OAC News

otp

Any news from OAC ?

I and around 80 other laid off employees are signed up to go to OAC on the next manpower increase. We have been told anywhere from 2cd to 3rd quarter (April to September). I heard a rumour that we will be called up in May.

Does anyone have any more concrete information as to when we will be called up.

Are your dates for retooling definite yet (March 10 - April 14?)

Job 1 date for the next generation Edge?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

We have contractors on site and the dates you mentioned for production down time are correct

Ok...so I go to my local dealer to check out a new flex. It's a basic se model. Black cloth interior. Nice car. But the salesman says, well I can't sell this to you today. He then shows me that somehow the third row seat was installed with the leather seats. It should have been cloth. I chuckled to myself, but as an employee was a little embarrassed. I get that mistakes happen, but is there any end of the line inspection that should catch a mistake like this?

That should of been caught on the CAI line.

Received the information that I needed. St. Thomas and Windsor transfers called up shortly after retooling shutdown. They may re-canvas for early retirements - there was a controversy with the last canvas - from April 14 to last person hired, OAC will neeed about 900 more people.

See you soon at OAC

• 2 weeks later...

Received the information that I needed. St. Thomas and Windsor transfers called up shortly after retooling shutdown. They may re-canvas for early retirements - there was a controversy with the last canvas - from April 14 to last person hired, OAC will neeed about 900 more people.

See you soon at OAC

OK who said what and when.After Scott and Balazc complained about rumors being spread throughout the plant,it seems they're not above starting some of thier own.I'm more than a little interested after missing out on the last incentive by 5 months. Something we can try to hold them to with elections in the next couple months.

OK who said what and when.After Scott and Balazc complained about rumors being spread throughout the plant,it seems they're not above starting some of thier own.I'm more than a little interested after missing out on the last incentive by 5 months. Something we can try to hold them to with elections in the next couple months.

If you did not have they time in to make the cut then that is you did not qualify. Same thing happened with a few peeps here in Windsor. Will there be more canvas's, it depends on the math. If it is cheaper to have a new hire than you working, then the company will offer incentives. Or maybe you will have to wait until next contract for it to be negotiated.

We have lost many things the last couple contracts with Balaz and Millar as heads of our executive. No more of the same old same old. Time to vote out the people that have done nothing but look after themselves.Every

Everyone in the automotive industry and most industries lost in the last several years. The future contract will be foretold by the UAW/Big 3 negotiations next September. I think they will see substantial gains which will help us the following year.

If you did not have they time in to make the cut then that is you did not qualify. Same thing happened with a few peeps here in Windsor. Will there be more canvas's, it depends on the math. If it is cheaper to have a new hire than you working, then the company will offer incentives. Or maybe you will have to wait until next contract for it to be negotiated.

Yes it absolutely makes sense for them to get rid of us old farts but you didn't really answer my question.You said you got the info you were looking for then added an opinion on another canvass.Was that rumour,heresay or fact you got from our executive?

Yes it absolutely makes sense for them to get rid of us old farts but you didn't really answer my question.You said you got the info you were looking for then added an opinion on another canvass.Was that rumour,heresay or fact you got from our executive?

From what I was told was that there was a controversy with the last canvass. I didn't ask what it was about because it will not affect me. Bob Scott told me they MAY do another canvass. If you have questions speak with your comitteeman or call the hall to get accurate answers.

From what I was told was that there was a controversy with the last canvass. I didn't ask what it was about because it will not affect me. Bob Scott told me they MAY do another canvass. If you have questions speak with your comitteeman or call the hall to get accurate answers.

Yep, don't come here looking for facts. There are many here that don't work at OAC that love to give their opinions on any matter.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...