FLEX IS HERE

It's more to do with your post. Sometimes old reliable and efficient isn't as good as new, reliable and more efficient

(BTW, you do know that the Taurus is better than the Crown Vic at all those details I mentioned, right?)

Sometimes new and reliable means more solid and heavier and more powerful. I this case new mean thirstier.

But if you keep the HP down. New would mean more efficient.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes new and reliable means more solid and heavier and more powerful. I this case new mean thirstier.

But if you keep the HP down. New would mean more efficient.

Taurus gets better gas mileage than the CV and the old Taurus.

Flex gets better gas mileage than the Explorer & Expedition (but can't tow as much) with roughly similar interior accommodations.

So........

Hmmm grooves on the hood, and grooves on the door panel. Not quite the same thing. In other words if grooves find themselves anywhere else and are well incorporated with the rest of the design, it deserves to be placed in direct correlation with Chrysler monstrosities? I don't think so.

The grooves in the Flex were not designed as some sort of gimmicky 'Ford' signature design, they actually add visual flair to what otherwise would be a long slab sided flank of flat sheetmetal.

In essence, give me a break.

After reading the above, may I suggest the following for your light reading enjoyment?

:headspin::runaway:

woreilly.jpg

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

The grooves in the Flex were not designed as some sort of gimmicky 'Ford' signature design.....

Ohhhhhhhh, I get it now! You mean like this! :lol:

ford2008.png

ag_08taurus_grille.jpg

chrome-grille.jpg

And to a lesser degree...

ag_08focus_grille.jpg

Thank GOD for :

2008_Ford_Mustang_GT_front.jpg

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

It's more to do with your post. Sometimes old reliable and efficient isn't as good as new, reliable and more efficient

(BTW, you do know that the Taurus is better than the Crown Vic at all those details I mentioned, right?)

Hey! I want my old, black and white TV back with the vacuum tubes that you had to go up and test and then buy new ones every few months. Those were the days. Drive your 1959 Country Sedan Ford station wagon up to drugstore and test those babies out.

Hey! I want my old, black and white TV back with the vacuum tubes that you had to go up and test and then buy new ones every few months. Those were the days. Drive your 1959 Country Sedan Ford station wagon up to drugstore and test those babies out.

1959_Ford_Country_Sedan_2.jpg

Hey, hey, now! Don't dis vacuum tubes! They've still got their place in this world!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_tube

"However, tubes are still used in specialized applications: for engineering reasons, as in high-power radio frequency transmitters; or for their aesthetic appeal, as in audio amplification."

Vacuum tube CD player: http://www.amazon.com/Jolida-JD100A-Vacuum...r/dp/B0002KO9O6

Why vacuum tube amps are better: http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/archive/1640

-Ovaltine

1959_Ford_Country_Sedan_2.jpg

Hey, hey, now! Don't dis vacuum tubes! They've still got their place in this world!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_tube

"However, tubes are still used in specialized applications: for engineering reasons, as in high-power radio frequency transmitters; or for their aesthetic appeal, as in audio amplification."

Vacuum tube CD player: http://www.amazon.com/Jolida-JD100A-Vacuum...r/dp/B0002KO9O6

Why vacuum tube amps are better: http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/archive/1640

-Ovaltine

Thanks for the pic and info on vacuum tubes. I was 11 years old when my Dad bought a new '59 Ford Station Wagon. He custom ordered it and all of us went to North Brothers Ford to pick it up. The third seat faced backwards and it had two tone paint....brown and white. Our next Ford was a 1962 Ford Galaxie 500 with 390 engine and emblems and I inherited it later in college and drove it a couple years. I loved opening up the four barrell carb. It had 300hp, but it was heavy car and not particularly quick.

I recognize the people who cling stubbornly to the past. I once drove a used Taurus and evangalized the status quo, and then I suddenly started making money and began buying new cars and saw the light.

The Panther cars are WAY outclassed by the D3 cars in every measurable dimension. The Panther's duarability is more myth than fact. The only thing going for the panther are rebates and low resalve value for the fiscally challenged consumer. Panther fans are in love with their cas because it's the best they can afford and want to convince themselves that there is nothing better by bashig EVERY other Ford product on the lot. Good luck with that fellas, time to get out in the real world!

Edited by BORG

LMAO

800px-2007-Chrysler-Sebring-sedan.jpg

FooseFlex_01_HR_(544x408).jpg

The grooves look good on the Crossfire and give it a distinctive touch. It doesn't work on the Sebring or the Flex IMHO. To me the application just looks cheesy on both.

That said, the Flex is a good answer to the other boxes on wheels out there. This should sell in decent numbers. Just not my cup of tea.

I still can't stand the look, but as I said before, people usually like what hate....

I still think the "Box on Wheels" look is a fad, I just hope ( for the flex's sake ) that the high gas prices don't shift the fad tword autos that look more aerodynamic...

LMAO

Remember when this came out?

800px-2007-Chrysler-Sebring-sedan.jpg

And all a bunch of you guys could do was joke about how the lines in the hood made the car look like a piece of tupperware? I remember that distinctly, because it was true, and damned funny.

At any rate, I better see some of those tupperware comments posted about this, . . .

FooseFlex_01_HR_(544x408).jpg

or I'm calling you hypocrites out.

This thing is still just doggon ugly to me. Ford has some great stuff, but this Flex isn't one of them and quite frankly that interior is just completely uninspired. It looks like they used an erector set to lay it out.

PS, sorry had to get my images straightened out, it was giving me errors.

To be honest, the Sebring is ugly, but it has nothing to do with the lines on the hood.

As for the Flex, I never realized it until now, but the lines on the doors serve to break up what would otherwise be a giant slab of flat metal.

And I maintain this, guys. If I need to haul around 6 people, give me a dark blue, silver-roofed, 20" rimmed EcoBoosted Flex ANY day of the week over a minivan or crossover.

Show me any vehicle cooler than the one I just described to haul 6 people. With the possible exception of this:

522696303_896666c729.jpg

I agree, that interior looks horrible in comparison to the NA Focus.

I agree with you about the design, but unless the C1 focus's refresh has made things worse (or my memory is failing me) it uses nicer materials than the NA focus.

Ohhhhhhhh, I get it now! You mean like this! :lol:

ford2008.png

ag_08taurus_grille.jpg

chrome-grille.jpg

And to a lesser degree...

ag_08focus_grille.jpg

Thank GOD for :

2008_Ford_Mustang_GT_front.jpg

-Ovaltine

For something so gimmicky it sure moves quite a few vehicles.

I guess the flip side to all of that is try Hyundai's approach, rip off every design element known to man and end up a design language that has yet to be uncovered. I mean the company can't do anything on its own, even interior design. The new Kia Borrego, for example, has an interior that appears as if it was some sort of VWAG reject (see Touraeg).

The fact that you posted anything related to Bill O'Reilly further proves a point.

For something so gimmicky it sure moves quite a few vehicles.

I guess the flip side to all of that is try Hyundai's approach, rip off every design element known to man and end up a design language that has yet to be uncovered. I mean the company can't do anything on its own, even interior design. The new Kia Borrego, for example, has an interior that appears as if it was some sort of VWAG reject (see Touraeg).

The fact that you posted anything related to Bill O'Reilly further proves a point.

The new Sonata interior looks like it was taken out of a Lexus. Same design themes. I still mistake a previous generation Kia Sedona for a Windstar until right on top of it. LG appliances copy German Bosch designs. Samsung copied SONY. Whirlpool is suing LG for copying their engineering designs.

For something so gimmicky it sure moves quite a few vehicles. (3 bar grill)

Now, now, Michael. Don't take these things so seriously now! :slug:

You sure don't like to be ribbed do you? Especially when there's real cause for the ribbing.

The facts are:

1. Styling gimmicks are as old as the hills, and are known to be effective. Ford uses'em. Chrysler uses'em. EVERYBODY uses'em in some fashion. So the lesson learned is: Feel free to point out a "gimmick" or look that doesn't work, but DON'T disparage the corporation that used it for being "gimmicky". THAT'S the hypocrisy that the one poster predicted would surface.

2. The 3 bar grill IS a gimmick, and it works out okay. I'm really "okay" with it, but someday I hope that not every car in the Ford family has to have the same look to it, aka: my Mustang kudos comment.

3. The Bill O'Reilly book photo was used for its "No Spin Zone" reference. Your explanation of how the lines on the Flex are beneficial, while the same lines on the Sebring but on a different panel are "monstrous" is a PERFECT representation of a 'spin' job. Sorry, but it can't be refuted.

And btw, what does knowing the title of a Bill O'Reilly book or the tag line to his cable show say about me, exactly? Can you elaborate?

If awareness of Bill O'Reilly paints me in some particular fashion in yours and others minds, then I guess I have A LOT of company out there:

http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/cable-new...ox-rule-ratings

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

Brief reminder, the Japanese manu's were SLAMMED in the press just a few years ago for not having a design language that translated into a national identity.

And yet they sold HUNDREDS of thousands of those things and now, frankly, shift the market response of the domestics.

so,

one conclusion is that staid and true value is a selling point.

Another might be that value is in the eye of the beholder, and with 6+bill on the planet, finding a market identity is as valuable as finding a niche.

Loyalty, that's a whole larger think.

HYPOCRITES!![/b]

You know who you are. lol

Oh but Blackhorse those door grooves are completel different, and but the Sebring this and the Flex that and blah blah blah. lol

You clowns are so full of crap. lol

Edited by BlackHorse