Shelby GT350 Set For NY Unveiling?

robertlane

Wow, Robert, since I have a snowball's chance in hell of getting a GT500, maybe I should hold off on the '07 GT, and try to get a GT350, if that is indeed the model to come out in April at the New York Auto show. I thought they were hinting at a Boss model, but a GT350 would be nice, and more in my price range. I guess we could expect about 425hp, if it is supercharged like the last generation cobra 4.6L engine with some slight improvements from the factory? Any speculation on if it would come out as a late '07 model, or as an '08 model, just speculation I know, but you know more about this stuff than most of us.

Edited by yamahaR1

Just wanted to ask anyone if they have any information. It is hard for me to believe, with the auto show in NY only a couple of weeks away, we have not heard any rumors. I guess I would be pretty interested in this model, if it would come out. It would be even better if they would take that tacky Shelby name off the back. That would be my first thing to do, especially if it was a sticker, goodbye tacky. Maybe I would put some cobra emblems on the car and revive the SVT Cobra. That would be nice.

so it'll be a GT with a CAI and gold stripes :happy feet: whoopie!

You gotta be kidding me????? This is going to be a Hertz rental car piece of junk? What a shame. Well, I guess they would not want to take away the dealer's excuse for gouging by making a mustang between the GT and GT500. Hope they change their minds.

You gotta be kidding me????? This is going to be a Hertz rental car piece of junk? What a shame. Well, I guess they would not want to take away the dealer's excuse for gouging by making a mustang between the GT and GT500. Hope they change their minds.

Don't rush to judgment here. It might have painted mirrors, heated seats and lots of bling. Maybe even a compass.