Question for OHAP (Avon Lake Plant)

gary112

Hey Furious how did you hear that we are going to one shift in the Fall?

Let's call it a good hunch, Nick had to push for us to run the way we are with an adverse mix to avoid 1 shift. Now this happened while gas was $3.00 a gallon, and our orders began to slide. Now this caused one 1 down week already this year, and 2 more are scheduled so far.

Since this time gas has gone to as high as $4.05 and the speculators are saying it will hit $4.50 by our peak driving season. With orders falling off as a direct result of the price of fuel, and no sign of the price falling off. Also keeping in mind that Nick had to push to keep both shifts running, common sense tells me that we are going to see 1 shift if the price of fuel continues to rise.

Not only that since Alan Mulally has taken over as CEO, he has repeated the theory of reducing capacity to match the demand for our products. I don't see a miracle happening, and the price of gas hitting $1.30 any time soon. Oh yeah, and a birdie confirmed that the consideration is being made.

Ford has a few options, but if you want to help follow the Links in the signature portion of my post to the House and the Senate. Then send a threatening E-Mail to your congressman/woman, and Senator. Tell them you are mad as hell over the price of gas, and will vote them out of office if they do nothing. If you do, don't identify yourself as an autoworker.

AssumethePosition.jpg

Hey, Irish Dad...............scroll down!

bart.gif

Edited by Furious1Auto

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you can stay at avon if you choose. your there permanently until ford offers you to go back to bk.

lets not forget the ones in lorain who stayed there when ford brought achers from sandusky 3 years ago. you never know it may happen again because sandusky is closing and the ford people have to get out so ford may move them to bk when the 400 jobs open up. it can happen as it already has in 04.

the 184 came to bk for the same reason you went to avon they were forced and so what if 160 are still here its all legal contracyual so stop bitching you cant change it!!!!!!! :finger:

You are wrong!!! 184 people wer NOT forced to BP. Get your facts straight.

Let's call it a good hunch, Nick had to push for us to run the way we are with an adverse mix to avoid 1 shift. Now this happened while gas was $3.00 a gallon, and our orders began to slide. Now this caused one 1 down week already this year, and 2 more are scheduled so far.

Since this time gas has gone to as high as $4.05 and the speculators are saying it will hit $4.50 by our peak driving season. With orders falling off as a direct result of the price of fuel, and no sign of the price falling off. Also keeping in mind that Nick had to push to keep both shifts running, common sense tells me that we are going to see 1 shift if the price of fuel continues to rise.

Not only that since Alan Mulally has taken over as CEO, he has repeated the theory of reducing capacity to match the demand for our products. I don't see a miracle happening, and the price of gas hitting $1.30 any time soon. Oh yeah, and a birdie confirmed that the consideration is being made.

Ford has a few options, but if you want to help follow the Links in the signature portion of my post to the House and the Senate. Then send a threatening E-Mail to your congressman/woman, and Senator. Tell them you are mad as hell over the price of gas, and will vote them out of office if they do nothing. If you do, don't identify yourself as an autoworker.

AssumethePosition.jpg

Hey, Irish Dad...............scroll down!

bart.gif

I think I may owe you an apology. It appears as if I may have mislead you into thinking there was something between us that can never be. I am flattered by your offer, but I just don't swing that way. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I am sure that you are a wonderful person and would make someone really happy but there can never be anything between us. I am straight. I need to make that clear because considering your offer it appears as if you hope that I am not. Not that there is anything wrong with that I understand the difficulties people who choose your lifestyle face. I had a gay cousin, but I am not the one you can turn to for solace. Good bye and please don't take this as a rejection of you as a person, think of it as you rejecting me. It will be easier that way.

You are wrong!!! 184 people wer NOT forced to BP. Get your facts straight.

We were laidoff!! I was one of them i was told to report to BK on june 4th 2001 or quit so DONT TELL ME WE were not FORCED!!!!

It was in zone you CANNOT turn it down!!!!!!!

So get your facts straight!!!!!!!!!! Peace out!!!!!!!!

We were laidoff!! I was one of them i was told to report to BK on june 4th 2001 or quit so DONT TELL ME WE were not FORCED!!!!

It was in zone you CANNOT turn it down!!!!!!!

So get your facts straight!!!!!!!!!! Peace out!!!!!!!!

Do you even still work at Ford? And you were laid off from where?

I don't even understand why you guys are coming! With the cost of fuel rising, our orders are dropping. By fall we will end up knocking off a shift, and even the people we have currently will be in JSP. So you guys will transfer here, just to get laid off and report to our JSP instead of Brookpark's JSP WTF! Same pay, only you will pay more in gas and travel time to receive it!

Furiour1Auto, I must say I have been reading everything you have been writing and you know what if you were in Brookpark you would be coming too! You talk about whining???? You are the biggest one I have seen yet. You complain about everything. My whole family retired from Ford and some had to move around alot. You should quit downing everyone else be thankful you are not raising a family on a 7 or 8 dollar an hour job....get in the real world buddy most people are now a days. One week you talk about Donovan's the next it is about Nick...well so what Donovans are family and that is what families do protect eachother...maybe you are not a family man...you call them your union brothers and sisters...give me a break....do you know how stupid you actually sound?? It was a campaign. You show me a clean one and I will take you to the moon. Maybe in your fantasy world it might exist but not in the real world. Do you even realize that the public can access this site and see all the BS that is coming out of your mouth. Be thankful you have a job. You complain about smear tactics but yet somehow you are always right in the middle of them. You talk about hitting someone with a pipe what does that make you a man? Is anyone suppose to respect you for that? If your job is so bad...give it to someone who would be greatful to have the pay and benefits you have and quit your complaining ...it is really getting old.

I think I may owe you an apology. It appears as if I may have mislead you into thinking there was something between us that can never be. I am flattered by your offer, but I just don't swing that way. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I am sure that you are a wonderful person and would make someone really happy but there can never be anything between us. I am straight. I need to make that clear because considering your offer it appears as if you hope that I am not. Not that there is anything wrong with that I understand the difficulties people who choose your lifestyle face. I had a gay cousin, but I am not the one you can turn to for solace. Good bye and please don't take this as a rejection of you as a person, think of it as you rejecting me. It will be easier that way.

Now that theres funny, I don't care who you are!! :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

LarrytheCableGuy2.jpg

Furiour1Auto, I must say I have been reading everything you have been writing and you know what if you were in Brookpark you would be coming too!

I understand that, I found out today that 10 were voluntary and the other 30 were forced by low seniority. My statement was more of a question, "why would Ford make a move like that?" BTW the woman I was talking to from Brookpark is very nice, and worked with us in Lorain for 3 years before the consolidation.

You talk about whining???? You are the biggest one I have seen yet. You complain about everything.

I guess I should enjoy the price of fuel? I offered a solution, or at least the best option we have.

Address it with people that have more power then we do!

My whole family retired from Ford and some had to move around alot. You should quit downing everyone else be thankful you are not raising a family on a 7 or 8 dollar an hour job....get in the real world buddy most people are now a days.

Oh you had it ruff, I came from nothing. I lived in a house that did not even have a phone for nearly 10 years, because we could not afford one. My Step dad was a truck driver, and we (My family, and I) survived the last national truckers strike in the early 80's. While he was caught in El Paso, TX for a month, and we ate bean soup every day for a month because we had no money.

I have done my time in poor living conditions, and I pulled myself out of it. Not only that I made between $15.00 to $20.00 an hour depending on what equipment I ran from day to day working for an excavating company before coming to Ford. I learned and pushed myself to that point.

One week you talk about Donovan's the next it is about Nick...well so what Donovans are family and that is what families do protect eachother...maybe you are not a family man...you call them your union brothers and sisters...give me a break....

Do you even know what you are talking about. It's not even worth my time to break it down, had you been reading as you claim you would know without me having too. Also I have been with the same woman for 16 years, and married to her for nearly 11. We have three children together, and I have cared for all of them since birth.

do you know how stupid you actually sound??

Likewise!

It was a campaign. You show me a clean one and I will take you to the moon. Maybe in your fantasy world it might exist but not in the real world. Do you even realize that the public can access this site and see all the BS that is coming out of your mouth.

The election is over! I have said nothing negative about any of the elected officials since the race was over, in fact to the contrary.

I had my favorite candidates, but does it even matter now? If we are going to make it through this rough patch, then it is better we stand together. I don't even understand why you are attacking me now. Had you had something snide to say it should have been during the coarse of the events you have mentioned. I can defend my positions, but if you have something to add and I am in error I will change my position. To continue to make assertions when I see I am in error would make me an a-shole.

You talk about hitting someone with a pipe what does that make you a man? Is anyone suppose to respect you for that?

Never asked for your approval! It is something that happened in the fit of rage, and only because I saw my family falling apart. Also I mentioned it to defend brother Gonzalez, because jealousy is a beast and no one is beyond emotion. Do you know the difference between a sane man, and a crazy man? Here I'll tell you, time and pressure. You can take any good man, and if you apply enough pressure over a long enough period of time he will snap.

Oh yeah I did give him the benefit of a warning phone call well in advance, he laughed it off and thought I was joking. Even that is over with, my wife and I will be going to his daughter's graduation party next month. He was a good friend of bothers while I was growing up. That's why I choose a piece of plastic pipe, and not a baseball bat. I wanted to hurt him, not kill him.

What did I do from that point? I took my time to work my way out of a bad situation, and I kept my family together. That's all I ever wanted in the first place, I just had to atone for my previous mistakes and have a willingness to change what I was doing to cause the turmoil. Hell I was 23 years old at the time, and saw everything I had sacrificed for being torn apart. I don't really care if you understand or not, it didn't involve you.

If your job is so bad...give it to someone who would be greatful to have the pay and benefits you have and quit your complaining ...it is really getting old.

Haven't complained in some time.

My job pays well, and I show my appreciation to Ford everyday by showing up to work on time and caring about our quality.

Now do you feel better that you said your piece? If so we can move on, BTW welcome to BOF. :P

Edited by Furious1Auto

We are coming there because we have to not because we want to. CEP #1 will be launchng later this year and we will come back to BP. Our jobs at Avon are temporary unlike over 200 Avon people who bolted to Brookpark in 2001.

And it's because of those 200 from Avon that came to Brookpark is why we are in Avon. If they wouldn't have came to Brookpark we would have never been sent to Lorain a few years ago or to Avon now. Like everyone else in Brookpark. They should have been put into the Casting Plant first, not some sit down job on the Jag line. Then they would have bolted back to Avon.

And it's because of those 200 from Avon that came to Brookpark is why we are in Avon. If they wouldn't have came to Brookpark we would have never been sent to Lorain a few years ago or to Avon now. Like everyone else in Brookpark. They should have been put into the Casting Plant first, not some sit down job on the Jag line. Then they would have bolted back to Avon.

After 7 years y u all still hatin!!!!!!!!!

Stop bitchin because you cant change nothing

Peace out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by CSMJ

Not unless you were borrowed, it should be at least 6 months before you can return. Does bk stand for brookpark? :stirpot:

They called back 15 from layoff starting this monday.

Rumor going around is they got a big order for 3.0 V6 motors and plant 2 might have to add the 3rd shift back.

I thought all along they just cut it to get people to take the buyouts anyway!!!

Edited by CSMJ

CSMJ You still have refused to answer my question. Do you still work at Ford? Where?

gary112,

He no longer works, just look at the post's this is this person's Job start rumor's, some TRUE , But mostly FALSE or FAR Stretched.... He must be a Inside STRBA Backer or former one .. :hyper:

gary112,

He no longer works, just look at the post's this is this person's Job start rumor's, some TRUE , But mostly FALSE or FAR Stretched.... He must be a Inside STRBA Backer or former one .. :hyper:

This is an employee forum. If he does not work for Ford anymore, he is not an employee. Therefore, he should stop the bullshit and find another website like shitstarters .com

This is an employee forum. If he does not work for Ford anymore, he is not an employee. Therefore, he should stop the bullshit and find another website like shitstarters .com

Just for sh-ts, and giggles I queried it and there is a sight by that name.

Shittalker's.com LINK!

Sh-tstarter's.com was an expired domain, and is available to create a new forum. :hysterical:

Edited by Furious1Auto

CSMJ works at the Cleveland casting plant. He was a transfer from Avon. And you are right he is full of nothing but rumors and bullshit :finger::finger: He likes to think he has an inside track. WE would like him to have a fast track back to Avon :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Don't you threaten us! :shades:

I would not wish CSMJ on my worst enemy. We have enough to worry about without him starting his BS rumors that he gets from his "INSIDE" union buddies :hysterical::hysterical: Maybe we can send him to Lima!! :happy feet: :happy feet: They already hate us.