Woody!

BORG

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's really annoying is that the put this in the front where everybody driving by can see it. Rochester Rd, although not on Sunday, is an infuriatingly busy road! I'm sure everybody driving by will think Ford is responsible for this eyesore.

Edited by BORG

No doubt Arnie will trade his eco friendly Hummer in for one to appear more green, Sting FOE & Greenpeace warm to it and give it their seal of approval as well, l wonder if Toyota will make a woody Prius to give it that nice earthy feel best quality rainforest mahogany from Brasil l hope this should improve the Flexes CAFE numbers lumping 2 ton of wood around everywhere?

californiastateseal.jpg

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

The really, really sad thing is that there's probably someone out there willing to buy it....

Me! I finally found the perfect family vehicle that will completely embarrass my kids!!!! :lol:

Oh, but wait, I already bought me the Taurus X for that purpose. :rolleyes:

(Note: I love the T-X, especially when hauling lots of people and gear on long trips.)

Me! I finally found the perfect family vehicle that will completely embarrass my kids!!!! :lol:

Oh, but wait, I already bought me the Taurus X for that purpose. :rolleyes:

(Note: I love the T-X, especially when hauling lots of people and gear on long trips.)

Not to mention it is the smarter buy...

Look what I found soiling my local Ford dealership! Is this not embarassing?!

DSC_2206.JPG

DSC_2208.JPG

DSC_2210.JPG

DSC_2212.JPG

What a horrible aftermarket custom job. It says more about the dealer than the company. Look at how poorly the wood trim edging lines up in the second photo showing the rear door. Is that at least a half-inch out of alignment with the door?

How many times have we seen dealers put vinyl roofs, wire wheels and gold badging on cars?

Yes - someone will definitely buy this.

Edited by MarkFive

Well, to take the contrarian view - and leaving aside what I think about this particular example - I am seeing a mini-trend here, with the Hearse that was posted on a different thread. This is making the Flex look like a good canvas for customization, that could engender a cult following for the car.

Raise your hand if you didn't see this coming.

Anybody? Hello?

It isn't as well executed as some of the photoshops that have appeared here. The front fender looks strange and I could do without the strips on the doors. I like the concept just not this particular rendition. That said someone will buy it. After all I have seen several Lincoln LS, Mercury Sables and Milans with Carriage Roof treatments. Some one thpught they looked just great.

It isn't as well executed as some of the photoshops that have appeared here. The front fender looks strange and I could do without the strips on the doors. I like the concept just not this particular rendition. That said someone will buy it. After all I have seen several Lincoln LS, Mercury Sables and Milans with Carriage Roof treatments. Some one thpught they looked just great.

I've already seen the MKS with the Landau roof...nice!!! :rolleyes:

There is a terrible treatment available for practically any car out there. Just pains me in a way - but there are people without taste out there too. If that were on my lot, I would stow it away in the back lot where no one could see it. (Then again, that would ensure it wouldn't sell and I'd have to CONTINUE looking at that eye sore, so maybe they are onto something with it being out front ..)

Edited by SVT_MAN

There is a terrible treatment available for practically any car out there. Just pains me in a way - but there are people without taste out there too. If that were on my lot, I would stow it away in the back lot where no one could see it. (Then again, that would ensure it wouldn't sell and I'd have to CONTINUE looking at that eye sore, so maybe they are onto something with it being out front ..)

I say call up the local Fire Department and let them train with their extrication tools. There would be nothing better than cutting a (woody) Flex to pieces...

What a horrible aftermarket custom job. It says more about the dealer than the company. Look at how poorly the wood trim edging lines up in the second photo showing the rear door. Is that at least a half-inch out of alignment with the door?

How many times have we seen dealers put vinyl roofs, wire wheels and gold badging on cars?

Yes - someone will definitely buy this.

If I had the money... I would! :hysterical:

Then I would take a couple old "COUNTRY SQUIRE" chrome emblems and stick them on the back rear fenders. That's a testament and a statement on why these fucking crossovers are bullshit... THEY CAN'T TOW ANYTHING! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I saw that vehicle as well. I wonder how much they jacked the sticker price up on that?

I kind of like the idea, just not the execution. I'd get woodgrain on a wagon if it was done a little better.

The need to go look at old photographs of the early 70's Country Squires to see how to properly do it.

The idea is OK, the execution is horrible. Too much and poorly applied.

If I had the money... I would! :hysterical:

Then I would take a couple old "COUNTRY SQUIRE" chrome emblems and stick them on the back rear fenders. That's a testament and a statement on why these fucking crossovers are bullshit... THEY CAN'T TOW ANYTHING! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I saw that vehicle as well. I wonder how much they jacked the sticker price up on that?

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/feature_dis...m?release=25031

The Flex's chassis was engineered to deliver a quiet car-like ride while at the same time offering towing capacity up to 4,150 pounds. Interior noise is minimized with sound deadening materials like a six-millimeter thick windshield.

I've already seen the MKS with the Landau roof...nice!!! :rolleyes:

When I briefly worked at a Lincoln / Mercury dealer back in the early 90's.....they used to take the Topaz and put a carriage roof and a luggage rack on the trunk lid....they sold them as fast as they got 'em back from the shop that installed it....

Never underestimate the tastes of the customer....it would look a little smoother if they didn't have the wood caning trim all around it.....? :shrug: