LINCOLN MKT PRODUCTION CONFIRMED

NLPRacing

That fail to do anything of what? Aren't all Lambdas tarted up versions of each other, and in some cases have a very similar profile?

Yet, again with your double standards.

Nah, they don't look like each other at all:

Acadia and Outlook:

X08GM_AC007.jpg

2008-Saturn-Outlook-07130111990004.jpg

AcadiaExteriorRear.jpg

saturn_outlook_xefwd_2008_exterior_6_346x270.jpg

gmc_acadia_slt1awd_2008_interior_19_346x270.jpg

2007_Saturn_Outlook_infulldash.jpg

Enclave and Traverse:

buick_enclave_cxlfwd_2008_exterior_sideview_640x480.jpg

2009_chevrolet_traverse_press_image003.jpg

buick_enclave_cxlawd_2008_interior_19_346x270.jpg

medium_2245810982_86d2541753_o.jpg

The Enclave and Traverse did the best job of being different, both inside and out....although inside from below the lower end of the air vents down looks almost exactly the same on all 4 vehicles.

Edited by rmc523

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those who are so damn negative about Fords yet never actually sit in, drive or would ever buy a NEW one should be easily ignored. Their opinions have no connection to reality and objectivity. I can understand if you're skeptical or if you want to judge Ford products with higher standards. Just go to your local dealer and actually sit in one, touch and feel the interior, DRIVE ONE (great slogan!) LOL Then you can say whatever you want!

I didn't like the rear of the MKT concept either, and in the spy photos I've seen, the design itself doesn't seem to be all that different, to me at least. I mean it appears there's gonna be different angles, rakes, etc. but the overall theme appears to be the same. Maybe that's what you were saying or maybe not?

Well, based on the spy photos of the production vehicle, it doesn't look to have quite an extreme kickup over the rear wheels or quite as much rake to the rear glass, neither of which were elements I really liked on the concept version.

Nah, they don't look like each other at all:

Acadia and Outlook:

X08GM_AC007.jpg

2008-Saturn-Outlook-07130111990004.jpg

AcadiaExteriorRear.jpg

saturn_outlook_xefwd_2008_exterior_6_346x270.jpg

gmc_acadia_slt1awd_2008_interior_19_346x270.jpg

2007_Saturn_Outlook_infulldash.jpg

Enclave and Traverse:

buick_enclave_cxlfwd_2008_exterior_sideview_640x480.jpg

2009_chevrolet_traverse_press_image003.jpg

buick_enclave_cxlawd_2008_interior_19_346x270.jpg

medium_2245810982_86d2541753_o.jpg

The Enclave and Traverse did the best job of being different, both inside and out....although inside from below the lower end of the air vents down looks almost exactly the same on all 4 vehicles.

It is interesting that Buick shares its greenhouse with Chevy instead of Sauurn or GMC. Hell it looks like the doors on the two sets would interchange. The only difference on the rear hatch on the Saturn and GMC is the black trim applique around the window.

The same people who bitch and moan about the Fusion/Milan/MKZ appear to be blind when it comes to GM. Based on what little we have seen of the MKT, it doesn't appear to share any body panels with the Flex

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

Well, based on the spy photos of the production vehicle, it doesn't look to have quite an extreme kickup over the rear wheels or quite as much rake to the rear glass, neither of which were elements I really liked on the concept version.

Oh, I completely agree, and I didn't like those two elements on the concept either. I was just saying the overall design appears to be pretty similar to the concept.

Yeah, but even though the Enclave and Traverse look different than the rest, they still look very much like eachother.

Yes, that is true. And it'll only be made worse (at this rate) with the coming Cadillac Lambda, although it's rumored one of the other 4 existing ones will be dropped to make room for the Caddy.

Yes, that is true. And it'll only be made worse (at this rate) with the coming Cadillac Lambda, although it's rumored one of the other 4 existing ones will be dropped to make room for the Caddy.

Either the Traverse or the Caddy Lambda is going to ensure the OUTLOOK gets the axe, from what I've heard/read.

Even so, GM is going to have the Traverse and Acadia (my favorite Lambda) competing, as well as the Enclave and Caddy. Good for GM sales-wise, but horrible for the channels involved.

Either the Traverse or the Caddy Lambda is going to ensure the OUTLOOK gets the axe, from what I've heard/read.

Even so, GM is going to have the Traverse and Acadia (my favorite Lambda) competing, as well as the Enclave and Caddy. Good for GM sales-wise, but horrible for the channels involved.

Yes, I also assumed the Outlook would be the one to go, it's the one I see the least of.

I disagree when it comes to most, well, pretty much all of them.

And I agree with your disagreement....I think the Traverse is ugly, as well as the Outlook. I do like the Acadia and Enclave though.

Yes, I also assumed the Outlook would be the one to go, it's the one I see the least of.

And I agree with your disagreement....I think the Traverse is ugly, as well as the Outlook. I do like the Acadia and Enclave though.

I like the Enclave more than the rest. I dislike the top of the front, but that's about it, so its not as bad as the rest IMO. The Acadia in my view just has a strange front end. It goes down so low with black plastic and it looks almost...squished.

I like the Enclave more than the rest. I dislike the top of the front, but that's about it, so its not as bad as the rest IMO. The Acadia in my view just has a strange front end. It goes down so low with black plastic and it looks almost...squished.

I like the headlight/grille area of the Acadia, but as you said, the black plastic area doesn't look good.

I think the Lambda's all look like shit, They have a rather bloated look to them. I still don' really get the whole idea of the CUV craze as if I am going to spend 35-40k on a large family vehicle it better have some substance to it and be based off a truck and have a RWD platform, Full frame and a big V8.

Edited by 94bronco

Ford must have copied that same mentality them with the center of the '09 F-150. I may be different...but it looks exactly the same as the '04-'08s.

Really what are you gonna change in the cabin area's design of a truck for an MCE? You're not gonna change the entire shape of it.

I swear I read somewhere that the Acadia was being canceled.

Found it here. The article is just rumor -- it also suggests the Outlook will be cut too.

I dunno, I could see either (or maybe both) Outlook or Acadia being dropped. Going on personal opinion, I'd rather see the Outlook go, as I think the Acadia looks nice. I think a decision will also be based upon how well Traverse does outta the gates and what it does to the other's sales as well. If it cuts into the other Lambda's sales too much (which I wouldn't be surprised to see happen), I see both being dropped, but if sales for the others remain steady on top of Traverse's volume, you'll likely see just one get dropped, at least that's what I think would happen. 5 of the same model (essentially) would be way too many...so I think we're guaranteed to see one dropped, which leaves 4, which is still borderline too many of one vehicle.

Greenhouse changes involve the basic shell structure stampings (A,B and C-pillars), and this means large money. In comparison, fenders and clips are relatively cheaper.

I understand that...but why spend the money on changing "all" the body panels and making them look exactly the same as the 2004s?

Really what are you gonna change in the cabin area's design of a truck for an MCE? You're not gonna change the entire shape of it.

I dunno, I could see either (or maybe both) Outlook or Acadia being dropped. Going on personal opinion, I'd rather see the Outlook go, as I think the Acadia looks nice. I think a decision will also be based upon how well Traverse does outta the gates and what it does to the other's sales as well. If it cuts into the other Lambda's sales too much (which I wouldn't be surprised to see happen), I see both being dropped, but if sales for the others remain steady on top of Traverse's volume, you'll likely see just one get dropped, at least that's what I think would happen. 5 of the same model (essentially) would be way too many...so I think we're guaranteed to see one dropped, which leaves 4, which is still borderline too many of one vehicle.

My guess is that the Acadia will be dropped because there is an Enclave on the same lot. Saturn dealers usually stand alone -- they need product.

I agree there will be way too many versions the same vehicle. But I suppose you can say that about most GM vehicles -- talk about a company that needs to streamline.