'09 MMH/FEH Nav have BlueTooth for Cell or Backup Cam?

gocargo

Reviewed the several '09 MMH's on eBay and I see a phone button on the steering wheel.. so does the new Nav come with cellphone Bluetooth? What about a Backup Camera? What about Homelink?

Can this new Nav swap into my '08 with Nav?

How much better is this new 2.5 liter engine over the older 2.3.. fueleconomy.gov post nearly identical milage.

Overall it looks nearly identical to the '08 model.

Reviewed the several '09 MMH's on eBay and I see a phone button on the steering wheel.. so does the new Nav come with cellphone Bluetooth? What about a Backup Camera? What about Homelink?

Can this new Nav swap into my '08 with Nav?

How much better is this new 2.5 liter engine over the older 2.3.. fueleconomy.gov post nearly identical milage.

Overall it looks nearly identical to the '08 model.

As far as I know all 2009 FEH come with the new Ford Sync technology, which includes a bluetooth phone hookup among other things. No backup camera, but backup sensors are included in the Limited package.

Uhh yes, I have the OEM non color-cordinated and ugly sensors. They look friggin aftermarket and cheap.. something self-installed that anyone could buy on eBay. Overall the one thing that almost kept me from buying the MMH.

The sensors are not hidden in the bumper? Hopefully they don't stand out too bad.

The '09 completed the makeover started with the '08 - adding more horsepower to the engine, improved aerodynamics, and the capacity to go up to 40 mph in EV. On the inside you get the Sync system and the option of the second generation NAV (which is a complete makeover from previous version - DVD capable, 10 gb hd, travelink, improved graphic interface and more!) - for fully loaded all for only about $250 more than the '08 - for me that's why I waited.

I haven't seen any reports of the rear back-up sensors being exposed as you described in the '09's - maybe this was another improvement.

The sensors are not hidden in the bumper? Hopefully they don't stand out too bad.

The sensors are black. I have a dark brown bumper so they are not all that noticeable. However, I can see them being very obvious if one had, for example, a white bumper. Now, obvious doesn't necessarily mean objectionable.

I don't think that this is new. My '07 can go up to 40 mph in EV mode. All that might be new, is that Ford is now officially stating 40 mph instead of 25 mph.

Walt, trust me our prior FEH/MMH cannot operate at 40mph like the '09 can. This is not a myth or a guess because I know the difference. When I let off the gas pedal at 40mph I get instant EV at 40mph and can hold it at the accelerator like you've never seen before.

The sensors are black. I have a dark brown bumper so they are not all that noticeable. However, I can see them being very obvious if one had, for example, a white bumper. Now, obvious doesn't necessarily mean objectionable.

In my wife's 05 Ford Five Hundred they painted the sensors to match the bumper. Her 05 was a limited, could they only match them on the limited model. If this is true the color should not matter as long as you ordered a limited model.

In my wife's 05 Ford Five Hundred they painted the sensors to match the bumper. Her 05 was a limited, could they only match them on the limited model. If this is true the color should not matter as long as you ordered a limited model.

Actually just looked at the '09 Ford Brochure and the back end of a '09 FEH Limited (Kiwi Green) and it has four black dots on the bumper...In the end I don't think it'll detract that much from the overall appearance.