OAC News

otp

Is anyone else hearing that the week of November 22 - 26 will be 4 hour shifts can anyone confirm this? Its due to part shortage. if so what part is it?

The company held a meeting on the Friday afternnoon shift before lunch with the union reps.

After that meeting a union steward I'm friends with told me that we would be working 4hrs on Monday and then off for SWW the rest of the week. I asked him if he was joking and he said no. My forklift driver's rep told him the same thing. Apparently there's a supply issue with engines and I believe Automod is getting stuck with the tab. B-shift has no clue yet. I would imagine Ford will also use this time to to get the ILVS building filled up as well as it's been a mess all week which is one reason we went less that 10 hours on a few shifts (engines was another)

With that said....I'd still pack a lunch Monday and come in with the mindset to be there 10hrs.....plans get changed in a hurry at a place like Ford.

Edited by WTF????

The company held a meeting on the Friday afternnoon shift before lunch with the union reps.

After that meeting a union steward I'm friends with told me that we would be working 4hrs on Monday and then off for SWW the rest of the week. I asked him if he was joking and he said no. My forklift driver's rep told him the same thing. Apparently there's a supply issue with engines and I believe Automod is getting stuck with the tab. B-shift has no clue yet. I would imagine Ford will also use this time to to get the ILVS building filled up as well as it's been a mess all week which is one reason we went less that 10 hours on a few shifts (engines was another)

With that said....I'd still pack a lunch Monday and come in with the mindset to be there 10hrs.....plans get changed in a hurry at a place like Ford.

The ILVS building will not be getting filled up, we are not painting cars...just performing maintenance in the paint shop

There are other Ford Motor Comany of Canada employees , other than OAC, who read this blog. With the links on the 707 website not working (Prez reports May, Agust, November), can someone post a more detailed report of what is happening at OAC and what 2011 may have in store for the plant. Thanks much appreciated.The locals are doing a terrible job of keeping members informed up-to-date.They could use their websites more efficiently to empower the membership.

There are other Ford Motor Comany of Canada employees , other than OAC, who read this blog. With the links on the 707 website not working (Prez reports May, Agust, November), can someone post a more detailed report of what is happening at OAC and what 2011 may have in store for the plant. Thanks much appreciated.The locals are doing a terrible job of keeping members informed up-to-date.They could use their websites more efficiently to empower the membership.

Everyone from the government on down is trying to get the people to believe that the future is looking just peachy. This is a desperate last ditch attempt to turn it around. If enough people believe in the messiah, there will be some who will claim that he actually spoke to them, and that will lead to more believers, and then a religion will be created. Of course, it is all based on bullshit. If you want to find the real truth, you have to figure it out yourself.

Everyone from the government on down is trying to get the people to believe that the future is looking just peachy. This is a desperate last ditch attempt to turn it around. If enough people believe in the messiah, there will be some who will claim that he actually spoke to them, and that will lead to more believers, and then a religion will be created. Of course, it is all based on bullshit. If you want to find the real truth, you have to figure it out yourself.

Put the blunt down Trim, your posts do not inform. Can someone with a working brain reply to my previous post. OAC Sparky?

Put the blunt down Trim, your posts do not inform. Can someone with a working brain reply to my previous post. OAC Sparky?

Do you want to be informed or lied to? According to the hype, we have orders coming out of our ears. We will be on 10 hours for the foreseeable future. There are a handful of people still on layoff. Once they are called back, there will be hiring. The rumor is that we will be getting another platform. Of course that takes years before any hiring will come out of it. Of course if sales dictate, we could get a third shift before that time. If you take a hard look at the economy, do you really believe the hype? As I said, you have to figure it out for yourself; or else listen to someone who has been brainwashed to believe. My brain is working just fine, thank-you. It may not be clean, but it is working.

Are you implying that I am a liar? Don't think so. Just trying to not post bullshit in this topic. If you did the same this would be a 5 page topic.

Just ask yourself what the big push to finish ripping out the old body build is.

I am saying that we are being led to believe that the economic recovery is a done deal. Everything isn't about YOU. I didn't hear about the big push. I see unfinished Freestar bodies there for how many years? There is a rumour going around that OAC will be down for re-tooling during the winter, but nothing substantial. I heard that months ago. Maybe that is why we are on 10 hours; to build units ahead.

I never called you a liar, but you are plainly calling me one. I say what I think. If I am wrong, that doesn't make me a liar; just mistaken. I don't have beliefs, so on the rare occasion I am proven wrong, I don't blow a gasket. I say that the recession/depression is far from over, and the auto industry will be one of the first to take the hit. Everybody is betting the farm on the success of the stimulus package. I think it is a last ditch Hail Mary play with small chance of success. That is just my opinion.

I am saying that we are being led to believe that the economic recovery is a done deal. Everything isn't about YOU. I didn't hear about the big push. I see unfinished Freestar bodies there for how many years? There is a rumour going around that OAC will be down for re-tooling during the winter, but nothing substantial. I heard that months ago. Maybe that is why we are on 10 hours; to build units ahead.

I never called you a liar, but you are plainly calling me one. I say what I think. If I am wrong, that doesn't make me a liar; just mistaken. I don't have beliefs, so on the rare occasion I am proven wrong, I don't blow a gasket. I say that the recession/depression is far from over, and the auto industry will be one of the first to take the hit. Everybody is betting the farm on the success of the stimulus package. I think it is a last ditch Hail Mary play with small chance of success. That is just my opinion.

And just how many YEARS has this industry sustained you and your family :hysterical2:

And just how many YEARS has this industry sustained you and your family :hysterical2:

The auto industry is the most vulnerable to an economic downturn. On the flip side, it is usually the first to reap the benefits when the economy turns around. I have seen the ups and downs many times. I sustained my own family though my own efforts. When I got laid off in the past, I found other work. I stuck with the auto industry because I am not afraid of hard work, being in excellent physical condition, and the pay is good. You can't base the future on the past. Just because the world has been running in a certain way for the last 60 years, doesn't mean that the next 60 are going to be more of the same. I think that we are at a crossroads. These crossroads come up in cycles. Sometimes there is a big crossroads, like 476 A.D.

Edited by Trimdingman

• 4 weeks later...

Hey you guys shut the door or something? Not a word in over 3 weeks.

There is no point in posting in here. Trimdingbat just hijacks all posts. Everybody falls for it and we get a bunch of dumb bickering. Other plants must look at us like we are a bunch of idiots for actually arguing with that moron.

Could someone from OAC file us STAPers in on how many people you still have on lay-off and whether they still have recall rights? Also any info on the NEW car you were promised in the last set of talks and any word you may have on adding a third shift?

Thanks in advance

There is no point in posting in here. Trimdingbat just hijacks all posts. Everybody falls for it and we get a bunch of dumb bickering. Other plants must look at us like we are a bunch of idiots for actually arguing with that moron.

I heard there were a few people still on lay-off. We have been asked to take all of our vacation time to get them back. I heard that there is another package coming in March. Don't know if it is true; just a rumor. The demographics of the plant is a lot of people starting in 1982 through 1983. They will be coming up on 30 years seniority, or close enough to bridge it. 1981 was the year the second shift was re-instated.

Edited by Trimdingman

Could someone from OAC file us STAPers in on how many people you still have on lay-off and whether they still have recall rights? Also any info on the NEW car you were promised in the last set of talks and any word you may have on adding a third shift?

Thanks in advance

Still people on lay-off. I'm hearing rumors of more coming SOON. I would not get my hopes up if your at STAP. The 300 to 400 wanting to come to Oakville will have a long wait. Not enough people set to retire this year or next. Ford does not have to offer incentives to entice retirement here to create openings for STAP workers. The 3rd shift is a pipe dream. (maybe if Ford can get the same tier 2 language here it MIGHT happen, same with retirement incentives) As far as I know there is preferential hiring language for STAP members IF there are openings at OAC, that's it!

Ed.

Still people on lay-off. I'm hearing rumors of more coming SOON. I would not get my hopes up if your at STAP. The 300 to 400 wanting to come to Oakville will have a long wait. Not enough people set to retire this year or next. Ford does not have to offer incentives to entice retirement here to create openings for STAP workers. The 3rd shift is a pipe dream. (maybe if Ford can get the same tier 2 language here it MIGHT happen, same with retirement incentives) As far as I know there is preferential hiring language for STAP members IF there are openings at OAC, that's it!

Ed.

I heard there are 50 more layoffs coming in the next week or 2.material handling has just reduced 10 drivers in main plant,6 in the bodyshop.According to Mc foldman we have 60,000 orders.Seems weird we are reducing our hours and manpower,i know about the engine situation cant get enough.Wtf are they going to do when spring and summer get here and the orders go up?Mc foldman also said the shutdown will once again be separate weeks,after he said there was no way they would be.