LINCOLN MKT PRODUCTION CONFIRMED

NLPRacing

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I said was I hated the rear end of the MKT concept car. Looking at the spy photos, it's plainly obvious the entire rear end of the production car is different. Therefore, there's a very GOOD chance I'll like the finished product.

I didn't like the rear of the MKT concept either, and in the spy photos I've seen, the design itself doesn't seem to be all that different, to me at least. I mean it appears there's gonna be different angles, rakes, etc. but the overall theme appears to be the same. Maybe that's what you were saying or maybe not?

Exactly, which means you have no idea what folks are willing to pay for it.

True...but neither do you.

Time will tell...but if the Flex is not selling, what makes you think that an even more expensive version of the same station wagon is going to sell?

I have a feeling this will sell like the Mark LT.

Time will tell...but if the Flex is not selling, what makes you think that an even more expensive version of the same station wagon is going to sell?

But where did I claim that I knew? I merely questioned this:

It is a bit less than I had originally thought...but still way too much.

So I fail to see what you are getting at.

Rambling about how something isn't selling, when it has only been on sale for a short period of time is silly. How can you base any data off of that, to make that claim?

The Mark LT and the MKT are to entirely different exercises. One was merely an extra trim level with extra chrome, whereas the other appears to be entirely different. So why does this deserve to be compared to the Mark LT?

Edited by Michael Reynolds

So, it will sell better than the comparable Cadillac then?

:rolleyes:

SUV made me think of something, P. So will Cadillac's Lambda be a waste of time too?

So you're saying around 600/mn? I think it will sell about 1k-1,200 a month to be honest. I think that is about what they will expect. It will be the same ratio as the Edge/MKX.

I think what really matters is that it is profitable to sell, and it brings new people to Lincoln, as well as drawing new people to it.