Flex vs. Travesty

ANTAUS

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, let's comment on a few items several negatards have trounced the Flex about (namely P):

1) Weight: 83 lbs lighter for the Flex (I think that's what it says...kinda hard to say since they have an apparent typo, but 83 lbs. is essentially even)

2) Fuel Economy: Even though the Traverse is rated at 1 MPG better on the highway, the Flex has returned .4 MPG better overall than the Traverse so far

3) Price: The Flex cost $1005 more than the Traverse, BUT, the Traverse has cloth seats, and leather is a $1775 option on the Chevy.

4) Interior Space: the Chevy does have more, but Ford makes a bit better use of it with the storage bin behind the 3rd row, and access to the 3rd row is better in the Ford.

It is obvious that those who knock the Flex haven't sat in, driven, or compared them to the competition. We have, and we love our Flex after 350 miles!

Overall, a good showing by the Flex. Great job Ford!

Edited by fordmantpw

The Ford, which cost $43,250 — including $5,995 in options and destination fees — includes a navigation system, Vista Roof, power-folding (and heated) second-row seats, rear console refrigerator, white two-tone roof and a second-row floor console. A similarly optioned Traverse LT2 goes for $41,315.

Price will be the killer for the Flex.

I don't really see where a bunch of people said it was a great review. We were commenting on the statistics within and the stopping distance. Go cry somewhere else.

I am just trying to figure out when you trust Edmunds and when you do not. Edmunds was unfairly trashed for the MKTaurus review...and I am baffled that people are quoting them and using them as a reliable source when talking about the Flex.

Don't get defensive...just be consistent. And don't trash Edmunds if quotes from their review of the MKTaurus comes up in future threads.

Wait...so now Edmunds is ok???

Since you can't bash the Flex based on the FACTS posted in the article and mentioned in my post, you have to bash Edmunds? The facts they stated are undisputable facts (price, stopping distance, actual fuel economy) and the Flex wins in all 3 of those areas. Use of interior space may not be a fact, but the Flex won there too.

So, you can't change those facts no matter who does the review, and the fact is that the Flex is better in all three.

Edited by fordmantpw

I am just trying to figure out when you trust Edmunds and when you do not. Edmunds was unfairly trashed for the MKTaurus review...and I am baffled that people are quoting them and using them as a reliable source when talking about the Flex.

Don't get defensive...just be consistent. And don't trash Edmunds if quotes from their review of the MKTaurus comes up in future threads.

No one here is defending Edmunds or sayings that its so great. You really need to stop trying to be a voice of reason when you are actually anything but reasonable.

Since you can't bash the Flex based on the FACTS posted in the article and mentioned in my post, you have to bash Edmunds? The facts they stated are undisputable facts (price, stopping distance, actual fuel economy) and the Flex wins in all 3 of those areas. Use of interior space may not be a fact, but the Flex won there too.

So, you can't change those facts no matter who does the review, and the fact is that the Flex is better in all three.

Where did I bash Edmunds? Show me.

No one here is defending Edmunds or sayings that its so great. You really need to stop trying to be a voice of reason when you are actually anything but reasonable.

Wow...that went so far over your head...

That's not even the point and you know it. Why do you have to be an idiot 24/7? The real point is that Edmunds gives Ford bad reviews most of the time, seemingly unfairly. Now this article actually did not bash it. Is your reading comprehension that of a 4th graders?