Ford Stock currently @ $3.55

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha true...everybody is going to be affected..damn iceland..i mean what the hell is in iceland except fish has declared bankruptcy...you will be affected no matter where you live

Iceland had a huge banking sector that had expanded into Europe and as a result, the companies were competing in a different dollar class than the country itself. Now they are paying for it with what looks to be a bankruptcy of the nation.

Wonder if our friend Kerkorian wants to shuffle up a few more shares. He bought 140.8 million shares for just under $1billion in June.

Assuming he still has all the shares he's off about $695 million - in 4 months.

- $82 million today

- $36 million yesterday

- $321 million for the 6 trading days before that.

An average burn rate of $5.8 million/day to today.

Iceland had a huge banking sector that had expanded into Europe and as a result, the companies were competing in a different dollar class than the country itself. Now they are paying for it with what looks to be a bankruptcy of the nation.

iceland banks holds 12 times the debt of the usa consumer compared to the entire GDP of the country itself.....4 cars...3 houses...gold toliets..all that debt from the rabid debt induced consumer in this country just bankrupted iceland...wow

haha true...everybody is going to be affected..damn iceland..i mean what the hell is in iceland except fish has declared bankruptcy...you will be affected no matter where you live

Especially when they show up on the Thames with those boats with all those shields and sharp, pointy things. Maybe they'd level Whitehall, if you asked nice. :)

Ford is now closing in on a 4 billion dollar market cap, and at 2 bucks a share is a great bargain for the long term investor tolerant of risk, but ironically there's little need for that type of risk when large cap alternatives such as KBR, GE, BAC, BA etc. are all off of their 12 month highs by 30-40 percent too.

I wonder what the Ford family is thinking.

Very Good point. Last night I saw it was at $1.10/ share. What with the new high mileage euro cars coming in 2010 it might be a great deal. Plus they might get bailed out.

Ford's down at $1.88

GM $4.70 at the moment.

How much will the US government give the banks shareholders once they nationalise them after the bailouts?

Ford's down at $1.88

GM $4.70 at the moment.

How much will the US government give the banks shareholders once they nationalise them after the bailouts?

Nothing only the creditors would benefit I suspect. Why should Ford shareholder's be rewarded by the US taxpayer?

on the October 10, there were 10 million shares traded, at $2.00/share that's $20 million of business.

I cannot see how you could base a company's entire worth on that get out price - that is insane nonsense.

What is happening is either small investors are cutting their losses and running or there is a bit of

Naked Short Selling of Stocks going on -stocks not owned by individuals.

The SEC is not properly policing what is going on with these trades, they're under the radar.

Edited by jpd80

• 2 weeks later...
HEY!!!

I got one of those! Pretty touchy subject!

Well, nobody ever expected Sony to win a format war! How many have they lost? Betamax lost to VHS, Minidisk was killed by the CD, memory stick crushed by SD.... I'm sure there are others.

If it hadn't been for the PS-3, Blu-Ray would likely have wound up in the dustbin of history, too.

Well, nobody ever expected Sony to win a format war! How many have they lost? Betamax lost to VHS, Minidisk was killed by the CD, memory stick crushed by SD.... I'm sure there are others.

If it hadn't been for the PS-3, Blu-Ray would likely have wound up in the dustbin of history, too.

Perhaps, except that for the first time in all the format wars Sony had been involved in, they actually offered a far superior product without a premium price tag.