LINCOLN MKT PRODUCTION CONFIRMED

NLPRacing

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, it's like nobody cares...

Jul 15 2008, 10:15 PM

Are there any New photos of the MKT prototype?

Yes...but I doubt you'll see any too soon, you may even see the real thing if u hang around pilot plant IMHO

Not exactly a secret but thanks for posting

I don't particularly care for the MKT's version of the Lincoln grille because it cuts so low on the bumper, the fascia looks like it's sagging. We'll see, it should make a stronger statement as a result.

Ironically, I think the Ford Flex will make more of a luxury statement than the production MKT which has a much more conventional smooth look to it. I prefer a little sharpness and fidelity to a design, the MKS, MKT are a little too soft with not enough texture.

I don't particularly care for the MKT's version of the Lincoln grille because it cuts so low on the bumper, the fascia looks like it's sagging. We'll see, it should make a stronger statement as a result.

Ironically, I think the Ford Flex will make more of a luxury statement than the production MKT which has a much more conventional smooth look to it. I prefer a little sharpness and fidelity to a design, the MKS, MKT are a little too soft with not enough texture.

Gotta agree with you on the MKT front end, most of Fords and Lincolns have very poor car front ends that let both of them down and put me off buying anything, Classic Mustangs are the only car that have a decent shape at the front of the car and they don't sell them in Europe so to say l am pissed of with Ford is a big understatement. Hobson Choice very dull boring and bland or piss off elsewhere is the only choice you get from Ford of Europe when it comes to cars.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

I'm beginning to rethink if this EgoBoost thing is worth the drama. As we keep "hearing" about the 3.5L EB making 340HP/340LB, the competition has been increasing the power on their V6 engines, to the point where it almost matches what Egoboost would do. As in, Inifiniti's 3.7L is making about 330HP naturally aspirated. It would be foolish for Ford to increase the complexity and components of something, unless they don't pump out more power from there EB engines, 340HP isn't going to cut it anymore...

I'm beginning to rethink if this EgoBoost thing is worth the drama. As we keep "hearing" about the 3.5L EB making 340HP/340LB, the competition has been increasing the power on their V6 engines, to the point where it almost matches what Egoboost would do. As in, Inifiniti's 3.7L is making about 330HP naturally aspirated. It would be foolish for Ford to increase the complexity and components of something, unless they don't pump out more power from there EB engines, 340HP isn't going to cut it anymore...

340 hp should be just fine. I think you will soon find that horsepower will stop increasing.

I think the biggest limitation here is transmissions and the engines being tuned for MPG not HP. Who cares if it only makes 340HP if it can pull down high 20s in MPG department?

Nissan 3.7L 330 hp 270 lb/ft

Ford EB 3.5L GDITT 340 hp 340 lb/ft

HUGE difference!

TQ would be the only saving grace you can get out of being boosted, but the more they talk, the more others are working it. Ford did say that they would make V8 power with V6 fuel efficiency and thats a good concept..But whos V8's are they talking about. You have competitors hitting 350+ out of their V8s, even the Genesis itself which is sad to say.

TQ would be the only saving grace you can get out of being boosted, but the more they talk, the more others are working it. Ford did say that they would make V8 power with V6 fuel efficiency and thats a good concept..But whos V8's are they talking about. You have competitors hitting 350+ out of their V8s, even the Genesis itself which is sad to say.

The power is limited by the chassis and tranny - the concept EB 3.5L put out 415 hp on E85, so it's certainly capable of more power even on gasoline.

Edited by akirby

340 hp should be just fine. I think you will soon find that horsepower will stop increasing.

Got to agree with you there....think the horsepower is king is over. People want mpg and then power.

I am actually excited about this product. Glad to see Lincoln getting completely unique looking vehicles-and pretty good ones at that. I may critique them heavily but they are headed in the right direction.

Saw a brown (cinnamon) MKs and it is absolutely gorgeous. Went through it pretty well and besides a few items they have gone the extra mile making it feel like a quality automobile. Even the inside of the storage in the door is felt lined-not sure why they did not do the complete pocket (like an audi) but it has quite a few extra touches here and there.

Nissan 3.7L 330 hp 270 lb/ft

Ford EB 3.5L GDITT 340 hp 340 lb/ft

HUGE difference!

Gee well lets see...

340/270 Everyone gets them free.

340/340 You pay thousands for peanuts, when comparing investments, and it's heavier.

Yup, HUGE difference right there.

Edited by pcsario