Ford Motor Company: April 2008 Sales Figures

igor

And guess where the money is...:hysterical:

I'd guess that 100% of the money comes from 100% of the sales! Even you can figure that out! :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Can we ree-name Ford "Titanic" yet"...or is it too early?

You can "ree-name" anytime you want, it's not like we care.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I just wonder what the police will do when the Panthers go away? I've seen cops do stuff to their CV's that would destroy a FWD unibody, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Many police departments are switching to Chargers. I've been told that the Broward Sherriff's Office (very large local police department) is switching to ALL Chargers over the next few years, and I'm beginning to see them on the roads as cop cars. I am also beginning to see Charger taxi cabs.

Honestly, I think if you could get a 3 series for the price of a Camry they'd outsell them.

Hmmm.......Toyota < BMW for equal prices? Are you kidding me? I'd take the Toyota any day!!

What kind of analogy or whatever you'd like to call it is that? Anybody would take a BMW over a Toyota.

Many police departments are switching to Chargers. I've been told that the Broward Sherriff's Office (very large local police department) is switching to ALL Chargers over the next few years, and I'm beginning to see them on the roads as cop cars. I am also beginning to see Charger taxi cabs.

Just wait til Ford gets dumb enough to can the Panthers, then you really be seeing Chargers everywhere.

A lot of departments believe the CVPI production a set in stone expiration date and Ford isn't exactly refuting it. So, yes they are "trying others". Since they've already tried WImpalas and found quickly that they are the embodiment of "FAIL", that leaves the Charger.

What would not suprise me also if/when Ford is dumb enough to can the Panthers, if Chrysler doesn't enhance the warranty on the Chargers (for fleets) to lock up those commercial fleet sales Ford is giftwrapping for them.

A lot of departments believe the CVPI production a set in stone expiration date and Ford isn't exactly refuting it. So, yes they are "trying others". Since they've already tried WImpalas and found quickly that they are the embodiment of "FAIL", that leaves the Charger.

Strangely enough, EVERY cop car I've seen in Baltimore (City) has been an Impala.

++

Most Police forces use the Focus & Volvo's in Europe. Why don't they in the States both US and European police do the same jobs why do you need big gas guzzlers to do the same sort of work? Why don't Ford use this fact to sell more cars to the Police or are they just not bothered these days.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RGY1uWDGokw&...feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jv5qVsgBY5Q&...feature=related

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Most Police forces use the Focus & Volvo's in Europe. Why don't they in the States both US and European police do the same jobs why do you need big gas guzzlers to do the same sort of work? Why don't Ford use this fact to sell more cars to the Police or are they just not bothered these days.

Police departments have prerequisites for purchasing police vehicles, the Crown Victoria

serves a market need. When that need changes then maybe other vehicles are considered.

Most police vehicles you think of are crusiers that travel about between 40 and 65 mph,

at that speed an O/D 4.6 V8 will give 28-30 mpg and not really the gas guzzler you make out.

Remember, petrol isn't taxed to the hilt in the US so not as expensive as England, it's still only about 50p/litre

so the cost of catching bad guys versus Europe is about the same or less.

Do yor Foci have bullet proof doors?

I see that ratbag Ken Livingstone lost his election,

Edited by jpd80

Police departments have prerequisites for purchasing police vehicles, the Crown Victoria

serves a market need. When that need changes then maybe other vehicles are considered.

Most police vehicles you think of are crusiers that travel about between 40 and 65 mph,

at that speed an O/D 4.6 V8 will give 28-30 mpg and not really the gas guzzler you make out.

Remember, petrol isn't taxed to the hilt in the US so not as expensive as England, it's still only about 50p/litre

i don't think the CV gets 28-30 mpg with the 4.6 V8. I think its between 20-25.

Yes it's great to see Red Ken going, Boris his replacement said he will scrap th $51 a day congestion charge and keep the $16 a charge to drive in London he is very funny and has a sense of humour.

boris-johnson-yawn_667484n.jpg

He does not have a bullet proof limo or vest but rides a bike.

boris-johnson-bike_667500n.jpg

His pet hate is not dodging bullets but comments he get from member of the Public that make him loose his concentration when cycling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emPJE8q8Gtk

He used a host comedy shows in the UK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i772AZh4Eks...feature=related

No, many PDs are switching BACK to the CV. They tried a few Chargers, realized they were crap, and switched back.

I don't know...what does Toyota have to do with Ford...other than killing Ford in sales every month?

were you not the one that stated Truck sales are dwindling and that is where the money is? Thus me questioning toyota building TWO additional Tundra plants....now do i need to hold your hand and explain the scenario?

were you not the one that stated Truck sales are dwindling and that is where the money is? Thus me questioning toyota building TWO additional Tundra plants....now do i need to hold your hand and explain the scenario?

Toyota can do it...they actually make money.

Not to mention that Toyota plans for the long term. Ford is so short sighted they can see past the tape holding the bridge of their glasses together.

Not to mention that Toyota plans for the long term. Ford is so short sighted they can see past the tape holding the bridge of their glasses together.

calling you out there....Toyota is investing in a truck market currently dwindling due to gas prices...the recreational Truck buyer is non existent currently...Ford short-sighted? seems you may have missed their "ahead of the curve" powertrain thinking ( eco-boost) with potential demise of the V8, the diesel 4.4 ,their development of B and C car platforms, pursuit of hybrid technology etc etc...I would say the shortsighted people are those complaining about the time it is taking to bring the technology to the table.......course they could do half assed sfforts like Chevy's "hybrid" Tahoe.......

If they keep making boneheaded moves like having 2 factories making full-sized trucks in a declining market, are are going to start losing money.

And you can prove this how?

And...yet...they're still actually making money. A concept that is foreign to Ford...no pun intended.

Ford have moved from a 12.7 billion loss to a small profit, whilst Toyota are dropping in billions, profits are down by one third and Toyota lost one fifth of its sales in Europe last month you can see the way things are heading. Ford's only problem it needs to address poor fuel efficiency with oil at $124 at the moment, subprime housing problem is now also hitting Europe and car sales are falling even though most cars are small ecobox's.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/24510436

Toyota Sales -18.1% in Europe.

http://www.jato.com/Documents/PRESS%20RELE...015.04.2008.pdf

Toyota Profits down -28%

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080508/ap_on_...ns_japan_toyota

Why don't you go and take a long run off a short pier.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds