Ford C-Max spied

ManFord

2011 Ford C-Max [spied]

ford-c-max-ri.jpg

July 9, 2008

With gas prices at record highs, automakers are scrambling to develop more fuel efficient models. While some automakers are developing all-new cars from scratch, Ford realized that it didn’t have to look any farther than its current European lineup for fuel-saving models. One of those models that will be making the trek across the pond is the Blue Oval’s C-Max, which are spy photographers just spotted while testing in the wild.

More at link:http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-c-max.html

Edited by ManFord

2011 Ford C-Max [spied]

ford-c-max-ri.jpg

July 9, 2008

With gas prices at record highs, automakers are scrambling to develop more fuel efficient models. While some automakers are developing all-new cars from scratch, Ford realized that it didn't have to look any farther than its current European lineup for fuel-saving models. One of those models that will be making the trek across the pond is the Blue Oval's C-Max, which are spy photographers just spotted while testing in the wild.

Wow...what a hack job that mule is.

Makes me wonder why Ford just didn't make a Focus 5 door crossover.

2011 Ford C-Max [spied]

ford-c-max-ri.jpg

July 9, 2008

With gas prices at record highs, automakers are scrambling to develop more fuel efficient models. While some automakers are developing all-new cars from scratch, Ford realized that it didn’t have to look any farther than its current European lineup for fuel-saving models. One of those models that will be making the trek across the pond is the Blue Oval’s C-Max, which are spy photographers just spotted while testing in the wild.

drove the Opel equivalent ( man trans ) in Ireland...car was actually fine but TINY for a 7 seater....how they would be accepted here i'm not sure....check Mazda 5 ( ? correct ) sales......they should answer THAT question

I never thought this car was attractive so I'm glad Ford is waiting to make a version suitable for conquering America.

Yes, it would never sell in the US without making it look a lot better. It reminds me a little of the Civic Wagons from the 80's. But with less style.

I actually welcome a Ford version of the Mazda5. My friend has one and it's quite roomy for what it is, granted, she and her family aren't fat behemoths either. I have long legs and I'm perfectly comfortable on either 1st or 2nd rows, and the kids usually get pushed to the 3rd row.

All I see would work for the next revision of the Mazda5, or a Ford version would be a 2.5L I4 with around 180HP, throw in a 6speed, improve the interior materials, and throw in more sound insulation while keeping the price, and it would be a good alternative.

2011 Ford C-Max [spied]

ford-c-max-ri.jpg

July 9, 2008

I think you are getting the C max and the S max mixed up. The C max is just a taller focus 5 seater with the S max being the 7 seat-er .The C max should be Mercury and be sold along side the ford focus

I think you are getting the C max and the S max mixed up. The C max is just a taller focus 5 seater with the S max being the 7 seat-er .The C max should be Mercury and be sold along side the ford focus

:headscratch:

If it's a Mercury, it won't be sold along side the Focus in very many places.

The C-Max offers more head room than the Focus Station wagon, both of these are considerably lighter than the Kuga AWD so maybe there's room in the market for say two out of three.

If people want a genuine 7-seater, maybe increasing the Edge's to near CX-9 proportions is an option

making it more equidistant between the Kuga and Flex.

The C-Max offers more head room than the Focus Station wagon, both of these are considerably lighter than the Kuga AWD so maybe there's room in the market for say two out of three.

If people want a genuine 7-seater, maybe increasing the Edge's to near CX-9 proportions is an option

making it more equidistant between the Kuga and Flex.

why mess with the Edge if it has NO advantage over the Flex?

I think he may mean more along the lines of it'd be sold at the same time as the Focus, not literally alongside it. I could be wrong though.

You hit the nail right on the head. Ford needs more than one c class sized car to make up the numbers of trucks and suv sales that it is losing in the market place

You hit the nail right on the head. Ford needs more than one c class sized car to make up the numbers of trucks and suv sales that it is losing in the market place

I think I agree with you. I think a Mercury C car coul help the brand immensly at this time, although I don't want a rebadge either. I don't really think we'll see one, but it'd be nice. Even additions to the Ford lineup would be nice, which the C-Max would be.

but will it when they stretch it to fit a third row in there?

The Flex looks like a 3 row car - the Edge would look awkward.

Igor

Depends how far they go with it. I would like to see the Edge offer a 3rd row of seats. Not necessarily a huge 3rd row like the Flex...but at least something you can sit in for a quick jaunt around town. If they can squeeze a 3rd row into the RAV4, they can manage it with the Edge.

Looked at the pictures again. The longer wheelbase really improves the proportions on such a tall vehicle. The wheel openings need to be made larger so that it looks more like a car than a super small minivan. The lower grill needs to be made bigger/taller, so the windshield does not look as long and tall. It can make the hood look more car like and less minivan.

If they style this vehicle right, something like the Verve. I could really see it being an appealing, roomy, high mileage car for the US. You don't need big cars, just roomy cars.

Again, as a test mule, the final car could look like anything, and have any number of seats.

Maybe it's just the all-black appearance, but it doesn't look as bad as I feared. (Note, I didn't say it looks good. Just not "as" bad).

What happened to the rear fender - they try to take a lateral incline a little too harshly? Were 22" dubs a bit much for this stage of testing? Or have they not worked out the proper squirrel clearances yet?

The Honda Fit is very roomy (for it's category), very ugly, cheap interior, noisy, etc....and people don't seem to mind. They love them. My son just bought one. He thinks it's good for the money. He just wanted reliable, economical, and cheap transportation in a commuter car. He doesn't care what it's styling is. I suspect he is not alone. So Ford....bring it on. I also like the Mazada 5. Could care less what it looks like. A box on wheels with proven Ford components....what's not to like for it's purpose?

Maybe this is a trend. VALUE in a cummuter city car. If you want a performance, status, work vehicle, or show car, get something else.

Things seem to be changing. Driving a vehicle that is an intelligent choice for your needs says you are smart. Driving a vehicle that consumes too much for your needs says you are stupid these days. I believe the status has gone out of expensive cars.

Edited by Ralph Greene