OAC News

otp

I've heard skilled trades are working a lot of overtime. Something about cleaning out the old van lines in body? What are they preparing for? New models coming in? If would be nice to use this as a way to communicate with the brothers and sisters in ST Thomas, Windsor and Oakville. Trim please man...... weve heard all your stories old, new, future, forwards, backwards... inside out lol. Dude its time to get back to the real issues in the plant not the world news man. lol

I know it must be frustrating for you, not knowing what is going on. Trust me. When we know, you will know. Retirement is a relative topic to the OAC thread. We have been offered buy-out packages since 2004. Some people only want to hear one side. Please allow people who want more information to get it. The internet provides information that you cannot get from the mainstream media. People like me provide this information. If you do not like it, just scroll past my posts.

I know it must be frustrating for you, not knowing what is going on. Trust me. When we know, you will know. Retirement is a relative topic to the OAC thread. We have been offered buy-out packages since 2004. Some people only want to hear one side. Please allow people who want more information to get it. The internet provides information that you cannot get from the mainstream media. People like me provide this information. If you do not like it, just scroll past my posts.

The point you are missing is not 1 person on here cares about what you say.

If someone asks about retirement or your personal life then fine answer the question, but do you have to respond to EVERYTHING and be negative, there must be something at Ford or your life that isn't full of negativity, maybe not, anyhow have a nice day.

p.s. I took the buyout in 2008 and never regretted it, have more money now than when I was working,and if you ask those that retired they'll probably tell you the same thing, and OAS & CPP just gave us a little increase, however I can't say that about the Ford Pension,can't win them all. I also got a car voucher, maybe you can find out when it expires, not sure if it's Sept . 2011 or Sept 2012, it will give you somthing to do and please don't rant about my retiring

I've heard skilled trades are working a lot of overtime. Something about cleaning out the old van lines in body? What are they preparing for? New models coming in? If would be nice to use this as a way to communicate with the brothers and sisters in ST Thomas, Windsor and Oakville. Trim please man...... weve heard all your stories old, new, future, forwards, backwards... inside out lol. Dude its time to get back to the real issues in the plant not the world news man. lol

The sections that are being gutted are to become work areas for the mods being done to MKT. This includes livery and hearse versions (stretched)

The point you are missing is not 1 person on here cares about what you say.

How do you know that? It is mostly people who disagree who get agitated enough to respond because the truth hurts. If you agree, there is nothing to say, so they just read it. Lots of people log on just to see what I have posted. This thread is one that I post in often, and it is by far the longest lived thread on this forum.

Why is Body afternoon shift scheduled 8.5 hours, and the other departments scheduled 10?

Lots of people log on just to see what I have posted. This thread is one that I post in often, and it is by far the longest lived thread on this forum.

/quote]

I can't believe that you think people come here to read your posts and that the reason this thread is the longest in the forum is because of you!

People avoid this forum because of you.

I have actually heard people in the plant discussing you. And it was not a thoughtful discussion brought about by your enlightening pearls of wisdom.

It was about what an A-hole you are.

There you go.... you are famous.

Hiya Charly

Any idea of how many jobs this will create? And will it be us doing the work?

Sorry, I have no idea, I'm not 100% sold on the fact that the space is to be used for what we have been told,

I'm hoping that it really is in preparation for the new vehicle that we were promised at the last negotiations....maybe just wishful thinking.

It would be great if all that wish to work in OAC will get jobs soon.

Take care

The topic of this thread is OAC NEWS. Posts on this thread are to be relevant to the topic. The Local 707 website is not being maintained with current news. The person responsible for the website must have too much on his hands to keep the site up to date. There are many who would like to know what is going on at OAC. If there is anyone currently working there, please post the news of your plant. Thanks. Again posts here are to be relevant to OAC NEWS.

B-Shift Trim & Chassis are scheduled 9 hours and have been working 8's so far this week and A-Shift Trim & Chassis (on afternoons this week with a 4:30pm start) are scheduled 10 hours and worked 9.2 Monday and 8 tonight.

I'm hearing ( and we hear a lot of things) that we will get back to working 10's in March.

I'm also hearing that there are more than 500 people that want to come to O.A.C. from St Thomas.

I believe that there are 54 people on layoff.

Probably running around 25 Flex and maybe 10 MKT per shift.

And we have elections coming up.

Cheers

O and I hear we are getting the C-Max and/or Kuga and overflow production of the Escape and Taurus. And/or the F100. :blah:

B-Shift Trim & Chassis are scheduled 9 hours and have been working 8's so far this week and A-Shift Trim & Chassis (on afternoons this week with a 4:30pm start) are scheduled 10 hours and worked 9.2 Monday and 8 tonight.

I'm hearing ( and we hear a lot of things) that we will get back to working 10's in March.

I'm also hearing that there are more than 500 people that want to come to O.A.C. from St Thomas.

I believe that there are 54 people on layoff.

Probably running around 25 Flex and maybe 10 MKT per shift.

And we have elections coming up.

Cheers

O and I hear we are getting the C-Max and/or Kuga and overflow production of the Escape and Taurus. And/or the F100. :blah:

Wow thats alot of product!! don't want to be a doubter but i thought we were only promised a platform at the negotiations (t believe the global c ) i also thought the c max and kuga had homes already.Hope you are right with your predictions or rumours we need something, the flex is or will be on its last legs now that the explorer is on the market and competitively priced.

Wow thats alot of product!! don't want to be a doubter but i thought we were only promised a platform at the negotiations (t believe the global c ) i also thought the c max and kuga had homes already.Hope you are right with your predictions or rumours we need something, the flex is or will be on its last legs now that the explorer is on the market and competitively priced.

maybe gary beck in his new role of the head of ford council can bargain to get our 2nd week of shutdown back. Trimdingdong probably loves that he can sell his vacation,plus the extra week this year.

maybe gary beck in his new role of the head of ford council can bargain to get our 2nd week of shutdown back. Trimdingdong probably loves that he can sell his vacation,plus the extra week this year.

expect a long rant from you know who

Edited by whodat

Bring back our COLA NOW.

WTF!! are we now supplying Ford with OUR bailout money so that they can be ""extra"" generous with the so called profit sharing cheques payable to our American counterparts?

Open that thing we call a contract and get back OUR COLA while we can.

Speak up KEN, or have we (actual) autoworkers become insignificant in the new CAW?

Speak up KEN, or have we (actual) autoworkers become insignificant in the new CAW?

Was that a rhetorical question?

Because, rhetorically speaking, what we gave up was to keep out 2 tier wages. At least according to Mr FatFuck.

In the UAW, they can't hire 2nd tier workers until all laid off full-rate people are back to work. Here we have 2nd tier workers; oooh excuse me, "contractors" doing cleaning and plant services (which used to be our member's work) etc at half wages while our brothers and sisters in Windsor and St Thomas are either laid off or facing layoffs. AND they're represented by out OWN LOCAL.

If you recall "Final Offer" ie, the movie about "the birth of the CAW", we split from the UAW because we felt that COLA vs profit sharing was better. Now we have neither.

Because, rhetorically speaking, what we gave up was to keep out 2 tier wages. At least according to Mr FatFuck.

In the UAW, they can't hire 2nd tier workers until all laid off full-rate people are back to work. Here we have 2nd tier workers; oooh excuse me, "contractors" doing cleaning and plant services (which used to be our member's work) etc at half wages while our brothers and sisters in Windsor and St Thomas are either laid off or facing layoffs. AND they're represented by out OWN LOCAL.

If you recall "Final Offer" ie, the movie about "the birth of the CAW", we split from the UAW because we felt that COLA vs profit sharing was better. Now we have neither.

I said that years ago, and they called me the COLA Crybaby. High inflation is coming fast. Without COLA, our buying power is going to evaporate. We also need to get on the government to stop fudging the Consumer Price Index. True inflation is running at over 5% now; not 1.5 % that the government puts out.

I said that years ago, and they called me the COLA Crybaby. High inflation is coming fast. Without COLA, our buying power is going to evaporate. We also need to get on the government to stop fudging the Consumer Price Index. True inflation is running at over 5% now; not 1.5 % that the government puts out.

We called you the COLA Crybaby because you were doing just that, crying about it. We all understood the need for sacrifice at the time. You were talking about (and still talking about) hyperinflation that has yet to come to pass. COLA is only one part of what we need to fight for -- but it's the only thing you fixate on. Most of us seek a bit of balance; we recognize that there are members on layoff and we need those people back to work.

You got that label because your attitude seemed to be "Fuck everyone else, as long as I get my COLA"

The Local 707 website is not being maintained with current news. The person responsible for the website must have too much on his hands to keep the site up to date.

That would be local 707 VP Ron Balazs (905-844-9451 ext.2). He is also the editor of our the 707 newsletter.

vicepresident@local707caw.ca or editor@local707caw.ca

The local website is sponsored by Apple computers or has the Apple symbol to click on the bottom taking you to all the latest non-union made Apple products we can't afford thanks to our 0% wage increases over the last couple of contracts.

The Step program is being offered to us right now....$100,000 with 8 or more years and cut all ties to Ford and CAW.

Edited by OTPisdead

That would be local 707 VP Ron Balazs (905-844-9451 ext.2). He is also the editor of our the 707 newsletter.

The local website is sponsored by Apple computers or has the Apple symbol to click on the bottom taking you to all the latest non-union made Apple products we can't afford thanks to our 0% wage increases over the last couple of contracts.

The Step program is being offered to us right now....$100,000 with 8 or more years and cut all ties to Ford and CAW.

Actually the website is not sponsored by Apple, its a program called iWeb that the union is using to create the website, i use it all the time .....that being said i still agree with you about the 0% wage increase!!

With all of the caw members looking for current info, it's a shame that Ron is so busy he can't carry out out the current tasks he was elected to do. Getting elected again must be more important.

We took the cuts and concessions and 2-3 tier wages when Ford was hurting, we opened our "agreement" and agreed to all of it to save our future. Well the future is here and now I want some return on my investment.

Why is it only a ONE way process, does anyone else feel a little stupid? did we actually not foresee a turnaround? did we not have a plan? NO ONE SAW THIS EVENTUALITY?? Really??

Reciprocity...."""Generally, relationship between persons, corporations, states, or countries whereby privileges granted by one are returned by the other.""""

Make gesture to the workers, Time off, Benefits, Wages, COLA. pick one, ANYONE will do.

We called you the COLA Crybaby because you were doing just that, crying about it. We all understood the need for sacrifice at the time. You were talking about (and still talking about) hyperinflation that has yet to come to pass. COLA is only one part of what we need to fight for -- but it's the only thing you fixate on. Most of us seek a bit of balance; we recognize that there are members on layoff and we need those people back to work.

You got that label because your attitude seemed to be "Fuck everyone else, as long as I get my COLA"

Hyperinflation is here. The U.S is short 1.6 trillion dollars for this year's budget. The total budget is 3 trillion something. They will be pushing government bonds, and then print up the rest. Our dollar should be worth $2.00 U.S; but we are not much better off, ourselves. Food and other commodities are soaring in price. Governments that tell the people that they need to make cuts see rioting. As revenues fall, because of layoffs and businesses fleeing the country, the cost of entitlements rise. It is a situation that feeds on itself. The "recovery" that we are seeing now is artificial. It is the result of borrowing and spending; not prudent management of the economy.

We are going to lose our status as the highest paid unskilled occupation if we don't fight for our COLA. Giving that up was HUGE. Union people from the past are rolling in their graves. We have traditionally set the standard for wages. The world now sees us buckling under. This kills any aspirations they may have for even maintaining what they have now. If they see us taking less; they know that they will have to take less. Employers are taking advantage. Most people don't even ask what the rate of pay is when they apply for a job. They know what it is already. Minimum wage.

Edited by Trimdingman

We took the cuts and concessions and 2-3 tier wages when Ford was hurting, we opened our "agreement" and agreed to all of it to save our future. Well the future is here and now I want some return on my investment.

Why is it only a ONE way process, does anyone else feel a little stupid? did we actually not foresee a turnaround? did we not have a plan? NO ONE SAW THIS EVENTUALITY?? Really??

Reciprocity...."""Generally, relationship between persons, corporations, states, or countries whereby privileges granted by one are returned by the other.""""

Make gesture to the workers, Time off, Benefits, Wages, COLA. pick one, ANYONE will do.

No one care anymore? Call Lewenza, or have we all just given up?