2010 Ford Edge

AM2

holy smokes - bring it on ;)

That does look good - and would look great next to the Fiesta, 2010 Taurus, and the Kuga/Escape.

AM2 - do one more thing: replace the 3bar grille with something with more airflow - like the new Taurus - less chrome, more mesh - but still 3 lines ...

I think that will look even better.

Igor

Edited by igor

holy smokes - bring it on ;)

That does look good - and would look great next to the Fiesta, 2010 Taurus, and the Kuga/Escape.

AM2 - do one more thing: replace the 3bar grille with something with more airflow - like the new Taurus - less chrome, more mesh - but still 3 lines ...

I think that will look even better.

Igor

Something like this?

2010fordedgeversion2copmr5.jpg

Edited by AM2

Something like this?

I really do like the thin bars better than the Gillette Fusion razor look. It's time for that to go.

This is what Ford needs... Not the Huyndai Taurus...

mondeo.jpg

If you can look past the big corral of chrome, the thin bars looks classy and refined.

Ford_Explorer_Fuel-Cell-Prototype_01.jpg

Thin bars looked good back in the day too!

tbird1972sunroofwhite.jpg

Edited by Watchdevil

I really do like the thin bars better than the Gillette Fusion razor look. It's time for that to go.

This is what Ford needs... Not the Huyndai Taurus...

mondeo.jpg

If you can look past the big corral of chrome, the three thin bars looks classy and refined.

Ford needs to use thin bars.....

....you mean just like the '10 Hyundai Taurus?

Ford needs to use thin bars.....

....you mean just like the '10 Hyundai Taurus?

Well I can say one thing, you can't mistake a Mustang for a Hyundai or any other goodamn other make of car on the road... There is no reason every Ford should not be this way...

The thin bars in the 2010 Hyundai Taurus isn't the problem. I am glad to see Dave go. It's the relative shapes surrounding the nose that resemble the Sonata.. Headlamp and grille opening shapes resembles the Sonata to the point I thought it was one when I first saw it . It is not done like the Iosis nor Mondeo and that makes a big difference. Also, the 2010 Taurus looks like what it is... a reskinned 08 Taurus still showing evidence of the old Passat-styled roofline and greenhouse. I can see some kinetic-ness of the bodysides but without the Iosis style sleek roofline and tail-up appearance. Other than that it is a reskin as pathetic as the one done for the Focus.

Anyway, it would have been the perfect opportunity for the 2010 Taurus to showcase the beautiful Iosis front fender forms which are also relative to the MKR concept as a consistant design DNA.

When see the nose of the Iosis, I see it as a design evolution of the nose of my old Tbird as well as an updated edgier evolution of the old Mach III showcar design.

89bird1.jpg

93ford_mustang_mach3.jpg

Bond_Mondeo_4_HR.jpg

Edited by Watchdevil

Well I can say one thing, you can't mistake a Mustang for a Hyundai or any other goodamn other make of car on the road... There is no reason every Ford should not be this way...

The thin bars in the 2010 Hyundai Taurus isn't the problem. I am glad to see Dave go. It's the relative shapes surrounding the nose that resemble the Sonata.. Headlamp and grille opening shapes resembles the Sonata to the point I thought it was one when I first saw it . It is not done like the Iosis nor Mondeo and that makes a big difference. Also, the 2010 Taurus looks like what it is... a reskinned 08 Taurus still showing evidence of the old Passat-styled roofline and greenhouse. I can see some kinetic-ness of the bodysides but without the Iosis style sleek roofline and tail-up appearance. Other than that it is a reskin as pathetic as the one done for the Focus.

Anyway, it would have been the perfect opportunity for the 2010 Taurus to showcase the beautiful Iosis front fender forms which are also relative to the MKR concept as a consistant design DNA.

When see the nose of the Iosis, I see it as a design evolution of the nose of my old Tbird as well as an updated edgier evolution of the old Mach III showcar design.

I think it has been too long since you've seen the '10 Taurus photo.

The grille and headlights are very much kinetic, and the lower grille opening is lifted almost verbatim from the Fiesta and Mondeo. The side sculpting on the Taurus VERY much resembles that on the Edge, Mondeo, and Iosis. The roofline, in particular, the A- and C-pillars look absolutely nothing like the current Taurus. From the angle of the photo, it doesn't resemble a VW or Audi in any sense in my opinion.

So it's not an uber-bold, in-your-face design. So what? Who in that segment WANTS uber-bold, in-your-face design? The most popular FWD fullsize sedans on the market are anything but exciting -- Impala, Avalon, Lucerne. Oh yeah. Those are just spilling with hot, unique design.

I think it has been too long since you've seen the '10 Taurus photo.

So it's not an uber-bold, in-your-face design. So what? Who in that segment WANTS uber-bold, in-your-face design? The most popular FWD fullsize sedans on the market are anything but exciting -- Impala, Avalon, Lucerne. Oh yeah. Those are just spilling with hot, unique design.

Keep on drinking your BON KoolAid....

While Ford doesn't need to resort to ugly, misguided brash in your face design, there still isn't any excuse for Ford to resort to slapping a bue oval on a lookalike appliance design. It's an opportunity to step up be unique and stand out in a beautiful way that will attract customers emotionally. Quite frankly there needs to be more of a reason to select a Ford over any other brand and hidden virtues of safety and quality are not apparent if you see a blue oval on something that looks virtually the same as the competition you are trying to sway buyers from.

As far as the Impala, Avalon and Lucerne... They are nothing special at all except if you look at the demographic buying them they are all aged people replacing their old Caprices, Oldsmobiles, Buicks, Crown Vics and Grand Marquis that they all thought they wouldn't outlive.

Edited by Watchdevil

A little Kinetic Design to freshen up the Edge's looks and help it blend with the upcoming global Ford models...

2010fordedgecopyrs2.jpg

I like it! Looks great. It would mix with other new Ford products very well. Great work!

Something like this?

I like this one as well. As Igor mentioned, this design would allow more air to flow to the engine. While I do think it looks good, I think it's borderline getting away from part of what's making the Edge popular: it's uniqueness. That said, great work again!

Keep on drinking your BON KoolAid....

While Ford doesn't need to resort to ugly, misguided brash in your face design, there still isn't any excuse for Ford to resort to slapping a bue oval on a lookalike appliance design. It's an opportunity to step up be unique and stand out in a beautiful way that will attract customers emotionally. Quite frankly there needs to be more of a reason to select a Ford over any other brand and hidden virtues of safety and quality are not apparent if you see a blue oval on something that looks virtually the same as the competition you are trying to sway buyers from.

As far as the Impala, Avalon and Lucerne... They are nothing special at all except if you look at the demographic buying them they are all aged people replacing their old Caprices, Oldsmobiles, Buicks, Crown Vics and Grand Marquis that they all thought they wouldn't outlive.

Yeah. It must be the KoolAid. :rolleyes:

Give it a rest. I think it's a conservatively styled, attractive vehicle. If that means it looks a bit dull in your eyes, so be it. I really don't care. But making comparisons to vehicles that it obviously bares little resemblence to makes you look silly.

And for saying the Impala, Avalon, and Lucerne are some sort of "failure" because they sell to an older demographic is downright laughable. No matter how much styling you gave to a FWD Taurus, it's not going to bring in droves of young drivers. Besides, it's not like the 50+ demographic is going to be getting any smaller in the coming years. Why wouldn't you want something that appeals to them?

• 2 weeks later...