Why Ford is only building 25K Hybrid Escapes and Mariners

silvrsvt

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest limitation is not batteries.

It's two things: Limited availability of transmissions, and avoiding loss.

While Ford has specified the design it's from the Aisin hybrid transmission line and Toyota is first at the trough.

Second, cost of batteries and transmisions exceeds the $3000 incremental cost they charge for the Hybrid option.

Too bad the traditional Ford infighting kept them from in-housing the Power-Split transaxle..

Batteries and warranty were originally very expensive but with total industry volume and Toyota's experience with original Prius batteries still having enough power and energy at 10 years in service means the warranty cost provision should go down.

If they scowl at people in V6 cars, I wonder what they must think when I blow past them in my Cobra? I hope it pisses them off.

I always give them dirty looks when I'm in my old Ford's!

FUCK THESE PRETENIOUS EFFETE SNOBS AND THEIR TOYOTA PRISS CARS!

And lets not forget... These people vote for the same bunch of Democrats that the UAW supports day in and day out. FUCKIN' SELLOUTS!

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

I always give them dirty looks when I'm in my old Ford's!

FUCK THESE PRETENIOUS EFFETE SNOBS AND THEIR TOYOTA PRISS CARS!

And lets not forget... These people vote for the same bunch of Democrats that the UAW supports day in and day out. FUCKIN' SELLOUTS!

Oh wake up already. There's only 1 party in DC and that is "the party of money". All of this liberal / conservative and republican vs democrat nonsense is just a distraction to create puppets out of us and keep us from focusing on the real goings on in Washington. That being that they take our money and give it their rich friends regardless of whether they have a (D) or an ® after their name on the TV. We need to quit hating on our fellow countrymen based on some silly political ideology because I promise you that's exactly what the powers that be in DC want, to keep us divided and distracted while they rob us blind.