Woody!

BORG

Look what I found soiling my local Ford dealership! Is this not embarassing?!

DSC_2212.JPG

The Wagon Queen Family Truckster <tm> rides again!!!!!

982.jpg

Now... if we could just bring Christie and the Ferrari back again......

christie_brinkley.jpg

http://it.truveo.com/Chevy-Chase-National-...h/id/4151186522

:happy feet:

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always liked those Buicks. The "Wood" application is much better than the pictured Flex.

Yeah, it looks better than that aftermarket Flex monstrosity, but is that really saying a whole lot?

I've never been a fan of wood in or on cars. I see it as "old tech" that should have been done away with decades ago. What seems "luxurious" to some seems downright outdated to me. I'd rather see a nice brushed aluminum or carbon fiber trim on interiors. As for exteriors, isn't paint good enough?

Yeah, it looks better than that aftermarket Flex monstrosity, but is that really saying a whole lot?

I've never been a fan of wood in or on cars. I see it as "old tech" that should have been done away with decades ago. What seems "luxurious" to some seems downright outdated to me. I'd rather see a nice brushed aluminum or carbon fiber trim on interiors. As for exteriors, isn't paint good enough?

Depends... ON THE COLOR OF PAINT!

I'm also sick of seeing these boring shades of black, white, grey, silver all the time!

I guess it depends on how old you are. I like the retro look because it reminds me of a time when cars had personality and were more than just an appliance. Growing up in the '60s and early '70s the Woody Wagon was a status symbol. After trading our '63 Falcon Squire for a standard '65 Falcon wagon, my dad had a series of Plain Jane Chevy Bel Air wagons that looked cheap in comparison to the Country Squires, Colony Parks and Estate wagons that dotted our neighborhood.

I guess it depends on how old you are. I like the retro look because it reminds me of a time when cars had personality and were more than just an appliance. Growing up in the '60s and early '70s the Woody Wagon was a status symbol. After trading our '63 Falcon Squire for a standard '65 Falcon wagon, my dad had a series of Plain Jane Chevy Bel Air wagons that looked cheap in comparison to the Country Squires, Colony Parks and Estate wagons that dotted our neighborhood.

I guess the younger generations just like plain paint.

This whole thing reminds me of those people who just can't stick enough tacky items on their cars:

vents, portholes, chrome grilles, extravagent wheel covers, chrome tint, chrome door/window/everything else trim, crome strips on the doors, and so on...

Some of the cars around here will blind you on a clear day

Edited by MERKURXR4Ti

I guess the younger generations just like plain paint.

This whole thing reminds me of those people who just can't stick enough tacky items on their cars:

vents, portholes, grilles, wheels, chrome tint, chrome door/window/everything else trim, crome strips on the doors, and so on...

I'm young enough to remember these wagons still being on the road back in the 1980's quite a bit but they are impossible to find now! Once in a while you'll see an 80's up to 1991 LTD Crown Victoria/Country Squire or a Grand Marquis Colony Park driving around or the GM equivalent but that's it.

But as collector's items... YOU CAN BET THAT THERE IS DEFINITELY A CULT FOLLOWING!

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

vents, portholes, chrome door/window/everything else trim, crome strips on the doors, and so on...

I saw a beauty of a PT Cruiser last night that you woulda loved. :hysterical:

Chrome stick-on trim along all body seams, porthole vent stick-ons, chrome mudflaps, chrome grille inserts, chrome wheels, clear tail lights...ugh. I'd hate to be driving behind that on a sunny day!! :shades:

Look what I found soiling my local Ford dealership! Is this not embarassing?!

DSC_2212.JPG

That's a terrible interpretation of the wood panel theme. There shouldn't be wood on the front fenders. The light colored "wood" (ash?) trim around the darker wood panels should be larger. Take a look at this '51, this is how it's done:

1951ford79customcountrysq-4bnxs4vfi.jpeg

Edited by Dolphy

That's a terrible interpretation of the wood panel theme. There shouldn't be wood on the front fenders. The light colored "wood" (ash?) trim around the darker wood panels should be larger. Take a look at this '51, this is how it's done:

IMO, that looks just as terrible. Wood is ok on the inside of a car, but it doesn't belong on the outside. My opinion of course.

amazing how older looks cool and gets away with it....I would die for an old 51 like that

IMO, that looks just as terrible. Wood is ok on the inside of a car, but it doesn't belong on the outside. My opinion of course.

amazing how older looks cool and gets away with it....I would die for an old 51 like that

Talking about the exact same car. Just one more example to keep in mind the next time you see a car you think is ugly.

Talking about the exact same car. Just one more example to keep in mind the next time you see a car you think is ugly.

LOL, I know, thats why I always get so upset when people make definitive statements about cars when it comes to looks.

Edited by suv_guy_19

Me too! A way cool cruiser.

FWIW, I put some woodies over in the Photoshop section. :)

older cars have more charisma than a majority of todays abortive efforts...maybe because moder iterations with the same design cues just wouldn't work.....all subjective i guess...

older cars have more charisma than a majority of todays abortive efforts...maybe because moder iterations with the same design cues just wouldn't work.....all subjective i guess...

Again, opinion. Without the badges on them, I couldn't identify half the cars built in the 1950's. :shrug:

My husband could tell you the make, model, year, and possibly even trim package or pretty much every car up through the 70's models.

He has one of those trash can memories............ that can hold immense amounts of relatively useless info.

Although the car thing is cool when we go to car shows.