OAC News

otp

I guess we have to start all over again.... Talked to Gary Beck on Sunday and it doesn't sound good we're most likely going to be off January to March due to lack of sales and construction. Apparently they have a 6 months supply of Freestars sitting on the lots and although Beck has been pushing for the top up to continue until the flex is up and running, Detroit is saying no way since they claim they are only making $300 bucks a vehicle and it would cost them around 7 million to extend the top up. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

I guess we have to start all over again.... Talked to Gary Beck on Sunday and it doesn't sound good we're most likely going to be off January to March due to lack of sales and construction. Apparently they have a 6 months supply of Freestars sitting on the lots and although Beck has been pushing for the top up to continue until the flex is up and running, Detroit is saying no way since they claim they are only making $300 bucks a vehicle and it would cost them around 7 million to extend the top up. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

If I'm not mistaken the SUB top up is going to decrease by around $100.00 as of January 1st. It hurts but atleast we have a plant to go back to.

If they know something, why dosen't someone just tell us whether it be from the Union or Ford? I herad the 2 weeks in December and the 2nd and 3rd weeks in January for the B shift, but 3 months......WOW!

If they know something, why dosen't someone just tell us whether it be from the Union or Ford? I herad the 2 weeks in December and the 2nd and 3rd weeks in January for the B shift, but 3 months......WOW!

What we were told at the union meeting last Sunday is that there are no down weeks scheduled for Dec. but that could always change. It's what happens after Jan. that is up in ther air.

I thought I would pass along this information about one of ours..... Amon Beckles the boy that was shot outside the church on Friday in Toronto was the Grandson of Desmond Beckles and son of Nadia Beckles. Desmond (or Dez as we call him) was a well known member of OAP who retired last year. His last job was a Relief man in zone H Trim A shift and was well liked by everyone who knew him. His daughter Nadia still works in the trim shop and is always a cheery and an up person who has show us the meaning of strength from this great tragedy. Visitation for Amon Beckles will be Thursday and Friday at Ward's Funeral Home on Weston Rd for anyone interested in attending and or sending flowers. The funeral is Saturday at 10 a.m. at the Abundant Life Assembly church on Dixon Rd. Also a trust fund is being set up for Amon's baby girl Moesha. I'm sure we can set up a collection on Monday when we all return to work. I hope I speak for all of us at OAC when I say our hearts and thoughts go out to the family.

I guess we all just want to know what's going on. Doesn't matter if we are off 3 months or 2 weeks on/off. All of us just would like an idea.....but I'm not holding my breath for anyone to let us know what's happening in the next few weeks or months! Now that I've got that outta the way.....To all fellow employees, please have a safe holiday season and a Merry Christmas!! Whether your working or laid off, at least we can enjoy the time with family and friends....I know I'm a wee bit early with this message, but I don't get here as much as I used to and it was something I wanted to pass along :D

Take care all B)

I heard a rumour that in the new year, we will be working 4hrs everyday and also shifts. So we would be back on afternoons when it is our turn. Has anyone else heard this and is there any truth to it. <_<

This was going around last week. I ask a REP and he said no truth to it but who knows? Someone does know but they don't tell us. LOL

Anyone notice that the new pogy claims are only good for 18 weeks?

This was going around last week. I ask a REP and he said no truth to it but who knows? Someone does know but they don't tell us. LOL

Anyone notice that the new pogy claims are only good for 18 weeks?

The new claims are based on hours worked and the unemployment rate in your city, so if we do catch a big layoff of a couple of months our pogy is sure to run out really fast. But with two weeks on and two weeks off we should be good until the flex plant opens

It's a little quiet in here without foxrun stirring stuff up! :P

The new claims are based on hours worked and the unemployment rate in your city, so if we do catch a big layoff of a couple of months our pogy is sure to run out really fast. But with two weeks on and two weeks off we should be good until the flex plant opens

It's a little quiet in here without foxrun stirring stuff up! :P

Shhhhhhh... ;)

Im watching :lol:

The truth is charly and I are drinkin buddies and we are in a good guy bad guy routine to help his presidential ambitions.

But seriously, third shift go poof. Talked to some of the guys transfered to A shift and some are ok with it and some well, not so ok. Any other guys out there from third shift?

Im watching :lol:

The truth is charly and I are drinkin buddies and we are in a good guy bad guy routine to help his presidential ambitions.

But seriously, third shift go poof. Talked to some of the guys transfered to A shift and some are ok with it and some well, not so ok. Any other guys out there from third shift?

Heard last night that the 'B' shift...which is the junior shift will lose quite a few guys...basically guys with mid 90's senority will be gone from Paint. We were told last night that the company wants to reduce manpower by about 65-70 people. Midnight's are still a go as far as we were told.

That's about all we found out last night.....any other "stuff"?

I heard a rumour that the old guys are pissed that we only get 65% as of jan 1. So they want to go to one shift so they don't get screwed money wise. It doesn't make sense because they would have to train all the old guys to do the sh#ty jobs; and they would all end up on restrictions. Also by the time the get them trained it will be time to start with the flex plant. Has anyone else heard of this 1 shift rumour.

I heard a rumour that the old guys are pissed that we only get 65% as of jan 1. So they want to go to one shift so they don't get screwed money wise. It doesn't make sense because they would have to train all the old guys to do the sh#ty jobs; and they would all end up on restrictions. Also by the time the get them trained it will be time to start with the flex plant. Has anyone else heard of this 1 shift rumour.

Well I've been working here for 23 years so does that make me an old guy ? Maybe, but I still feel young but not young enough to do some of the tougher jobs in the plant. The thought of me in chassis standing under a van reaching up to install some part makes me shiver. That's why I'm in favor of 2 on 2 off at 65% for 6 months. If the lay off was indefinite, then that's another story but for 6 months, it's not worth it. There is a union meeting on Dec. 18 and if you really care about this issue, come out and make your vote count and don't let a minority dictate to the majority.

I will be the for the vote and i didn't mean to offend you by callin you an old guy, but like you said you wouldn't want to do the job in chassis above you head. And the new flex plant should be open soon.

Well I've been working here for 23 years so does that make me an old guy ? Maybe, but I still feel young but not young enough to do some of the tougher jobs in the plant. The thought of me in chassis standing under a van reaching up to install some part makes me shiver. That's why I'm in favor of 2 on 2 off at 65% for 6 months. If the lay off was indefinite, then that's another story but for 6 months, it's not worth it. There is a union meeting on Dec. 18 and if you really care about this issue, come out and make your vote count and don't let a minority dictate to the majority.

You mean there will actually be a motion and vote on this single shift issue/rumor @ the Dec 18 meeting??

You mean there will actually be a motion and vote on this single shift issue/rumor @ the Dec 18 meeting??

Just finished midnite shift... and there was no rep telling us about a vote on the 18th.

I guess they will us all about the meeting/vote after we get back to our shift in two weeks. :)