FLEX IS HERE

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely not your Ex-wives minivan.

And the dealers must be chortling over the markup on tinting all that glass, I think I might pick up some 3M stock.

Simple, big, people mover.

The Fairlane lives!

Thats why I couldn't post the window sticker picture - no mode on my camera could go through the tint!

LMAO

Remember when this came out?

800px-2007-Chrysler-Sebring-sedan.jpg

And all a bunch of you guys could do was joke about how the lines in the hood made the car look like a piece of tupperware? I remember that distinctly, because it was true, and damned funny.

At any rate, I better see some of those tupperware comments posted about this, . . .

FooseFlex_01_HR_(544x408).jpg

or I'm calling you hypocrites out.

This thing is still just doggon ugly to me. Ford has some great stuff, but this Flex isn't one of them and quite frankly that interior is just completely uninspired. It looks like they used an erector set to lay it out.

PS, sorry had to get my images straightened out, it was giving me errors.

Edited by BlackHorse

LMAO

And all a bunch of you guys could do was joke about how the lines in the hood made the car look like a piece of tupperware? I remember that distinctly, because it was true, and damned funny.

At any rate, I better see some of those tupperware comments posted about this, . . .

This thing is still just doggon ugly to me. Ford has some great stuff, but this Flex isn't one of them and quite frankly that interior is just completely uninspired. It looks like they used an erector set to lay it out.

I won't disagree with you that people who buy the Sebring have poor taste. I also won't agree with you that people who buy the Flex have poor taste.

Except, the difference is that I think there are more people with poor taste who will buy the Flex than the Sebring. The Sebring looks like a pig with art deco earrings. The Flex looks like a blown up gen 1 Scion with a touch of Mini Cooper. The cynic in me says there are people who will like it ... and at the end of the day, as long as Ford is making money and the Flex isn't in MY driveway, I'll stay a happy camper.

Edited by SVT_MAN

LMAO

At least the Flex's grooves go along with it's design. They follow the horizontal theme of the Flex. Chrysler's hood grooves are being stuck on almost every vehicle it seems today, just to put them there, without any real connection to the actual design.

At least the Flex's grooves go along with it's design. They follow the horizontal theme of the Flex. Chrysler's hood grooves are being stuck on almost every vehicle it seems today, just to put them there, without any real connection to the actual design.

So, grooves slapped on a Chrysler are bad, but grooves slapped on a Ford is good???

So, grooves slapped on a Chrysler are bad, but grooves slapped on a Ford is good???

Grooves 'slapped on' a Ford are bad.

Grooves that actually look like they belong there are good.

For instance, the strakes on the Crossfire really aren't that bad. On everything else, they just look silly.

I did not say that. Richard said it better:

Grooves 'slapped on' a Ford are bad.

Grooves that actually look like they belong there are good.

For instance, the strakes on the Crossfire really aren't that bad. On everything else, they just look silly.

I agree, the grooves, or ridges on the Crossfire didn't look bad at all, IMO, but Chrysler doesn't have to put them on everything.

Anyways, back to Flex....I think it looks good. The color probably looks better in person. I know the Edge doesn't look too bad in that color. It's a little light for my taste, though I think.

The interior looks great though. Glad to see they have matching chrome trim on all air vents.

The door panels do look good as BORG said. I don't like the stupid 45-degree turn stalk though.

I don't like the stupid 45-degree turn stalk though.

I wonder if Ford and GM use the same supplier for the stalk lately. I drove my grandparent's Buick Lucerne the other day and I liked it pretty well except for that darn 45 degree stalk.

BTW: My grandpa hates the Lucerne and wants his old Park Avenue back. His old, "unrefined" 3.8L got 28 mpg whereas his new Lucerne with its "advanced" OHC engine is lucky to break 22.

Hmmm grooves on the hood, and grooves on the door panel. Not quite the same thing. In other words if grooves find themselves anywhere else and are well incorporated with the rest of the design, it deserves to be placed in direct correlation with Chrysler monstrosities? I don't think so.

The grooves in the Flex were not designed as some sort of gimmicky 'Ford' signature design, they actually add visual flair to what otherwise would be a long slab sided flank of flat sheetmetal.

In essence, give me a break.

What does that have to do with a Park Avenue?

It's more to do with your post. Sometimes old reliable and efficient isn't as good as new, reliable and more efficient

(BTW, you do know that the Taurus is better than the Crown Vic at all those details I mentioned, right?)

Edited by RichardJensen