FLEX IS HERE

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who haven't figured it out the 3 BAR grill is a FORD design theme.

It has usually worked as a cohesive manufacturer's theme. (Think ROUND taillights in early 60s Fords....it's thematic)

The hood ridges on the Sebring may be an attempt at a Chrysler theme, originated successfully on the Crossfire.....not so successfully on the Sebring! With or without the hood ridges the Sebring is an ugly car. It's not even a good car underneath.

The body side ridges on the Flex are, ummmmm, on the side!

Not to be confused with the ROOF ridges that have been used on wagons/SUVs/Crossovers since they started using steel roofs. Think corrigated metal: it adds strength without weight.

How many Fusions/Taurues/Edges/Focuses did Ford move last month?

Do you really think that everyone would simply go out and purchase any of those vehicles because they thought the front end looked stupid?

I don't know why people buy Fords. All I wanted was proof that the reason the cars and SUVs are selling was because of the Gillette grille.

And since you cannot understand a simple sentence, I will dumb it down for you.

This was the initial claim:

For something so gimmicky it sure moves quite a few vehicles.

And I countered that with:

Show me...ANYWHERE...where it says that the goofy Gillette grille is the reason the cars and SUVs are selling.

Get it...or are you still unable to understand...?

Do you ever use sound judgment? Ever?

Edited by P71_CrownVic

It's too the point the man has nothing in life.. bad publicity is better than none at all. Thus, his arguing here is because he has nothing outside of here. What? for a long time, I figured the dude has no sex life, no friends, not even dogs bark at him. So he comes here, because he likes arguing or a put down, because without this place. he might as well shrivel up and blow away in the wind, unknown, unloved. Shame.. some are always stuck in puberty.

That's RJ for ya...

:hysterical:

Get it...or are you still unable to understand...?

Do you ever use sound judgment? Ever?

I think it's fairly obvious to conclude that if the consumer did not like the 3 bar grille, they would look elsewhere. That proof is in the raw sales data. Feel free to call the grille whatever you want, it is a selling point of each and every vehicle that it happens to appear on. If you can not understand that (or in your case can't and won't), then I feel sorry for you.

I agree, that interior looks horrible in comparison to the NA Focus.

Another who is hopelessly lost. It's one thing to have an honest opinion about something, but to trash any Euro Ford just to be an ass is really pathetic.

That interior is better than anything Ford puts out in N.A. short of the Flex.

Oh, I'm sure it is much better material, but it looks horrible.

I find it funny how you always slam people for giving their opinions that you don't like, yet you think you're opinions are shared by everybody.

But them what should I expect from someone who drives a Chrysler, what would you know about nice interiors?

:hysterical:

It sure is, better than the NA Focus, world's better than the 19993 Fusion interior, better than the Mustang, the CV, The Edge, The Escape, the Explorer, the F-150, The Ranger, etc.

You just can't admit it since the cheerleading has gone to your head.

I find it funny how you always slam people for giving their opinions that you don't like, yet you think you're opinions are shared by everybody.

But them what should I expect from someone who drives a Chrysler, what would you know about nice interiors?

Oh, I don't think everyone agrees with me, but I do know that over 30000 people really liked the Focus interior last month despite your hatred of it. You may think the Euro Focus has a nicer interior, but I strongly disagree. As for my 300, there's nothing special about the interior, but its not all that bad either. I can buy whatever I want and come to think of it, I really don't care what you think anyway. Your nothing but a troll that whines and complains about the smallest of things and has completely lost touch with the real world.

Another who is hopelessly lost. It's one thing to have an honest opinion about something, but to trash any Euro Ford just to be an ass is really pathetic.

That interior is better than anything Ford puts out in N.A. short of the Flex.

I can't change your mind if it's the design you're in love with, but the quality of the interior materials is close to/slightly below fusion level; definitely nicer quality than the North American focus but not Ford's entire North American product line. Euro Fords are nice, but Ford customers stateside aren't missing much with the product they're offered.

Edited by V8 Ford

Me first.

My eldest niece just got her first car. A Mazda 3 GS hatch.(sport). I understood her mother, (my sis) to pay a little under 19k for what I though was a decent if not outstanding first car. Pricey, but we are that sort of family that those kids had an uncle(me) wander parts depts to find another set of seatbelts and a pair of longer bolts to make the last kid fit.

She liked the easy doors, the "PUNCH" of the engine, and the lack of noise. To me, the single best part of her car(I would have given her a Speed) was the q uiet part. Solid, clean, simple and cheap. What is the perception of a car in the if you will, large C class, when the :unsure:mileage is near the same as the more or less sub C Focial? To my mind, simple as it is, she prefered the choice of room, "p unch"(worried ) and the ability to keep up the payments.

My sis MOM has a hard driven A4 q wagon. MYchoice, just cause I used to make the payments.

Next?

Lets [; play a wee game inside a ruined thread.

If i were to spent $27 000 on the car "I" need, choose, value, and defend against the "other".

Shiats and ....

the least we can do is to offer a public valuation of our preferences.

I'll play. :)

I'd load up a Fusion. 221 HP is fine for me (I know; I drove one), it's actually in the 27K price range with all my desired features added (leather, nav, heated seats), and, while its MPG isn't better than the Accord, Malibu, Camry, or Altima, it's a lot better than my Pathfinder. I don't need the absolute best, just a major improvement.

Of those cars that I listed, the only one I like as much is the Altima, but it's too expensive comparatively speaking. Similarly equipped, it can outprice a Taurus.

I am with Blueblood on this one - but would include the Taurus and TaurusX in the "short of" statement.

The EU Focus interior might look boring, but it is done well with soft touch materials, and good assembly. The Fusion might come close to the Focus in terms of dash padding, and sort of close to execution in its SEL trim, but I find the Fusion has some glaring interior omissions, that the EU Focus does not have.

that said the D3 interiors are unparalleled in Ford's stable - solid, assembled with precision, top notch materials - perfect. If you want to gripe about brick stereo and such go ahead - I do not find MUCH to complain about the old switchgear - it is acceptable.

The Flex of course replaces that single problem with the Taurus/TX interior and is finally a perfect interior from Ford - soft everywhere - clever details - good materials - simple straightforward design.

That said - I just compared a compact interior to a $28k large crossover - that does not bode well for Ford NA. However, the new Fusion Mustang, and Taurus should start making that comparison look better and better for Ford NA until finally in 2010 we will have the same subcompact and compact as EU, and in 2012 even the Fusion/Mondeo and will finally catch up.

Igor

Edited by igor

That is want I thought when I got my Taurus X, but I don't notice it anymore.

I didn't realize you finally got it, congratulations! Are you enjoying it?

I suppose it's just one of those things you get used to, I know my dad's truck has the same thing. I prefer the almost 90-degree stalk found on our Expedition and most cars, but oh well. I guess it's more one of those nit-picking things and not a big deal though.

Bill Brown Ford has two new Flexes on lot, both for sale and both SE's with Sync. One is all white and the other is all ice blue. I'm very impressed with the interior even on the base models. Both stickered for $29,445.00 and were sharp looking. For Mustang lovers out there, Bill Brown has a black Bullit on lot for sale and one Mustang GT500 Coupe and one GT500 Convertible. None of them are tagged and are for sale. I never seen such a low stock of Focus, Fusion, and Taurus on lot at Bill Brown Ford. Usually lots are full of these vehicles, but not now. Lots of TaurusX on lot, but only about 5 Taurus left on lot. Also on lot was 2009 F-150 in red and FX4 model. Very sharp and big crowed around it. Not for sale of course as it had test numbers on it, but complete production model. Not very often you see a Bullit for sale and two GT500's.