LINCOLN MKT PRODUCTION CONFIRMED

NLPRacing

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because you can look at the doors and see that they are different. Chevy and Dodge didn't completely chand the doors...only to have them look exactly like the ones on the model they are replacing.

From the older models? I don't think so. Substantial means major, and there aint anything major about those redesigns from Dodge and GM. Noticeable, well that depends upon who you ask, but substantial.....nope.

YIKES!!!!!

Okay, note the door cutouts on the '08 & '09 Ram.

They're different. The '08 has the 'airplane' doors cut into the roof, the '09 has door cutouts like the Focus, cut out of the side.

Do you know how much of the Dodge's tooling had to be changed to accommodate that? You can't even carry over the roof panel with that change.

We're talking multiple stampings that could've been carried over, for all the change that is apparent when you look at that thing.

I was speaking visually, not manufacturing, but you're right, and I now see how the doors changed mechanically from year to year, although I still don't think they look that different.

Are those even real pictures? Either way, you can still SEE the changes in the Dodge's doors.

The originals were off the dodge website for building each model. It was the easiest way to get pics of same color same cab with similar perspective. I

finally found a good pic of an 08 Ram from the side. (although the 08 is a quad cab and the 09 is a longer crew cab).

The Ford's may be different...but I will ask the original question:

If you are going to spend the money changing "everything"...why make them look 5 years old...and exactly the same as the '04?

So that's what this was all about. Yes, the ram looks slightly different from the side, more changed than the F-150. I still won't place the change in dodge models in the same category as the change in the all new chevy. What dodge did can be taken as a lesson of diminishing returns. Even though they spent a ton of money redoing the doors, the appearance is still very similar because it’s not an all new model.

post-32147-1219382651_thumb.jpg

post-32147-1219382663_thumb.jpg

Edited by V8 Ford

If the total sheet metal change was needed to improve some sort of engineering behcmark, then we can ignore the lack of obvious differentation. Perhaps the greenhouse substantially improves NVH!

I too am frustrated by Ford's willingness to recycle greenhouses time after time, to the point it undermines design and the progression of quality improvements (quality is not the same as reliability!).

Edited by BORG

The changes in both the Ram and Silverado are substantial over the previous model. You can look at the middle of both trucks and instantly see that they are different, unlike the Ford.

Well, judging by the fact that the previous Silverado dated back to 1999 with a minor facelift in 03 (I believe), I would hope the all-new 07 changed greenhouses.

We were talking about changes in the doors and roof.

And the CV got a whole new greenhouse in 1998. When was Clinton first elected again?

I believe Clinton was first elected in '92.

Are those even real pictures? Either way, you can still SEE the changes in the Dodge's doors. The Ford's may be different...but I will ask the original question:

If you are going to spend the money changing "everything"...why make them look 5 years old...and exactly the same as the '04?

Untitled-1-2.jpg

Relax, there'll be a new F-150 in 2012 (reportedly). I think you'll live with this design for 3 years.

I was speaking visually, not manufacturing, but you're right, and I now see how the doors changed mechanically from year to year, although I still don't think they look that different.

The originals were off the dodge website for building each model. It was the easiest way to get pics of same color same cab with similar perspective. I

finally found a good pic of an 08 Ram from the side. (although the 08 is a quad cab and the 09 is a longer crew cab).

So that's what this was all about. Yes, the ram looks slightly different from the side, more changed than the F-150. I still won't place the change in dodge models in the same category as the change in the all new chevy. What dodge did can be taken as a lesson of diminishing returns. Even though they spent a ton of money redoing the doors, the appearance is still very similar because it’s not an all new model.

Comparing those two, the only difference in the greenhouse I see is they finally made their crew cab normal sized. Obviously theres changes in the door stampings themselves, but the greenhouse really isn't that different than the old model.

You can really see the extra length in the front doors of the '09, with those side-by-side pictures.

When I was having the oil change done on my SuperDuty (1 year old new truck, wanted new oil too), I was given an F150 CrewCab 4x4 for a loaner. My first thought, the second I got in the truck, was, "this thing is tiny." I couldn't even believe it was a full size truck. LOL

When I picked up my son (6-year-old) and his friend, he was all excited about riding in the "tiny" truck. LOL However, when we got our truck back, the first thing he did, is sit back in the seat and go "ahhhhh."

It was very funny.

You can really see the extra length in the front doors of the '09, with those side-by-side pictures.

When I was having the oil change done on my SuperDuty (1 year old new truck, wanted new oil too), I was given an F150 CrewCab 4x4 for a loaner. My first thought, the second I got in the truck, was, "this thing is tiny." I couldn't even believe it was a full size truck. LOL

When I picked up my son (6-year-old) and his friend, he was all excited about riding in the "tiny" truck. LOL However, when we got our truck back, the first thing he did, is sit back in the seat and go "ahhhhh."

It was very funny.

I have found the F150 interior to be on the smaller side also, It just really doesn't allow you to stretch out. There is just something I love about riding in or driving in a Superduty as it just feels right ( Except when its a 5.4 gas eating slug). The current F150 is also just too non truckish for me to ever want one too, It's hard to explain but when you get in a Superduty it just feels right ( Especially when you hit a bump and you know theres a good ole solid axle up front).

HELLO???? Knock, knock puddin head...YOU brought up the Panthers...in a MKFlex thread...NOT I

YOU brought up something irrelevant...but as expected, passed it off like I did it.

Per a review of the thread...

... post #61, you bring up the Mark LT and call the MKT and Mark LT tarted-up Fords, and then maintain that position...

... post #72, having been already shot down due to your anti-FNA bias because of not being able to explain why the MKT, which shares no body panels with the Flex, is any worse than the Acadia/OUTLOOK rebadge job (which you love... disclaimer: I like the Acadia too), you resort to calling Ford vehicles ugly...

... post #89, after many MORE examples from other posters pointing out the obvious badge jobs that the Lambdas are, you bring up the '09 F-150 and start talking about how it is so similar to the outgoing model whereas the Ram and Silverado are not...

Your contradictory statements leave you so open that it's not even funny... but then again, it kinda is.

Oh yeah... me bringing up the CV was another call-out. There's a difference between calling someone out on the carpet due to their past statements and just switching the subject when you have nothing else to say.

-----------------------------

:backtotopic:

So when do they reveal the production MKT again? Will that be LA as well, or will it be later?

The new F-150 is absolutely gorgeous and represents everything I like about American Ford design. Admittedly, the F-150 is not as tidy as the outgoing model and I think the Mark LT would have looked much better than the Platinum Edition.

The Dodge Ram is a soft mess and looks too much like the previous generation, despite carrying all new sheet metal. It is a cleaner design but not sculpted in the same exacting detail as you will find on the F-150.

driven a Ram lately? That "soft mess" also applies to the tanny shifts, braking, throttle and handling.