TMS user gives new look at the 2010 'Stang interior

Moosetang

In material quality only.

and bolsters!

No, too many trolls like you, I see you've never been in an 05+ Mustang, the seats while being comfortable, lack side bolstering especially in the shoulder area where there is none. I've driven the car on a race track, and been in friends cars on mountain roads, the car is capable of generating some really high g forces, and it needs good seats to keep you from flailing about the cabin. I don't know of any other performance car that uses such flat, un-supportive seats. It wouldn't be so bad if you could just bolt in some aftermarket seats, but the side airbags are built into the seat.

So I suggest you take your own advice.. :finger::finger::finger:

I see the same seat that's been used since 05 in the lowly V6, so STFU.

thanks jack ass! i drive every thirteenth car off the line and test drive them for 10 hrs a day! not to mention i have an '06 gt that i put 150 miles on every day. so, i think you should STFU. you dont like it then buy a bullitt, or wait for the new stang. and yes i have driven the 2010 mustang! have you? tell me what race track do you race on? in other words, do you even own a mustang?

Edited by el norte
Language

thanks jack ass! i drive every thirteenth car off the line and test drive them for 10 hrs a day! not to mention i have an '06 gt that i put 150 miles on every day. so, i think you should shut the f--- up. you dont like it then buy a bullitt, or wait for the new stang. and yes i have driven the 2010 mustang! have you? tell me what race track do you race on? in other words, do you even own a mustang?

Language, language. :nonono:

Good retort though. :lol:

thanks jack ass! i drive every thirteenth car off the line and test drive them for 10 hrs a day!

Well no wonder Ford is in such dire straights with pricks like you working for them :finger:

not to mention i have an '06 gt that i put 150 miles on every day. so, i think you should STFU.

"STFU", is this ford's official position? The times I've talked with real Ford people like John Coletti I never heard talk like this.

you dont like it then buy a bullitt, or wait for the new stang.

Ok, the new one is the one I'm talking about, other than the stitch pattern and the leather, it's the same seat. Amazing how when customers ask for improvements from Ford they are met with insults, attacks, and are thrown to the sharks. People have been waiting for decent seats in the Mustang for 20+ years now, retro design doesn't mean everything needs to mimic 1965, if so, why not go back to using carbs and bias plys?

and yes i have driven the 2010 mustang! have you?

I'm just soooo impressed, does Ford know your trashing their biggest fans on the net?

tell me what race track do you race on?

Can you not even read? You wouldn't even know the tracks out here in Ca..

in other words, do you even own a mustang?

Oh there it is, you ask for anything from Ford or criticize the stupid shit they do and they assume you don't even own a ford. Talk about a jackass, I've owned a Mustang since 1990, and my old seats from the mid-80's are better than the seats in the new ones. And I currently own 2 Fords, and have only owned Fords my entire life, and I've been fiercely loyal to this company. But knowing there's a-holes like you working for them, and the disdain you people show for your customers, I may never buy another, I want a 2011 GT, and a 2012 Focus hatch. I think I may give my money to GM though, they actually seem to want it.

Edited by Blueblood

Language, language. :nonono:

Good retort though. :lol:

Yea, making retarded things about things which someone on the internet could never know is such a "great retort", but then considering the source I'm not surprised, you are a right winger who relies on innuendo, half-truths, and scare tactics to complete your worldview..

Ok, the new one is the one I'm talking about, other than the stitch pattern and the leather, it's the same seat. Amazing how when customers ask for improvements from Ford they are met with insults, attacks, and are thrown to the sharks.

From what I can see, that is just the people on this site. If the :cheerleader: on this site were running Ford, they would have gone C11 a very long time ago.

Well no wonder Ford is in such dire straights with pricks like you working for them :finger:

"STFU", is this ford's official position? The times I've talked with real Ford people like John Coletti I never heard talk like this.

Ok, the new one is the one I'm talking about, other than the stitch pattern and the leather, it's the same seat. Amazing how when customers ask for improvements from Ford they are met with insults, attacks, and are thrown to the sharks. People have been waiting for decent seats in the Mustang for 20+ years now, retro design doesn't mean everything needs to mimic 1965, if so, why not go back to using carbs and bias plys?

I'm just soooo impressed, does Ford know your trashing their biggest fans on the net?

Can you not even read? You wouldn't even know the tracks out here in Ca..

Oh there it is, you ask for anything from Ford or criticize the stupid shit they do and they assume you don't even own a ford. Talk about a jackass, I've owned a Mustang since 1990, and my old seats from the mid-80's are better than the seats in the new ones. And I currently own 2 Fords, and have only owned Fords my entire life, and I've been fiercely loyal to this company. But knowing there's a-holes like you working for them, and the disdain you people show for your customers, I may never buy another, I want a 2011 GT, and a 2012 Focus hatch. I think I may give my money to GM though, they actually seem to want it.

can anyone say, PSYCHO!!!!! I lived in Ca. for a few years, but it sounds like you already know my life story so...... blah blah Threatening to buy another make vehicle. "Ooooh, I'll show them!" blah blah! You make a post calling people names (troll,prick, and a-holes like me)and they post their opinion, and then you turn into a freak! blah blah blah blah! Name throwing! I'm sure John Coletti appreciates you throwing his name around while your in a blatant rage! You're such a smart guy! blah blah blah! and, I care why?

Unbelievably incisive, incredibly precise prose you generate. :hysterical:

It's called a typo you troll, I was in a hurry, I guess that's not allowed here either.

What a sad person you are.

In fact, this whole board is sad, it used to be one of the best on the net, before RJ and his band of turd polishing yes men showed up, Robert Lane needs to clean house, do you even know who that is?

From what I can see, that is just the people on this site. If the :cheerleader: on this site were running Ford, they would have gone C11 a very long time ago.

They would have scrapped every Ford and just sold re-badged Toyota's.

I've seen less tension on Camaro forums towards Mustang drivers than the childish, insult laden attacks hurled against anyone who isn't on the BON cheer squad.

This place has the most intolerant hypocrites I've ever seen on the net, if Rush Limbaugh has a message boar it's probably more civil than this place..

• Like 1

Don't get all defensive when someone tells you to STFU......dish it out....get it back.

Ford customer: The Mustang needs better seats, current ones suck for high performance driving, every other performance car has good seats, why can't the Mustang?

Ford: Quit your bitching, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about! You probably don't even own a Ford!

Ford customer: Jesus Christ, with that attitude no wonder! And with that, I don't even care anymore..

What happened to customer service?

• Like 1

In material quality only.

I see you've never been in an 05+ Mustang, the seats while being comfortable, lack side bolstering especially in the shoulder area where there is none. I've driven the car on a race track, and been in friends cars on mountain roads, the car is capable of generating some really high g forces, and it needs good seats to keep you from flailing about the cabin. I don't know of any other performance car that uses such flat, un-supportive seats. It wouldn't be so bad if you could just bolt in some aftermarket seats, but the side airbags are built into the seat.

Its kinda funny how Ford car seat design has changed with time the best Ford seats l ever sat in were Recaro's fitted to a Capri 2.8i they were half leather the seats base was fabric so you bum would not slip like it would on leather and the excellent leather side bolstering kept you firmly planted in your seat. In the last year l had a trip out in a Focus the seats were as hard a concrete l could not bear to travel more than about 10 miles sitting in them they were so uncomfortable they were as hard as granite, but in contrast to this l had a trip out in a 2006 Mondeo and the seats were a real pleasure to sit in.

Gotta say do Ford seat designers ever talk to each other or ever listen to customer feedback why such a contrast?

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Ford customer: The Mustang needs better seats, current ones suck for high performance driving, every other performance car has good seats, why can't the Mustang?

Ford: Quit your bitching, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about! You probably don't even own a Ford!

Ford customer: Jesus Christ, with that attitude no wonder! And with that, I don't even care anymore..

You really think that Ford or any of it's employees is going to say that to a customer?

Ok....I obviously don't know what it's like yet, but it appears like the center armrest is gonna be hard even if it is the right height, so it could at least use some padding (of course maybe it is soft?)

Yeah it does look like the armrest has no padding. Padding would be essential to me. I certainly don't want my elbow on a hard surface. I am sure the aftermarket is going to find some more things to offer to fix some of the new shortcomings. I can already see a market for headlamps without those inboard turnsignals, taillamps and rear bumper covers.

It's funny how designers managed to fix a few things that were wrong with the 05 design but managed to screw up some things that were right...

Ford: I'm sorry sir, but you're not the only person to own a Mustang. The seats have to be made to comfortably fit people of all sized and shapes. We understand your frustration, but there's nothing we can do.

Ford Customer: I want it, me, I, I, ,me, that's the only thing that counts, don't you understand? Other people don't matter, get that through your head.

Ford: What ever happened to society? :nonono:

Edited by suv_guy_19

Ford: I'm sorry sir, but your not the only person to own a Mustang. The seats have to be made to comfortably fit people of all sized and shapes. We understand your frustration, but there's nothing we can do.

Ford Customer: I want it, me, I, I, ,me, that's the only thing that counts, don't you understand? Other people don't matter, get that through your head.

Ford: What ever happened to society? :nonono:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Two pages of this shit! I just wanted to know a little about the interior of the new 'Stang, and I had to read through two pages of sandbox slapfighting. Are you guys gonna start pulling each other's hair next? Bitches.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Two pages of this shit! I just wanted to know a little about the interior of the new 'Stang, and I had to read through two pages of sandbox slapfighting. Are you guys gonna start pulling each other's hair next? Bitches.

Google is good. So maybe the general-purpose seats aren't the greatest, and Ford has yet to offer Recaro's as an option.

http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=2135&region=3&L=2

or

http://www.seats4cars.com/products.htm

I think anytime You spend that amount of money, you should be happy with your purchase. Granted, there are concessions to be made, all depends when you weigh in the pros/cons, if it worth for YOU at the end. Is the armrest enough to make most people be turned off by it? Well lets look at the competition (Camaro, which we keep hearing about, but never materializes...its the "virtual car"), I'm sure it has it's short coming as well when we compare them.

For myself, it's red instrumentation that kills it. Something that little is enough for me to not even look at a product.

I'm sure the Mustang will have a hard padded center armrest. I cant believe they would do hard plastic...thats really a step back-ass-wards. But its still awhile before we can fully critisize a product that has not yet debuted.

I have to agree. I've been lurking for awhile on this board and there are more asinine arguments than any other board in which I've been a member. It's nearly impossible to find the bits of good information because of all the sophomoric insults and petty quarrels.

What happened to manners?

Dude, you're the one who started the rudeness with the STFU comment.

From your first two posts on this subject:

I was hoping they'd add some bolstering to the horrid seats, and fix the stupid gauges, guess I have to wait til 2015...

I'm glad you have X-ray vision, that you can see into the seats that no one else has sat on!

Even if it is the same "horrible" seats (which IMHO are comfortable and supportive in cloth) it doesn't excuse your oafish behavior. Production cars are a compromise. The Neon SRT-4 had "boy racer" seats....

"The Viper-style seats are a point of contention. On the one hand, they provide very good lateral support, with the dirver wedged between bolsters on all surfaces. On the other hand, the lumbar support is not adjustable and rather excessive, and those who do not fit between the bolsters will find the seats uncomfortable. We have not verified this, but we have heard that stock Neon seats will fit in an SRT, and can imagine many Neon owners willing to trade - so this is not an unsurmountable problem."http://www.allpar.com/reviews/2003/srt-4.html

To each his own!