Just ordered a 09 F550, any idea when it will be built?

I just ordered an 09 F550 SC Lariat, 4X4 V10/auto with 2 late availability options, Remote start and 15,000 rear axle/spring/frame upgrade. any idea when this truck might be built? I ordered it on 7/30. What is the 09 Job1 date? Thanks, LS

Today (4 AUG 08) should be the start of the 2009 production...KTP will be running one shift 5:30 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Thursday alternating weeks with night shift at the same time during the day. If you've got a VIN, I'll try and keep an eye out for it. That's what I did when I ordered mine...management used to let folks follow the truck as it was built, but that was years ago. I was able to watch my truck being built for about forty minutes when I realized it was coming down the line.

Today (4 AUG 08) should be the start of the 2009 production...KTP will be running one shift 5:30 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Thursday alternating weeks with night shift at the same time during the day. If you've got a VIN, I'll try and keep an eye out for it. That's what I did when I ordered mine...management used to let folks follow the truck as it was built, but that was years ago. I was able to watch my truck being built for about forty minutes when I realized it was coming down the line.

Thanks! LS

Thanks! LS

I'm in the same boat, I have a DORA showing my order of a 2009 F-450 lariat 6.4 on July 21st, but haven't received any info on scheduling or delivery yet.

Even though Ford says there is no change to the engine, I felt it would be worthwhile to wait for the 2009 Job 1 instead of buying the 2008 Job 3, as the Job 1 is next blockpoint change opportunity for Ford. While the blockpoint changes may not be major enough for Ford to mention, there's always minor items like changing a bolt p/n, changing a torque, different castings, different chip software, machining changes, etc. that may improve the product.

I had been under the impression that production at the KTP would not start until september, so I'm encouraged to hear that it may be starting this month instead.

I'll be pulling a 2009 Mobile Suites 5th wheel with my F-450. Currently it looks like the 5th wheel may be ready a month or so before I can get the truck.

Because Ford has been rescheduling operations, they haven't been able to provide any delivery guidance. Because there is no scheduling info available, I have had to make some assumptions to do my trip planning. I've assumed a 7 week manufacturing time, starting in Sept 1st, plus 3 days for delivery to the dealer; this works out to a delivery date of Oct 23rd. Hopefully this date will pull up if production starts this month.

I ended up having to place my order without knowing if there would be an associated incentive, I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that. I'll get whatever is being offered at the time I take delivery.

As of yesterday (08/04)... Scheduling for the 09's will begin next week. 08/14 should be the first day as scheduling usually happens on Thursday of each week.

Current Job Last for the 08's is 09/15 and Job 1 for '09 is 09/16. '09 Job 1 is looking to be a short production run and is currently scheduled to end on 11/28.

Edited by PowerStrokeHD

As of yesterday (08/04)... Scheduling for the 09's will begin next week. 08/14 should be the first day as scheduling usually happens on Thursday of each week.

Current Job Last for the 08's is 09/15 and Job 1 for '09 is 09/16. '09 Job 1 is looking to be a short production run and is currently scheduled to end on 11/28.

Thanks, the fact that I have 2 late availability options means my 09 F550 Lariat will probably be a job 2, so if I'm lucky, the first week of December for a build, and March to get it from the tow truck upfitter. My 05 was ordered Oct 4th, built Dec 10th, and finished Mar 17th. Looks like I better get comfortable with my old one! LS

• 4 weeks later...
I shall keep an eye out for your truck!

I ordered the Royal red, because no special paint orders on Lariats. The upfitter is going to two tone bold yellow from the beltline down. It was hard for me to order the Royal red, because I haven't seen a picture of that color on a Super Duty. My current truck is Bold (or speed) Yellow. Thanks! Lloyd

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...