i wanted to buy a Flex......honest

Yeah, a few decades ago 60min or some liberal POS show did that to GM trucks that had the fuel tanks outside of the frame rails. They showed the horrific fire explosion when a car t-boned a GM truck. Later it was revealed that they put a small incindiary device in the truck to make sure it exploded.

BTW FoMoCo trucks had their fuel tanks inside the frame rails for years before GM did.

I remember that one too! Only the one for the Explorer actually benefitted Ford whereas that one with the gas tank hurt GM. Kind of like the CR thing with the Isuzu Trooper which IIRC they had to take back later down the road.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The family and I were passing my local Ford dealership on Sunday (8/31) and the wife noticed the Flex sitting on the front row, actually two were on the front row. She immediately made me pull into the lot and take a look see at them with the kids in tow. She is in love with the Flex, which is really surprising to me. She currently drives an Altima and favors the Nissan look, as she has been wanting to trade the Altima in for an Infinity FX. But after seeing the Flex, she no longer wants the FX and wants to start looking into the Flex. All she has talked about the last two days is how much she really likes the Flex, that much more than the FX, and wants to know how soon we can start looking into trading her car in. She works 2 blocks from the dealership and told me yesterday she went out of her way on the way home simply to catch a peak at one. Now she was curious as to why she has never seen an add or commercial for them, which I've only seen one or two since released.

Depending on how she proceeds to talk about the Flex, we may just start looking at our finances and see what our dealer can work out for us on the Flex. I'm hoping she can wait at least until the new year and when we get our taxes back for a little added down payment. But who knows, we'll see what comes along. We may have another Ford family member in our driveway soon.