MKS Paint Quality

pintoboy

Looked at a Tuxedo Black MKS at Boulevard Lincoln-Mercury in Georgetown, Delaware. Paint defects were too numerous to count. Looked like paint was applied over metal shavings. This wasn't even up to Ford Divison standards. Hope this one was just a fluke.

It is my understanding from PR releases for the MKS that Tuxedo Black has glass chips mixed in with the paint for one reason or another. I imagine it is suppose to make the MKS sparkle as you drive down the street. Perhaps that is what caused you to get the impression that metal shavings were present. What you viewed as a flaw may have been intentional.

Looked at a Tuxedo Black MKS at Boulevard Lincoln-Mercury in Georgetown, Delaware. Paint defects were too numerous to count. Looked like paint was applied over metal shavings. This wasn't even up to Ford Divison standards. Hope this one was just a fluke.

The car's on the showroom floor, wanted to see how good the Tuxedo Black was since it has glass in it. The paint's in a class all its own BUT there were metal shavings on the trunk lid (it was rough when I ran my hand over it) and there was a small gouge in the passenger's side C pillar. I expected more from Ford. I only buy Ford products. I don't even consider the competition. My Ranger has a better paint job. Give Twin Cities the Taurus, Taurus X, Sable, and MKS. Move the Ranger to Chicago. Twin Cities employees have proven themselves.

The car's on the showroom floor, wanted to see how good the Tuxedo Black was since it has glass in it. The paint's in a class all its own BUT there were metal shavings on the trunk lid (it was rough when I ran my hand over it) and there was a small gouge in the passenger's side C pillar. I expected more from Ford. I only buy Ford products. I don't even consider the competition. My Ranger has a better paint job. Give Twin Cities the Taurus, Taurus X, Sable, and MKS. Move the Ranger to Chicago. Twin Cities employees have proven themselves.

Yeah...just swap the tooling. That would be a good use of capital. :rolleyes:

I was listening to your opinion until you said the retarded shit at the end!

And you don't think mistakes are made? A few weeks ago, I was sitting in a parking lot in between a Chrysler Aspen and a Cadillac STS. Guess what? They both had orange peel paint, the Cadillac about the worst I've ever seen.

Because of that, do I think that all Chryslers and Cadillacs have bad paint? No. There is no reason to think that every MKS has a paint problem. The one that I looked at the other night seemed flawless. Things happen.

Edited by suv_guy_19

And you don't think mistakes are made? A few weeks ago, I was sitting in a parking lot in between a Chrysler Aspen and a Cadillac STS. Guess what? They both had orange peel paint, the Cadillac about the worst I've ever seen.

Because of that, do I think that all Chryslers and Cadillacs have bad paint? No. There is no reason to think that every MKS has a paint problem. The one that I looked at the other night seemed flawless. Things happen.

Well....Chryslers maybe. :hysterical:

Is there a Chrysler minivan built before 1994 that still has paint on the hood?

Well....Chryslers maybe. :hysterical:

Is there a Chrysler minivan built before 1994 that still has paint on the hood?

:hysterical: I was about to say the paint on my 300 was fine, but then I thought about the front end. Man does the paint ever come of. My dads Magnum is starting to look the same. Not to mention that the 300 is a money pit. Both their Buick and my 300 will be replaced with Fords next time. Never have we had 2 vehicles that broke as much as the Rendezvous and 300.

:hysterical: I was about to say the paint on my 300 was fine, but then I thought about the front end. Man does the paint ever come of. My dads Magnum is starting to look the same. Not to mention that the 300 is a money pit. Both their Buick and my 300 will be replaced with Fords next time. Never have we had 2 vehicles that broke as much as the Rendezvous and 300.

You obviously never owned a Renault Alliance . :shades: :banghead:

Hey, CAP, are you the one who needs a paint by number?

...and you call someone else an asshole. :finger: Make a snarky comment, expect a snarky reply.

FYI: Insulting Ford employees won't get you very far around here. Keep that in mind before you post next time.

Edited by NickF1011

• 3 months later...
If we can stop the mudslinging for a minute - it's possible what you felt was rail dust. It sometimes gets embedded in the paint during the train ride. It can be removed with a clay bar.

Good advice! I'm a big fan of Mother's Clay Bar kit. It's very effective in removing rail dust and other contaminants from any non-serrated, non-porous exterior surface.

07240.jpg

• 4 years later...