the ex-trades now in production and I haven't seen any effort to get me back in trades. Am I missing something? :finger:

Hello. Im not in trades and never have been but I do have a KCAP question for production folks and hoping for a positive answer. WITH NO ulterior motives... :rolleyes:

There is a handful or more of us from SLAP that transferred elsewhere (AAI, CAP, etc) a few years back that are now hearing rumors (actually from IUAW) that we will be offered a chance to transfer to KCAP as production to replace some of your TPTers. Im inthe same situation with putting the house up for sale -- already went through that headache last time but we were under the impression that KCAP would never be available to us when we made the first decision to transfer back in 04 or many of us wouldhave stayed put! Trust me on that.

So without ruffling anyone's feathers, I would just like to know if there is any talks of any former SLAP production people now at AAI or Chicago going to be "coming home'' so to speak to MO?

Anything you hear would be appreciated.

Hello. Im not in trades and never have been but I do have a KCAP question for production folks and hoping for a positive answer. WITH NO ulterior motives... :rolleyes:

There is a handful or more of us from SLAP that transferred elsewhere (AAI, CAP, etc) a few years back that are now hearing rumors (actually from IUAW) that we will be offered a chance to transfer to KCAP as production to replace some of your TPTers. Im inthe same situation with putting the house up for sale -- already went through that headache last time but we were under the impression that KCAP would never be available to us when we made the first decision to transfer back in 04 or many of us wouldhave stayed put! Trust me on that.

So without ruffling anyone's feathers, I would just like to know if there is any talks of any former SLAP production people now at AAI or Chicago going to be "coming home'' so to speak to MO?

Anything you hear would be appreciated.

I heard that there is a possibility that those people are expected to be canvased this fall to go to KCAP. this is only because it is expected that there will be a need for production employee's there. The rumour that they have RTBU rights is not true.

Edited by takeme back 2blue

Make sure you update us on your predictions on 6/16! Take it easy Karmack the magnificate. :happy feet: :hysterical:

Edited by takeme back 2blue

I heard that there is a possibility that those people are expected to be canvased this fall to go to KCAP. this is only because it is expected that there will be a need for production employee's there. The rumour that they have RTBU rights is not true.

Thank you for your input.

Not to start a huge disagreement, but I heard straight from IUAW rep at a contract disscussion meeting that the St. Louis folks that were placed at Aai and CAP will have a RTBU --- although it would be considered a RTBRegion (since the actual UNIT does not apply.)it was to be treated thesame as RTBU.

I would really hope that an entire roomful and panal of IUAW reps would not use the regional facility and official meetingto call all members to simply "spread rumors "...

However,if I were you and not PRESENT at that specific meeting with those specific Regional Reps and speaking to them myself, i would have every reason to have doubts myself. Very specific questions were asked and very specific answers were given at that meeting. The only thing they were unsure of was the time frame.

Of course ANYTHING coud have happened between then and now to change everything.

Thank you again, brother.

BTW- Brother, are you at KCAP yourself or are you just responding? Im curious to know if anyone WORKING AT the KCAP has heard anything?

till all trades in jsp and and ach are placed you are not going to get placed back in trades!!! Sorry but you made this bed baby,now sleep in in it!! :finger:

Wow.......made what bed, the fact that my plant closed? Yeah I personally planned that out to my benefit, waiting 5 plus years as we were told we would close, then we wouldn't. First group of transferrees wasn't even open to trades and I watched some of my family move to other areas. Then sat in a meeting and was told all trades would transfer only to be told my trade wouldn't transfer. Some of us want to work and ensure our families stability. I'll work hard in whatever job I'm given - I was proud of my trade and did a knock down job! Things change. For anyone that has had a plant close, it stinks and there isn't much info until you actually get your transfer papers. Some of what you hear here is only bitterness and envy, some is correct. Take the info for what it is worth and make decisions that are best for your family. Not alot makes sense. I'll work side by side with any UAW brother or sister and wish the best for ya. This bed I did not make for myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :finger:

Wow.......made what bed, the fact that my plant closed? Yeah I personally planned that out to my benefit, waiting 5 plus years as we were told we would close, then we wouldn't. First group of transferrees wasn't even open to trades and I watched some of my family move to other areas. Then sat in a meeting and was told all trades would transfer only to be told my trade wouldn't transfer. Some of us want to work and ensure our families stability. I'll work hard in whatever job I'm given - I was proud of my trade and did a knock down job! Things change. For anyone that has had a plant close, it stinks and there isn't much info until you actually get your transfer papers. Some of what you hear here is only bitterness and envy, some is correct. Take the info for what it is worth and make decisions that are best for your family. Not alot makes sense. I'll work side by side with any UAW brother or sister and wish the best for ya. This bed I did not make for myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :finger:

I commend you for the choices you made.Its a big decision to sign off from the trades. I'm sorry if I pissed in your post toastee's.All I'm saying when you sign off you must understand the hierarchy to return to trades. this wasn't mean't for you personally,and for that I am sorry. :shades:

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have any new news about the St. Louis people. I'm wondering if the plans have changed now that the truck plant may lose a shift. Are all of the pending transfers still on or have they been postponed

Seems they been put on hold again S-I-L was posed ta go there next week but it,s been out off till???

• 2 weeks later...