Woody!

BORG

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If non-Panther people would stop bringing them up...there would be no Panthers in the threads.

You can't fault us for defending our Ford...on a Ford board.

I don't fault you guys and your blnd passion at all, just a little critical of inability to accet the old girls fate and the current alternatives, she has her definite strengths but so does the new product and honestly i was NOT sad to see them ditch the retail side of the panthers...honestly P, there was literally ZERO demand and interest barring taxis and people touting oxygen tanks... as for bringing the old girl up that may even have been me...for the life of me i didn't think mentioning flashing lights would have everyone instantly thinking of a particular car....heh heh.

Kinda like your "blnd" passion for Ford...and inability to "accet" their fate (or current state)?

no blind passion here P...some of their product is outstanding...some leaves a LOT to be desired....no blind passion there....twist all you want

I don't know...that is why I told you to talk to the owner.

either a used RS...or a KINKED deal...I will state again...interceptors require a Ford Fleet #....when ordering a CV in conceps the order can NOT be submitted without that 5 digit ford pin #....perhaps the order fell thru and the sales person got creative...either way there are NO retail incentives or subveened interest rates....

Look what I found soiling my local Ford dealership! Is this not embarassing?!

DSC_2206.JPG

DSC_2208.JPG

DSC_2210.JPG

DSC_2212.JPG

Yeah, they should get rid of that thing. I think it's an eyesore.

What a horrible aftermarket custom job. It says more about the dealer than the company. Look at how poorly the wood trim edging lines up in the second photo showing the rear door. Is that at least a half-inch out of alignment with the door?

How many times have we seen dealers put vinyl roofs, wire wheels and gold badging on cars?

Yes - someone will definitely buy this.

I agree, that is pretty bad quality....it makes you wonder how people can even approve that to leave the shop.

There is a terrible treatment available for practically any car out there. Just pains me in a way - but there are people without taste out there too. If that were on my lot, I would stow it away in the back lot where no one could see it. (Then again, that would ensure it wouldn't sell and I'd have to CONTINUE looking at that eye sore, so maybe they are onto something with it being out front ..)

Yeah I would probably do that too, of course, I wouldn't have sent it to get the "wood" put on in the first place, but as you said, then you'd have to look at it for potentially longer than if it were out front.

Yeah, it looks better than that aftermarket Flex monstrosity, but is that really saying a whole lot?

I've never been a fan of wood in or on cars. I see it as "old tech" that should have been done away with decades ago. What seems "luxurious" to some seems downright outdated to me. I'd rather see a nice brushed aluminum or carbon fiber trim on interiors. As for exteriors, isn't paint good enough?

Hmmm.....I personally prefer wood trim in vehicles (as long as it's tastefully [as in not overly cheap looking or way too much] done). Actually, I like a brushed aluminum/wood combo, so you get the best of both worlds. Carbon fiber trim I'm not a big fan of. I don't know why I just don't really like it.

I guess the younger generations just like plain paint.

This whole thing reminds me of those people who just can't stick enough tacky items on their cars:

vents, portholes, chrome grilles, extravagent wheel covers, chrome tint, chrome door/window/everything else trim, crome strips on the doors, and so on...

Some of the cars around here will blind you on a clear day

I'd rather have plain paint than this. And there's plenty of those type of vehicles down here......99% of which I think are way overdone and look ridiculous.

The difference is that the Civic looks good to begin with. Someone looked at the Flex and said, "what the hell....it can't get any worse." Unfortunately for us...it did.

Civic looks good? Yuck...I need to borrow that throw up smiley you used above. I think the Civics are ugly, but the coupe definitely looks better than the sedan.

either a used RS...or a KINKED deal...I will state again...interceptors require a Ford Fleet #....when ordering a CV in conceps the order can NOT be submitted without that 5 digit ford pin #....perhaps the order fell thru and the sales person got creative...either way there are NO retail incentives or subveened interest rates....

And again...I will state:

I DON'T KNOW!!!! TALK TO THE OWNER!!!!

Read it slow...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was just at that dealer the other day and that same Flex is still there but it's not in the front row anymore. I will admit that I am a huge fan of the Flex, I think it's a great looking vehicle. If I needed to move around groups of people I would certainly be getting one. That being said this is definitely the worst option they could have gone with.