FLEX IS HERE

Bill Brown Ford has two new Flexes on lot, both for sale and both SE's with Sync. One is all white and the other is all ice blue. I'm very impressed with the interior even on the base models. Both stickered for $29,445.00 and were sharp looking. For Mustang lovers out there, Bill Brown has a black Bullit on lot for sale and one Mustang GT500 Coupe and one GT500 Convertible. None of them are tagged and are for sale. I never seen such a low stock of Focus, Fusion, and Taurus on lot at Bill Brown Ford. Usually lots are full of these vehicles, but not now. Lots of TaurusX on lot, but only about 5 Taurus left on lot. Also on lot was 2009 F-150 in red and FX4 model. Very sharp and big crowed around it. Not for sale of course as it had test numbers on it, but complete production model. Not very often you see a Bullit for sale and two GT500's.

Just got two Limited AWD Flex's in at the dealership yesterday. Very spacious interior, quiet ride. Somewhat pricey at $41K fully loaded, but that's a buyer's choice, not mine. Design is also your choice- like it or not, it will have its proponents as well as its detractors. Nice alternative to some ofwhat's out there now, and unlike some of the negative spewers out there I'll leave it up to the public to decide.

P.S. Love to read these forums, but they seem to be getting quite ugly and personal lately. Why's that?

Edited by exploder48

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got two Limited AWD Flex's in at the dealership yesterday. Very spacious interior, quiet ride. Somewhat pricey at $41K fully loaded, but that's a buyer's choice, not mine. Design is also your choice- like it or not, it will have its proponents as well as its detractors. Nice alternative to some ofwhat's out there now, and unlike some of the negative spewers out there I'll leave it up to the public to decide.

P.S. Love to read these forums, but they seem to be getting quite ugly and personal lately. Why's that?

According to the numbers I've seen, a fully loaded Limited AWD would be $45,190. Even so, that's less than some of the competition, such as the Buick Enclave.

but they seem to be getting quite ugly and personal lately. Why's that?

It's a negatard problem. Ford still has lots of problems, but overall, the world-wide company is doing well, and the American consumer has acted with infuriating common-sense, deciding that the Focus is a decent offering.

Meanwhile the Escape Fusion and the Taurus keep doing a decent job, with upgraded power-trains, and the market reflects this.

Add the Edge the new Flex and the MK S, which appear to be the right product at the right time, and the negatards have less and less to kvetch about that is of any significance.

Think about all the effort and energy these people have to put into what they do. Progressively, there is less and less reward for the investment of months and months and months of negaspin; eventually, a tipping point is reached, as the negatard gets more and more ridicule. Notice how the postings are becoming more and more logic-deficient?

It's a negatard problem. Ford still has lots of problems, but overall, the world-wide company is doing well, and the American consumer has acted with infuriating common-sense, deciding that the Focus is a decent offering.

Meanwhile the Escape Fusion and the Taurus keep doing a decent job, with upgraded power-trains, and the market reflects this.

Add the Edge the new Flex and the MK S, which appear to be the right product at the right time, and the negatards have less and less to kvetch about that is of any significance.

Think about all the effort and energy these people have to put into what they do. Progressively, there is less and less reward for the investment of months and months and months of negaspin; eventually, a tipping point is reached, as the negatard gets more and more ridicule. Notice how the postings are becoming more and more logic-deficient?

Well put. Amen.

Well put. Amen.

OOPS! Sorry, but we just sold one of the two, a fully loaded Limited. It'll be on the road tomorrow. EdStock whaddya think?

Negatards, please forgive me for the positive post. (Sarcasm in case you don't realize it LOL).

Edited by exploder48

The flex is sooo Chinese. It's a blatent rip off of a Mini crossed with a Range Rover. Interior by Chrysler.

Not the car Ford needs to help turn the corner. Alan Mullaly should have killed it off before it got anywhere near production. And yes the Euro Ford Focus interior is a billion times better.

Then again I'm European, maybe the Flex is an American thing.....

According to the numbers I've seen, a fully loaded Limited AWD would be $45,190. Even so, that's less than some of the competition, such as the Buick Enclave.

I have one on order for a buddy...AWD Limited, missing two tone/ fridge and not much else, has nav DVD etc etc...MSRP 43740, hes replacing a Q7 of all things...wife cant take the ride because of a bad back operation....

Edited by Deanh

The flex is sooo Chinese. It's a blatent rip off of a Mini crossed with a Range Rover. Interior by Chrysler.

Not the car Ford needs to help turn the corner. Alan Mullaly should have killed it off before it got anywhere near production. And yes the Euro Ford Focus interior is a billion times better.

?....no mini anywhere, shades of RR styling thats it, interior NOTHING like a Chrysler...Stag...don't embarass Europeans.....

Of course your post had something to do with Range Rover. Get over it already!

I won't disagree with you that people who buy the Sebring have poor taste. I also won't agree with you that people who buy the Flex have poor taste.

Except, the difference is that I think there are more people with poor taste who will buy the Flex than the Sebring. The Sebring looks like a pig with art deco earrings. The Flex looks like a blown up gen 1 Scion with a touch of Mini Cooper. The cynic in me says there are people who will like it ... and at the end of the day, as long as Ford is making money and the Flex isn't in MY driveway, I'll stay a happy camper.

I'm not in the market for a Flex, but seeing it on the road amongst traffic, it definitely stands out. Now comparing it to the ill-fit plastic hood on a Sebring is another matter. Nothing released this year is more stupid looking then the Audi A8, BMW 1 series, and Honda Pilot(three way tie for the fugly of the year contest), so it ain't all bad.

Edited by kevinb120

?....no mini anywhere, shades of RR styling thats it, interior NOTHING like a Chrysler...Stag...don't embarass Europeans.....

I agree, With Bangle having completed ruining the BMW lineup from the downs-syndrome 6 to the blatently stupid-even-by-Hyundai-standards 1 series, they don't need any more bashing...

Too many people nowhere near being the market for a brand-new vehicle are polluting it like cancer.. One of the biggest haters here drives old used police cars(and likes it). None of the haters here will have anything to do with them selling or not so don't worry about it, you get used to it ;) It's kinda fun after a while you can type their posts for them.

Edited by kevinb120

I'm not in the market for a Flex, but seeing it on the road amongst traffic, it definitely stands out. Now comparing it to the ill-fit plastic hood on a Sebring is another matter. Nothing released this year is more stupid looking then the Audi A8, BMW 1 series, and Honda Pilot(three way tie for the fugly of the year contest), so it ain't all bad.

I'll definitely give you the Pilot, I'm not the biggest fan of the 1, so I'm borderline on that, but the A8 (or do you mean R8, since that debuted recently), I don't know if you've seen either, but they're both beautiful, IMO.

8HXDT89S.jpg

ag_08r8_frtright.jpg

Edited by rmc523

YES, because ford never did a squarish 2-box with white roof ever before....

post-25758-1213794029_thumb.jpg

I appreciate the Flex more and more each day as I begin to respect its originality and commitment to strong cohesive design. This is Ford of NA at its best, delivering on a fresh idea an executing it brilliantly. Thank God for Flex! Now don't let them turn it into an amorphous blob like the rest of the generic CUV crowd out there!

Edited by BORG