FLEX IS HERE

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh but Blackhorse those door grooves are completel different, and but the Sebring this and the Flex that and blah blah blah. lol

You clowns are so full of crap. lol

You are remarkably obtuse and energetic about it. The design concept expressed in the 2-box (stationwagon) arrangement that is the Flex, is handled with more consistency and design logic, than the design concept expressed in the 3-box (sedan) arrangement that is the Sebring.

Thus, the design cues of the Flex posses a harmony that is not apparent in the Sebring. The Flex was designed with an over-all theme; the Sebring was designed by a committee.

Now, you may not like how the Flex looks, and that's OK, you are entitled to your opinion. But, when it comes to design cohesiveness, the Flex triumphs over the sad pastiche that is the Sebring.

Now, you may not like how the Flex looks, and that's OK, you are entitled to your opinion. But, when it comes to design cohesiveness, the Flex triumphs over the sad pastiche that is the Sebring.

pastiche

The word pastiche describes a literary or other artistic genre. The word has two competing meanings, either meaning a "hodge-podge" or an imitation. Both meanings are discussed below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastiche

You are remarkably obtuse and energetic about it. The design concept expressed in the 2-box (stationwagon) arrangement that is the Flex, is handled with more consistency and design logic, than the design concept expressed in the 3-box (sedan) arrangement that is the Sebring.

Thus, the design cues of the Flex posses a harmony that is not apparent in the Sebring. The Flex was designed with an over-all theme; the Sebring was designed by a committee.

snob.jpg

lol

QUOTE (BlackHorse @ Jun 8 2008, 04:49 PM) post_snapback.gifWhere is the real leadership now President Bush? I voted for your sorry ass, THREE times now

Uh, yeah, ok whatever crtic. If you're going to quote me, try to get it right. Kinda hard to vote for a two term guy three times. Also, what point are you trying to make, other than following me around like a lost puppy?

Uh, yeah, ok whatever crtic. If you're going to quote me, try to get it right. Kinda hard to vote for a two term guy three times. Also, what point are you trying to make, other than following me around like a lost puppy?

Genetic Scientists Develop Sheep With Brain Of A Goat

I'll throw politics right back into your FACE when ever you bring it up.

You think you can throw a cheap shot into a thread about a car, with a political picture, then I'll throw it right back into your FACE with exactly what your picture means to your mind.

Genetic Scientists Develop Sheep With Brain Of A Goat

I'll throw politics right back into your FACE when ever you bring it up.

You think you can throw a cheap shot into a thread about a car, with a political picture, then I'll throw it right back into your FACE with exactly what your picture means to your mind.

The picture is not about a political anything critic. It was in response to Edstocks flowery language about harmony this and design logic that as he tried to convince me that the Flex was anything but ugly, just like the Sebring. Snobbery, get it? Not that Edstock is a snob, it was just a jab at his mastery of grammar. Nothing personal Ed.

We don't really need you to be the political hall monitor critic, especially when no political debate is taking place.

I assume you don't have those pesky little things called facts to back that up, do you?

Show me...ANYWHERE...where it says that the goofy Gillette grille is the reason the cars and SUVs are selling.

Hey wait, aside from the Fusion, what other Ford vehicle even has that "gillette" grill?

Gosh yes, I'm waiting for you to teach me that Jensi Mind Trick. Now quit holding out. lol

Your argument lumping the Sebring and Flex in the same category because of the use of embossed lines is tantamount to saying this:

442px-Leonardo_-_St._Anne_cartoon.jpg

is the same as this:

whispers.jpg

Because they were both done with pencil on paper. You want to bellyache about the Flex, that's fine. But try and make some sense about it

(BTW, the second drawing is from a really really really pretentious preschool in Georgetown.)

Your argument lumping the Sebring and Flex in the same category because of the use of embossed lines is tantamount to saying this:

442px-Leonardo_-_St._Anne_cartoon.jpg

is the same as this:

whispers.jpg

Because they were both done with pencil on paper. You want to bellyache about the Flex, that's fine. But try and make some sense about it

(BTW, the second drawing is from a really really really pretentious preschool in Georgetown.)

Oh God I hate pretension, it makes my eyes hurt. lol

Look if it wasn't for all the so called "bellyaching" around here there would probably only be about two posts a day. You bellyache at P71, he bellyaches back at you and on and on. Who cares. There's undoubtedly some people who like the fact that the Sebring has grooves in the hood. Some of those same people surely find the Flex ugly. Some Sebring owners probably like the Flex. Some people who like the Flex won't like the Sebring. Some people will like both. Some will hate both. Some wll be neutral about both. None of them is either right or wrong and we both know it. It's all a matter of personal taste. All the schools of thought in the world about design logic, and harmony and cohesive design don't mean a thing if people don't buy the car do they? Therefore it is neither right nor wrong to compare the Sebring's grooves to the Flex's grooves. It was neither right nor wrong to compare the Sebring to tupperware in the first place and then act like it's altogether different on the Flex. It's not. It's all about personal taste. I guess the guys weren't bellyaching when they made comments about how ugly the Sebring is were they? But apparently saying the Flex is ugly is bellyaching? Whatever Richard. We both know it's all about personal taste. I'm just pointing the obvious blinders that get worn around here sometimes.

By the way nice choice on The Virgin and the Child with Saint Anne. Da Vinci is one of my favorites. That other drawing is just, . . . . . disconcerting. lol

Now, now, Michael. Don't take these things so seriously now! :slug:

You sure don't like to be ribbed do you? Especially when there's real cause for the ribbing.

The facts are:

1. Styling gimmicks are as old as the hills, and are known to be effective. Ford uses'em. Chrysler uses'em. EVERYBODY uses'em in some fashion. So the lesson learned is: Feel free to point out a "gimmick" or look that doesn't work, but DON'T disparage the corporation that used it for being "gimmicky". THAT'S the hypocrisy that the one poster predicted would surface.

2. The 3 bar grill IS a gimmick, and it works out okay. I'm really "okay" with it, but someday I hope that not every car in the Ford family has to have the same look to it, aka: my Mustang kudos comment.

3. The Bill O'Reilly book photo was used for its "No Spin Zone" reference. Your explanation of how the lines on the Flex are beneficial, while the same lines on the Sebring but on a different panel are "monstrous" is a PERFECT representation of a 'spin' job. Sorry, but it can't be refuted.

And btw, what does knowing the title of a Bill O'Reilly book or the tag line to his cable show say about me, exactly? Can you elaborate?

If awareness of Bill O'Reilly paints me in some particular fashion in yours and others minds, then I guess I have A LOT of company out there:

http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/cable-new...ox-rule-ratings

-Ovaltine

I'm not going to bother with all that other nonsense.....

A gimmick is contrived, and by definition contrived can be defined as manufactured and or overdone. The hood on the Sebring does not look natural, there is no need for it to be there. It serves as a styling gimmick that apparently not to many people care for. The hood would have been visually pleasing without it, which has been demonstrated on the Avenger.

The Flex is a long slab sided wagon. A massive expanse of flat continuous sheet metal is not eye catching, doesn't do anything to hide the portion of the such a large vehicle and goes with the angular design of the rest of the vehicle.

Maybe the 3 bar grille is a styling gimmick, but we weren't talking about the three bar grille well until you brought it up. If so, at least you know a Ford from looking at it, ditto that with Chrysler and their hoods and GM and their bow tie grilles. Can't say the same about Hyundai, and the reason behind that is the fact that the company can't figure out who's design they'd prefer to copy.

Taurus

Taurus X

Flexible

Edge

(Out of) Focus

and the (Gillette) Fusion.

They all share common grilles (or variations of it), and if I'm not mistaken the Focus and Edge do very well. Not sure how the Taurus does in the large car category. So what's your point again?

....waiting for one of your lame excuses.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

Therefore it is neither right nor wrong to compare the Sebring's grooves to the Flex's grooves. It was neither right nor wrong to compare the Sebring to tupperware in the first place and then act like it's altogether different on the Flex. It's not. I

Not to mention that the grooves slapped onto the Flex and Sebering are there for the same reason...to break up the slab surface. But somehow grooves slapped onto the Flex are different. rolleyes2.gif

So what's your point again?

Go back and read.

Edited by P71_CrownVic

Go back and read.

Well that was an attempt to get you to explain your nonsense post earlier:

Show me...ANYWHERE...where it says that the goofy Gillette grille is the reason the cars and SUVs are selling.

Since you need help I will dumb it down for you. How many Fusions/Taurues/Edges/Focuses did Ford move last month. Do you really think that everyone would simply go out and purchase any of those vehicles because they thought the front end looked stupid?

Do you ever use sound judgement? Ever?

Well that was an attempt to get you to explain your nonsense post earlier:

Since you need help I will dumb it down for you. How many Fusions/Taurues/Edges/Focuses did Ford move last month. Do you really think that everyone would simply go out and purchase any of those vehicles because they thought the front end looked stupid?

Do you ever use sound judgement? Ever?

It's too the point the man has nothing in life.. bad publicity is better than none at all. Thus, his arguing here is because he has nothing outside of here. What? for a long time, I figured the dude has no sex life, no friends, not even dogs bark at him. So he comes here, because he likes arguing or a put down, because without this place. he might as well shrivel up and blow away in the wind, unknown, unloved. Shame.. some are always stuck in puberty.

Edited by Critic