09 F150 power numbers

chevys

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize if I "assumed" that you were around when all of the speculation............. and inside information was floating around.

It just confirms what was already stated. Really, the only thing we did not know, was the fuel economy figures.

That said, I do like the torque figures for the 5.4. :)

No problem at all. :shades: I really didnt know. The reason I put in the disclaimer about not shooting the messenger was because I realized I was posting on BON and you know how it gets in here sometimes. :hysterical:

I wonder what they did to get an extra 25 ft lbs out of it? The six speed is probably responsible for the gain in mileage. At least that is my assumption.

Wow, the 5.4 will have 331.5lb-ft of torque @ 1500RPM. For comparison, the the Chevy 5.3L V8 peaks at 338lb-ft @ 4400RPM.

Thats what I was thinking although I could not remember the 5.3 numbers. I think the hp on the 5.3 is 330??

The 5.4 does really well against the 5.3. The 6.2 that GM has is in another league all together.

Here is a link to the GM 5.3. Curve still looks pretty good but not as stout as the 5.4.

http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en/produ...5_Silverado.pdf

Edited by chevys

What they did for the extra power and torque, I don't know. However, I do know that the cableless throttle system in the 5.4 never worked well with the old 4-speed auto trans. This is why the Expedition was so much faster than the old Expedition, even though the power numbers were the same. The 6-speed just works with the 5.4, instead of against it.

I would imagine that the driving experience of the '09 5.4 F150 will be worlds better than the '08's. The truck should not feel sluggish anymore, and people should stop complaining that the engine does not feel like it has 300hp and 365lb ft of torque.

Amazing what a good trans can do. Of course, the extra 20hp and 25lb ft is a bonus. :)

Wow, the 5.4 will have 331.5lb-ft of torque @ 1500RPM. For comparison, the the Chevy 5.3L V8 peaks at 338lb-ft @ 4400RPM.

Fffffffft.

Okay, here's what's wrong with you, you cheerleader:

1) The displacement is the same, therefore, Ford didn't do JACK with the 5.4L. It's the same engine!@!!!!!!

2) I won't believe those numbers. Ford PR has been known to lie.

3) 390lb-ft of torque? Dodge makes 407. That's over 4% more!!!!!!!!

4) Torque doesn't count, horsepower does. That's what you do brake stands with.

Fffffffft.

1) The displacement is the same, therefore, Ford didn't do JACK with the 5.4L. It's the same engine!@!!!!!!

I hope you are kidding with this post.

Thats what I was thinking although I could not remember the 5.3 numbers. I think the hp on the 5.3 is 330??

The 5.4 does really well against the 5.3. The 6.2 that GM has is in another league all together.

the 5.3 has 315hp at 5200 rpm so the 5.4 is now pretty much past the 5.3s competition

and the new 5.4 makes 390 lb-tq at 3500 vs the 6.0's less tq(375) at a higher rpm(4300) and worse mpg(but thats expected)

what is more important in trucks....hp or tq?

plus as far as i know GM is still using the 6.0 vortec in their 1/2 tons, i have heard they might put the 6.2l in the 1/2 tons but i have not heard an official statement, the same with the 6 speed that i heard GM was going to put in their 1/2 tons.....but if they did have an official statement, please link me to it

the 6.2l is in another league but the 6.0 is not

P.S. im not going after you in this post....im just saying

Edited by Ford-150

The 6.2 is in the Sierra Denali, but that's it for the 1/2 tons.

Fffffffft.

You spelled out :cheerleader: and didn't finish it off with an :ohsnap:

:P

Edited by V8 Ford

So the 6.2 is available in the Denelli. I stand corrected because that is a very small segment of 1/2 ton sales and not what the majority of buyers are going for. The 6.2 is not going to be an issue among most buyers. A 5.4 would be stout in a 2wd reg cab short bed.

Im wondering about the six speed. Would that thing not shift itself to death in town cause accelerated wear??

I know autos have come a long way but with a stick you really only have to worry about the clutch and its pretty cheap to replace. When an auto goes south its big money and I drive my cars till they die. Im not the guy that trades at 60K. Longevity is very important to me.

So the 6.2 is available in the Denelli. I stand corrected because that is a very small segment of 1/2 ton sales and not what the majority of buyers are going for. The 6.2 is not going to be an issue among most buyers. A 5.4 would be stout in a 2wd reg cab short bed.

Im wondering about the six speed. Would that thing not shift itself to death in town cause accelerated wear??

I know autos have come a long way but with a stick you really only have to worry about the clutch and its pretty cheap to replace. When an auto goes south its big money and I drive my cars till they die. Im not the guy that trades at 60K. Longevity is very important to me.

i don't think it will be a problem it should actually make it easier on the transmission and engine

i could be wrong though...