FORD FLEX SAVES FUEL DURING DECELERATION WHILE MAINTAINING BEST-IN-CLASS DRIVEABILITY

range

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

run...its the end of the world...wanna see some repair bills on :redcard: P?....man you stretch crap sometimes....

Who said anything about the Panthers?? Oh...that's right...another :cheerleader: .

But since you are insistent on bringing up the Panthers as some sort of weak counter argument...even when they have no place in the thread...use this...

I just sent in one of our 07 P71s for a minor trans leak, possible window not working right, and a reported occasional "noise" in the front end.

I had actually taken the car out of service because it would have rolled over the warranty mileage in one more shift.

It ended up getting all new seals in the trans, a new pass. window switch, new hub bearings, new link pins, and they found a stored ABS code, which they traced to an ABS line/harness chaffing against the control arm.

Over 2k in warranty repairs.

Quality is Job 1!

Edited by P71_CrownVic

Who said anything about the Panthers?? Oh...that's right...another :cheerleader:.

But since you are insistent on bringing up the Panthers as some sort of weak counter argument...even when they have no place in the thread...use this...

just stating P...any car at ANY time can have issues...whether it be ford or anyone else...and even those considered "dependability" champs are not necessarily innocent.......and how the hell a thread on fuel economy and the Flex got twisted to a minor oil leak on an Expedition seemingly points to a cop out perhaps forced by having a losing argument/ point..........

• 3 months later...
No one else can beat it and it has 5-star safety ratings. It has best [claimed] driveability too. It wasn't designed to be an ultra-mpg econobox. It was designed for people who prioritize safety over economy. For a family with older kids & teens the Flex seems fantastic. Would you prefer people carry their kids around in tin-can 1990 era Japanese cars? If there's room for more advanced steel/ materials for the same price, I think Ford would have used it.

The prices aren't cheap, but they are moderate and very comparable to the minivans/crossovers they compete against.

Remember, the 24mpg is for a regular V6. Wait until the Ecoboost engines emerge.

Very well put. Direct injection and twin turbo will help improve milege even more. And, yes some of us want a big, safe, comfortable vehicle. The fact that it gets 24mpg is just a bonus. I expect that many people will trade in their Excursion, Expedition, Yukon, Suburban for them. If only they would MARKET it as a family/toy hauler. Although in this economy it might be difficulct to sell anything. I heard the the japanese sales are at new low sales levels.

Very well put. Direct injection and twin turbo will help improve milege even more. And, yes some of us want a big, safe, comfortable vehicle. The fact that it gets 24mpg is just a bonus. I expect that many people will trade in their Excursion, Expedition, Yukon, Suburban for them. If only they would MARKET it as a family/toy hauler. Although in this economy it might be difficulct to sell anything. I heard the the japanese sales are at new low sales levels.

Pretty much NOTHING is selling right now. The fact that the Flex is still managing around 2000 sales a month in this market might even be considered to be a small miracle. In a better market, I could see it steadily selling in the 4000-5000 unit-per-month range, which puts it in the ballpark of Ford's original sales estimates.

I think you are right about it being a good alternative to the larger SUV's. The problem is, most people who own one of those larger SUvs and has it completely or mostly paid off aren't in position to be buying a new vehicle right now. With gas prices lower for the time being, they have even less incentive to unload their fullsize SUV.

Pretty much NOTHING is selling right now. The fact that the Flex is still managing around 2000 sales a month in this market might even be considered to be a small miracle. In a better market, I could see it steadily selling in the 4000-5000 unit-per-month range, which puts it in the ballpark of Ford's original sales estimates.

I think you are right about it being a good alternative to the larger SUV's. The problem is, most people who own one of those larger SUvs and has it completely or mostly paid off aren't in position to be buying a new vehicle right now. With gas prices lower for the time being, they have even less incentive to unload their fullsize SUV.

Good point about the low gas prices.

BTW I liked your prior Avatar MUCH better.

Good point about the low gas prices.

BTW I liked your prior Avatar MUCH better.

• 1 month later...