Woody!

BORG

Again, opinion. Without the badges on them, I couldn't identify half the cars built in the 1950's. :shrug:

I have the luxury of having a shop across the road where the richies bring their restored babies to get tuned, fins, suicide doors woodies, F100's ...some are absolutely AMAZING...and beautiful....of course that is now, when they were ortigionally made..........

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, opinion. Without the badges on them, I couldn't identify half the cars built in the 1950's. :shrug:

That's because you didn't grow up seeing '50s cars out on the streets Nick. When I was a kid I could name yearand Make of anything built in the U.S. between '55 and '70. Of course I saw them every day and they changed at least the trim, grille or taillights every year. I couldn't do that with the cars built in the last 30 years.

Of course I saw them every day and they changed at least the trim, grille or taillights every year.

If they did that today, every automaker would probably be bankrupt within a decade. It's just a different era. Personally, I find vehicles today just as easy to tell apart as some of you would say cars from the 50's are. Maybe not the exact model year, but I know the model and manufacturer. Cars today aren't all just indistinct blobs as some say. There is as much unique styling going on between cars now as there has always been. With the increase in vehicle configurations, from SUVs to CUVs to small hatchbacks to crew cab pickups, there's probably a lot MORE variety than ever before.

probably, my girl has a Buick Wildcat conv...funny, hoot...when its running.........

For sure.

To clarify, I meant that, when they were new, sure, they were enjoyed (nothing like a big ol' Detroit bench for the place to be when getting lucky), but they weren't regarded as collectibles, more as steps along the way to that Cadillac or that Lincoln.

I never said it was "pretty".

So let's ask this, what's comes off as more "authentic" at the "woody" theme, at which strikes as a "cheesy ripoff"? :ohsnap:

Why even bother comparing? This cheesy rip off is not Ford's fault. It is the aftermarket's fault. Do you blame Honda for all the vehicles that are riced out by morons?

Like others have said ... good idea in theory, horrible idea in execution. If they really wanted to do it right, they'd find a way to make the design look modern and appealing. Not ugly and cheesy, as if you applied a wood veneer to your old bookshelf speakers from 1975.

Why even bother comparing? This cheesy rip off is not Ford's fault. It is the aftermarket's fault. Do you blame Honda for all the vehicles that are riced out by morons?

Like others have said ... good idea in theory, horrible idea in execution. If they really wanted to do it right, they'd find a way to make the design look modern and appealing. Not ugly and cheesy, as if you applied a wood veneer to your old bookshelf speakers from 1975.

The difference is that the Civic looks good to begin with. Someone looked at the Flex and said, "what the hell....it can't get any worse." Unfortunately for us...it did.

The difference is that the Civic looks good to begin with. Someone looked at the Flex and said, "what the hell....it can't get any worse." Unfortunately for us...it did.

Point is P anyone can take a "in your words" HORRENDOUS looking vehicle and make it worse....woodies..eeeek, Ricers.....eeek...theres even a bunch of guys that add flashing lights atop their rides....eeeeek.....

Point is P anyone can take a "in your words" HORRENDOUS looking vehicle and make it worse....woodies..eeeek, Ricers.....eeek...theres even a bunch of guys that add flashing lights atop their rides....eeeeek.....

Bling Bling on a Panther? Now THAT'S perfume on a pig. And on that note this will now turn into another Panther thread. At least they have a loyal following... All three of 'em.

Come on, Dean, I know you already ordered at least 2 of these for your lot. You're not fooling me, gettin' all nostalgic 'n' shit. :hysterical:

cant...general public can't even buy an interceptor model...anyone interested ( IS THERE ANYONE, hell i haven't been asked but once and that was about a CNG option for taxi services ) is directed to the Lincoln dealer ...but I don't even know if he stocks Gran Marquis anymore....

Not true...

ok P I'll bite...vehicle CANNOT be ordered sans a TRUE FIN code....which stands for Fleet Identification Number....code 56m has to be entered which activates a fleet concession, B4a for a true net invoice....if per chance a retail buyer SOMEHOW fools some ignoramus into selling the vehicle it lines up the "chargeback" boys from FMCC..........I cannot order one for stock purposes WITHOUT said code....even if I was STUPID enough to place a bogus order I would jeopardize the dealership with a potential audit. So go ahead, please back it up......