MKT interior shots

Bigbuck15

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like what I'm seeing so far, I think it looks great.

nice...question...what are the cinnamin sticks protuding from the left rear wheel?

Those are actually part of the "Roman War Chariot" package, you know, like the chariots that had the spikes on the wheels to cut peoples legs of (I guess that's what they were for).

It doesn't appear to use the generic Ford instrument cluster:

lincoln-mkt-2-01.jpg

Did anybody notice, as recent articles (or maybe it was the press release) have said, there's paddle shifters on the steering wheel?

Only complaints I have at the moment is the seat controls are not on the door. That would be a nice touch to further set Lincoln apart from Ford. YEAH for the would appear to be power tilt/tele steering wheel!

That would be a nice touch to make them different, but it's a necessary one (obviously). And I believe the Navigator already has a power tilt (and telescope?) steering wheel.

You sure? I suppose it could be possible, as most of the '10 MY vehicles we've seen so far are going to be early launches. But we haven't seen anything in the way of camoed Edges or MKX's running around yet. Maybe they will just be traditional Fall '09 launches.

I thought Edge/MKX were to receive an MCE for 2010 too. Maybe as you said, they'll just be later in the year.

I hope you're right. Lincoln is doing some fine detailing. This is from the MK T concept, and shows the logo done really well.

lincoln-mkt-9.jpg

Yeah, you'll likely see the Lincoln emblem placed on the fender like it is on the rest of the lineup, but as for the chrome strip that extends down the vehicle, it doesn't appear that that has made it to production, at least not with the crease, etc. that the concept has.

It doesn't appear to use the generic Ford instrument cluster:

Definitely not the same ol' cluster.

?

It's another generic Ford instrument cluster.

Look at the 2004 Lariat F150.

Same shit all over again.

Edited by pcsario

?

It's another generic Ford instrument cluster.

Look at the 2004 Lariat F150.

Same shit all over again.

Why? Because it has three gauges in a row? You can't even see which gauges are located in each spot in that photo!

That has to be the most dumbass thing I've ever seen you post (and that's saying a lot). :hysterical:

Edited by TomServo92

The interior is looking pretty good from what can be seen in these pics. It looks like they are putting some more shape into it. My only gripe about the MKS and Flex interiors is the dash seems too generic with no real stand out lines. This seems to have a little more shape to it.

More likely the 2010 Taurus.

You may be right.

Looking closer, the Lariat has 2 additional gauges at the top, it's difficult to see if the Taurus also has those two or not.

Why? Because it has three gauges in a row? You can't even see which gauges are located in each spot in that photo!

The 3 main gauges of the '10 Fusion and '04 Lariat are arraged in the exact same order.

There's absolutely no reason to believe Ford would use a different generic part for each of these new vehicles.

If the part is new or not is irrelevant to my point, it's the same shit all over again.

Goodbye interiors with the same generic gauge cluster, hello new interiors... with another generic gauge cluster.

post-11072-1219108209_thumb.jpg

This goes on sale next year? Gonna be a busy year for Ford next year:

Fusion/Milan/MKZ

Taurus (if the rumors are to believed)

Mustang

MKT

Anything else?

Transit Connect

And Taurus is launching next summer-per statement by Mulally in Vegas in April.

The gauges are exactly the same, right down to the fonts.

How now, brown cow?

No...they are not...but you were not claiming that the gauges were the same, you were claiming that the cluster was the same...which they clearly are not.

And if you look at the small screens in the tach and speedo, you can see that they are in different places...so, they are different as well. Really, the only thing that is close to being the same is the two small gauges in the corner.

Edited by P71_CrownVic

Yeah...if you ignore the whole middle of the cluster...

Always an excuse with you, ALWAYS!!

And PC, that gauge cluster is dark. Until it is lit, how in the hell can you call it the exact same thing. None of the details are apparent, aside from the fact that the rings are frosted.

To add to Richard's comments above, regarding Audi. Look at BMWs, not only are they essentially the same across the board but they have been that way for quite sometime too (albeit with slight tweaks). The B8 A4 uses a similar style, but has repositioned some of the ancillary gauges.

I do agree when it comes to Ford gauges, especially those equipped with the 'messenger center', there should be a better graphic display (i.e. complex LCD).

Only complaints I have at the moment is the seat controls are not on the door. That would be a nice touch to further set Lincoln apart from Ford.

I guess that's why the TC gets it...

To me, it is a just a Lincoln Taurus interior clone. Center stack look the same from what I can tell and the steering wheel is exactly the same.

Always an excuse with you, ALWAYS!!

And PC, that gauge cluster is dark. Until it is lit, how in the hell can you call it the exact same thing. None of the details are apparent, aside from the fact that the rings are frosted.

To add to Richard\'s comments above, regarding Audi. Look at BMWs, not only are they essentially the same across the board but they have been that way for quite sometime too (albeit with slight tweaks). The B8 A4 uses a similar style, but has repositioned some of the ancillary gauges.

I do agree when it comes to Ford gauges, especially those equipped with the \'messenger center\', there should be a better graphic display (i.e. complex LCD).

You brought up the point I was going to about BMW gauges:

3:

62.jpg

5:

62.jpg

6:

62.jpg

X5:

62.jpg

They\'re all the same.

Edited by rmc523

BMW has pretty much used the same gauges for over a decade actually... as far as I can remember, it still has gauges that I recognize from my 92 325i, sans some of the digital message center, otherwise, the same probably. I think that wasn't the best example.

Some "family" gauges I've looked at recently which I like are the Volvo S80s, how the actual speedo/tach have a blue hue around it. The Mazda3 or latest 6 is another example of something almost similar. Lexus has their electroluminecent lighting which looks good as well, maybe a bit pricier to replicate.

With all the options out there in lighting, and all the players, there's really many gauge clusters that look great, it's a shame that Lincoln is saddled with something generic and cheesy in retrospect.

BMW has pretty much used the same gauges for over a decade actually... as far as I can remember, it still has gauges that I recognize from my 92 325i, sans some of the digital message center, otherwise, the same probably. I think that wasn't the best example.

Some "family" gauges I've looked at recently which I like are the Volvo S80s, how the actual speedo/tach have a blue hue around it. The Mazda3 or latest 6 is another example of something almost similar. Lexus has their electroluminecent lighting which looks good as well, maybe a bit pricier to replicate.

With all the options out there in lighting, and all the players, there's really many gauge clusters that look great, it's a shame that Lincoln is saddled with something generic and cheesy in retrospect.

Well, hopefully Lincoln will soon be able to get it's own distinct guagues.