No Job postings at Monroe!!!!

Sweetheart

Why when Ford Monroe plant is slated for closing (or warm idle) are we not getting plant bid postings????? Now we find out UAW is on 2 week vacation!! Our plant went on 8 hrs, two shifts. We have a TLO going on with return to work dates of July 21st. Still we are not allowed to bid on Ford Plant openings. Dearborn, Woodhaven and Rawsonville were able to post bids for Wayne stamping(100 postings), Wayn assy.(400 postings) and AAI (70 postings.) these people have a plant to return to when the economy picks up. Why should they be able to post on job openings when we are left hanging??? Don't get me wrong I'm happy for them, but we are getting the big screw at ACH plants. By July 21st most all of our plant will be dead in the water and most of us will get ILO when we return. Why are we forced to wait??? We have no return to basic unit when we close. We have no plant to call home. Someone with Authority needs to be stepping in and getting this straightened out. Were we not told plants slated for closure had top priority on openings??? Region 1 A and Ron Gettlefinger need to get their heads out of their asses and get us placed before the plants with call back rights. GET US PLACED!!!!!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why when Ford Monroe plant is slated for closing (or warm idle) are we not getting plant bid postings????? Now we find out UAW is on 2 week vacation!! Our plant went on 8 hrs, two shifts. We have a TLO going on with return to work dates of July 21st. Still we are not allowed to bid on Ford Plant openings. Dearborn, Woodhaven and Rawsonville were able to post bids for Wayne stamping(100 postings), Wayn assy.(400 postings) and AAI (70 postings.) these people have a plant to return to when the economy picks up. Why should they be able to post on job openings when we are left hanging??? Don't get me wrong I'm happy for them, but we are getting the big screw at ACH plants. By July 21st most all of our plant will be dead in the water and most of us will get ILO when we return. Why are we forced to wait??? We have no return to basic unit when we close. We have no plant to call home. Someone with Authority needs to be stepping in and getting this straightened out. Were we not told plants slated for closure had top priority on openings??? Region 1 A and Ron Gettlefinger need to get their heads out of their asses and get us placed before the plants with call back rights. GET US PLACED!!!!!!

Just curious but didn't they offer DTP before?

Edited by Bigcountry

It's a slow process, Sweet. Hang in there! :reading:

DTP was offered to Monroe.

Im getting my ass chewed out on the other post for stating that the ach plants have had opportunitys and people said, I signed up, now they are saying they signed up, but not for dtp. I hope everyone gets to move at some point, but the people that got the postings deserve a chance to move too.

Im getting my ass chewed out on the other post for stating that the ach plants have had opportunitys and people said, I signed up, now they are saying they signed up, but not for dtp. I hope everyone gets to move at some point, but the people that got the postings deserve a chance to move too.

Some people in Monroe really did try to go and were even given the paper work for their new plant, but the move was put on hold. These were people going to Dearborn frame and engine, I feel bad for them, but many people in Monroe chose not to sign.

Some people in Monroe really did try to go and were even given the paper work for their new plant, but the move was put on hold. These were people going to Dearborn frame and engine, I feel bad for them, but many people in Monroe chose not to sign.

If they got skipped over I have heard that you can put in an appeal, it might take a while, but it might be worth it. I know that I sound a little bitter, we have been waiting to get out of here and havent had a chance, and I seriously, personally, know people that have told me that they are gonna wait it out. So, I just dont feel sorry for them. But, at the same time, I dont want them to end up without a job, I just think they need to sweat it out a bit.

If they got skipped over I have heard that you can put in an appeal, it might take a while, but it might be worth it. I know that I sound a little bitter, we have been waiting to get out of here and havent had a chance, and I seriously, personally, know people that have told me that they are gonna wait it out. So, I just dont feel sorry for them. But, at the same time, I dont want them to end up without a job, I just think they need to sweat it out a bit.

I agree. How many more chances did some of these people think they were going to get. Some people in Monroe chose to "wait it out" so now they get to do exactly that, wait. That appeal might be worth looking into.

I agree. How many more chances did some of these people think they were going to get. Some people in Monroe chose to "wait it out" so now they get to do exactly that, wait. That appeal might be worth looking into.

I believe that most (if not all) production ppl signed up to go. The ones that didn't figured [either] to go to JSP or retire. So they're not too worried about the issue of staying.

There are some Electricians (myself included) who chose to stay and wait for whatever may be available when that time comes. If there is no place for me to go when the time comes, then I get to move out to the Southwest, find me an airstrip close to the border for my little airplane, and help bring illegal contraban in since none of the duschbags in Washington care to protect our border. :shades:

The reason why Monroe wasn't offered the postings when the other plants were is because they have JSP's in effect. JSP takes precedence over ACH-LLC plants, according to the preferential plaement hierarchy.

The reason why it takes precedence is because unless there is a JSP in effect (people in JSP at the plant), everyone at the plant IS STILL CURRENTLY WORKING (regardless of the number on TLO, since that is technically temporary). People in JSP are NOT, and therefore get placed into work BEFORE plants where everyone is on a job.

Coming from Rawsonville, I know pretty much for a fact that I will not be able to go back if I go somewhere else (assuming they don't miraculously add 500 jobs back in), considering I have 8/04 plant seniority, and 10/05 company seniority.

The jobs that went up today in addition to the three listed above were Lima Engine (175) and Buffalo (46). There were 439 total in-zone openings, however. I believe it was 269 at Wayne stamping, 70 at AAI and around 140 or so at Wayne Assembly.

Edited by qwertyuiop

Any production worker who wanted out of monroe could have been out by now. i dont feel sorry for them they can wait it out a bit longer. most of the people thats left could not handle it at a assembly plant anyway.

not true, again, you show your ignorance.

you could not handle it on my line!

I believe that most (if not all) production ppl signed up to go. The ones that didn't figured [either] to go to JSP or retire. So they're not too worried about the issue of staying.

There are some Electricians (myself included) who chose to stay and wait for whatever may be available when that time comes. If there is no place for me to go when the time comes, then I get to move out to the Southwest, find me an airstrip close to the border for my little airplane, and help bring illegal contraban in since none of the duschbags in Washington care to protect our border. :shades:

Hey "F-P", is it ok if I fly down to the Southwest in my C172 for a visit? :flexing: Sounds good to me! :runaway: I'd be careful of the border thing, though. The Feds may not have an interest in protecting the border on the ground, but you can bet they sure do in the air, trust me :banmolest:. :banmolest: :banmolest:

not true, again, you show your ignorance.

you could not handle it on my line!

yes it is true if the would have signed for dtp they would have got it. and seeing how i worked on and got done on just about every line in monroe i could handle it on your line.

yes it is true if the would have signed for dtp they would have got it. and seeing how i worked on and got done on just about every line in monroe i could handle it on your line.

But its still not an Assembly line. Two diff. worlds. And no if every Monroe had signed for DTP, they wouldnt have gotten it. Both '07 flowback and recent multiple postings at ACH's, allowed prioritizing your bids. Very few would have put DTP at #1 . It isnt always greener on the other side............

Hmmm i fail to see your reasoning. so because some of us dont want dtp . we should be skipped over with Buffalo! ok now i see your one of the punks that ran shit just to get done. way to go. and no my line stays to the bell. so you would not

Hmmm i fail to see your reasoning. so because some of us dont want dtp . we should be skipped over with Buffalo! ok now i see your one of the punks that ran shit just to get done. way to go. and no my line stays to the bell. so you would not

I have heard from several people that they signed up, but not for dtp. What other choices did you have?

I have heard from several people that they signed up, but not for dtp. What other choices did you have?

I can't remember all of them, but we had AAI, DTP, Dearborn frame and engine, Wayne Assembly and a handful of jobs at Woodhaven and Pheonix. There were more but I cant't remember all of them.

Any production worker who wanted out of monroe could have been out by now. i dont feel sorry for them they can wait it out a bit longer. most of the people thats left could not handle it at a assembly plant anyway.

From what i hear the guys at monroe want to "RIDE IT OUT" in laymens terms they want to wait till something more "JUICIER" comes around.

From what i hear the guys at monroe want to "RIDE IT OUT" in laymens terms they want to wait till something more "JUICIER" comes around.

there is no riding it out, nothing to ride out. in the last 'flow back' if you want to call it that, there was 435 positions avail.

6000 poeple could bid on them, what do you think happened ? some people that wanted to leave, could not. some did not.

i'm sure you have this at all the plants.

My question to anyone at Monroe still Is mainly for people that have left and then returned.

At Wixom we have a bunch of people that came from Monroe and decided to go back around the time Wixom lost their first shift reduction. SO my question being how many of those people ( If i recall right they had around 97 - 99 seniority) why did they go back ?

I can understand wanting to go back to your home plant but that was after Visteon was spun off why would you take that chance knowing that everything pointed toward Ford selling off Visteon.

I was asked to go back to Wixom back in 04 and I know plenty of people that did simply because they lived out that way, But being realistic and not basing my decision with my heart I stayed in the rouge because I knew that there was little hope left for Wixom to remain opened, turns out my gut was right.

For those that have Not had an opportunity to leave a closing plant I wish you all the best and placement as soon as possible .

On another note I cannot speak for all the other plants listed on this post but DTP people were offered opportunities because there is a need in those plants and allot from DTP have been given Indefinite Layoff Paperwork effective July 21st after shutdown. If someone at another plant IE. Monroe they might be on TLO but that means they would have a return to work date meaning they still have a job at the moment those like the ones at DTP have ILO's and at this time do not have a job except collecting unemployment.

Good Luck to all :shades:

Everybody that signed for zone 1, chicago, buffalo, and kc got placed in 07 so you should have signed then if somebody really wanted out they could have gotten out by now but they dont want to go to a assembly plant so they are waiting around for woodhaven or livonia goodluck. I have been on lines that get done and lines that stay bell to bell its makes no diff to me im there to work.

Everybody that signed for zone 1, chicago, buffalo, and kc got placed in 07 so you should have signed then if somebody really wanted out they could have gotten out by now but they dont want to go to a assembly plant so they are waiting around for woodhaven or livonia goodluck. I have been on lines that get done and lines that stay bell to bell its makes no diff to me im there to work.

i dont mind working either, however some people didnt want zone 1 for reasons of being at 33 different plants and not knowing what plant your going to. hey and most the people that trasnfered to DTP, thought they would be at the golden child, are now not working, and laid off, so dont cry that bullshit with me. most people i know are not waiting for woodhaven or livionia, those are dead plants anyway. and who want to hop plants the rest of your life ? i know people from all the plants you mentioned and they are either laid off, going to be, or might be, so how better off are they ?

My question to anyone at Monroe still Is mainly for people that have left and then returned.

At Wixom we have a bunch of people that came from Monroe and decided to go back around the time Wixom lost their first shift reduction. SO my question being how many of those people ( If i recall right they had around 97 - 99 seniority) why did they go back ?

I can understand wanting to go back to your home plant but that was after Visteon was spun off why would you take that chance knowing that everything pointed toward Ford selling off Visteon.

I was asked to go back to Wixom back in 04 and I know plenty of people that did simply because they lived out that way, But being realistic and not basing my decision with my heart I stayed in the rouge because I knew that there was little hope left for Wixom to remain opened, turns out my gut was right.

For those that have Not had an opportunity to leave a closing plant I wish you all the best and placement as soon as possible .

On another note I cannot speak for all the other plants listed on this post but DTP people were offered opportunities because there is a need in those plants and allot from DTP have been given Indefinite Layoff Paperwork effective July 21st after shutdown. If someone at another plant IE. Monroe they might be on TLO but that means they would have a return to work date meaning they still have a job at the moment those like the ones at DTP have ILO's and at this time do not have a job except collecting unemployment.

Good Luck to all :shades:

most people i know, didn't like the drive to wixom.

besides ford does not know what they are doing 4 months out.

i dont mind working either, however some people didnt want zone 1 for reasons of being at 33 different plants and not knowing what plant your going to. hey and most the people that trasnfered to DTP, thought they would be at the golden child, are now not working, and laid off, so dont cry that bullshit with me. most people i know are not waiting for woodhaven or livionia, those are dead plants anyway. and who want to hop plants the rest of your life ? i know people from all the plants you mentioned and they are either laid off, going to be, or might be, so how better off are they ?

I transfered to ddmp 2 months ago and we are working 7 12's w/ midnight shift premium. The job sucks but I'm working. Even you, almighty dork271 could not handle the job that we do there. If you think you can come on up here. By the way , if you dumbasses would force the company to lay you off instead of volunteering to to be laid off you might get a flowback opportuninty. Good job Carl, fuck the membership! Save your vacation days!