Autoblog Tests the Flex

do not think that is the issue...sound fluctuated between nice to muddy....and seemingly only when on the move, the speed sensitive was set at off......and yes I also think that is a dumb feature.....

Well, can't say much else of the Sony systems. The only experience I have with them in Fords is in a few test drives and in rentals....and I've learned quickly not to judge audio systems on rentals. :lol:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, can't say much else of the Sony systems. The only experience I have with them in Fords is in a few test drives and in rentals....and I've learned quickly not to judge audio systems on rentals. :lol:

all i can say is the Harman Kardan I have in the coop KILLS this system....and its 5 years old....such is the price of progress???????

do not think that is the issue...sound fluctuated between nice to muddy....and seemingly only when on the move, the speed sensitive was set at off......and yes I also think that is a dumb feature.....

I'm not a big fan of sony audio either, but that's interesting.

Were you listening to the radio perhaps?

I'm not a big fan of sony audio either, but that's interesting.

Were you listening to the radio perhaps?

it was the radio....but it was a NOTICABLE pumping sensation of the higher frequencies.....gat me curious ...will have to see if it is just one car...if not...it is typical of sony gear....problem prone....I DISTINCTLY remember the days of skippy CD head units....

Could be the issue right there.

as in Ford getting cheap?.....I don't know...NEVER been a Sony fan, always seems to be issues w their car audio gear....I will keep all updated when i get a chance to test another...what was weird is it was OK when stationary.........bad antenna?....who knows.....

as in Ford getting cheap?.....I don't know...NEVER been a Sony fan, always seems to be issues w their car audio gear....I will keep all updated when i get a chance to test another...what was weird is it was OK when stationary.........bad antenna?....who knows.....

taking car thru service drive....something is NOT right..........bothering me and I need to sleep tonight.......

all i can say is the Harman Kardan I have in the coop KILLS this system....and its 5 years old....such is the price of progress???????

Harman Kardon stuff is very nice. I have a HK receiver and 5.1 surround system in my basement and let me tell you...anything played through that system sounds fantastic. And with the optical out on the 360, I finally have a sound system that can match the size of the video put out by my projector.

GTA IV on a 100" screen and sound through that system kicks major ass.

And the name 'Sony' screams cheap. Espically when the competition has Bose systems. Ford should have contacted HK, Denon, etc for a real name in audio for the new product.

Edited by P71_CrownVic

Yet, if you go to a GM site, which uses alot of Bose stereo, you will find all the same bitching about it.

Guess the grass isn't always greener............

The audiophile in my SD is great. The sound is clean, with good seperation. Bass response is good also. One funny thing, is how bass is transmitted by different sources. CD is low on volume and bass response. Sirrius radio is in the middle. Valley radio stations have major bass, and I have to scale it back. I do not use the speed settings, and have that off. Love the steering wheel controls for everything. Zero skipping on the CD, and that is with rough roads, and the "firm" ride of my SD.

Who makes the Ford navigation, and the Ford DVD??? Absolutally no skipping in the DVD also. If anyone can break it, my 6-year-old will be able to.

We are very happy with all of the electronics in the truck. It is certainly a major step up from the Audiophile system in our Tribute........... though not as good as the system I had in my 1991 Mustang GT. Of course, I paid about $7000 for that one. LOL

Has anyone here bought a Flex? If so, did you pay MSRP or less?

I haven't bought one yet, but we are getting ready to order one. I have confirmation from two different dealers that they will sell it to me at invoice if I order. Buying one off the lot is a different story though as they don't want to budge much off MSRP on the ones on the lot.

Harman Kardon stuff is very nice. I have a HK receiver and 5.1 surround system in my basement and let me tell you...anything played through that system sounds fantastic. And with the optical out on the 360, I finally have a sound system that can match the size of the video put out by my projector.

GTA IV on a 100" screen and sound through that system kicks major ass.

And the name 'Sony' screams cheap. Espically when the competition has Bose systems. Ford should have contacted HK, Denon, etc for a real name in audio for the new product.

Sony I have no time for...even their "high end ES stuff'......but PLEASE do NOT mention Bose, even Radio Shack "Realistic" can give them a run.....HK is good, but the parents TRUE high end stuff is AMAZING ( Revel for instance )

HEH, BOSE is a four letter word meaning overpriced and overrated. The RX-8 had it, and it sucked. The G and FX have it and they are marginal at best. In terms of in car audio, I much prefer Mark Levinson.

Eh, the Bose in my Mazda6 isn't too bad...for middle-road OEM anyway. It's certainly better than the craptastic Mach 460 I had in my Mustang for a short time.

I haven't bought one yet, but we are getting ready to order one. I have confirmation from two different dealers that they will sell it to me at invoice if I order. Buying one off the lot is a different story though as they don't want to budge much off MSRP on the ones on the lot.

A dealer here has 2 of them, one SE and one Limited. The SE lists for $29,xxx, sale price is $27,xxx. The limited lists for $43,xxx, sale price $39,xxx. So yes, there are dealers that will sell the Flex off the lot for less than MSRP.

Eh, the Bose in my Mazda6 isn't too bad...for middle-road OEM anyway. It's certainly better than the craptastic Mach 460 I had in my Mustang for a short time.

oh come on nick...at least with the muddy BOOM BOOM bass of the 460 you fely at place amoungst hydralic Impalas and the like...I had Bose in my Acura,,,,ok for most...lacking to me...even the HK needs help when cranked...its either distortion or the door speakers are HITTING the grills.....but turn the vol down and its fine.....

oh come on nick...at least with the muddy BOOM BOOM bass of the 460 you fely at place amoungst hydralic Impalas and the like...I had Bose in my Acura,,,,ok for most...lacking to me...even the HK needs help when cranked...its either distortion or the door speakers are HITTING the grills.....but turn the vol down and its fine.....

There's plenty of muddy BOOM BOOM from the spare tire sub in my Mazda6. The driver's door vibrates a little at high volume, but I think that's more a function of the not-so-super build quality of the car, not the speakers.