Where's the Bottom?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a buy one get free deal? Their line-up of vehicles looks the same no matter what type of vehicle it is anyway.

Another high-jacked thread... Well, since we are now content on reporting gasoline prices, Ill let you all know that I filled up at 6:30am this morning (with credit card) for $2.99 in Dearborn Heights.

Where's the Bottom? That is the Detroit Free Press headline this morning (10/10/08) .... you read it first in BON! Unfortunately, many of my fellow posters can not stay on point.

Today's market is off to an unbelievable start... down over 1000 points in the first minutes. Interestingly, Ford is holding up despite the tremendous selling pressure. However, it's a long way to 4:00pm, buckle up and hold on tight!

The 'shorts' are having there way with GM.. look for lower prices. Me... I'm running for the bunker, the bottom may be weeks away.

Wow................ how do your gas prices go down so quickly???

When prices were rising so fast, we were far behind. Now, with prices going down so fast, we are far behind. LOL

$3.97 was the highest here.................... and we are still at $3.39 as of this afternoon.

Of course, here in small town, USA, they only change gas prices when they get deliveries. It just takes longer in a town of 14k people, with over 10 gas stations.

where the f**k are you guys getting below $3?

i paid 3.64 for regular today:(

I'm not sure what prices were back on the 8th in my area, but now (on the 19th, at least) prices at my local stations were $3.09-$3.15 (the more expensive one is closer, but the cheaper one is only a few minutes away---close enough to where it's worth it to drive there to save the few cents/gallon).

I've also driven by quite a few stations that are $2.95, $2.97, etc.

How exactly would you regulate that? People borrow money to buy stock all the time.

Could Ed be referring to Naked Short Selling?

Naked short selling, or naked shorting, is the practice of selling a stock short, without first borrowing the shares or ensuring that the shares can be borrowed as is done in a conventional short sale. When the seller does not obtain the shares within the required time frame, the result is known as a "fail to deliver". However, the transaction generally remains open until the shares are acquired by the seller or the seller's broker, allowing a trade to occur when the order is filled.

There is belief the practise is widespread even though the SEC made it illegal.

Edited by jpd80

I'm not sure what prices were back on the 8th in my area, but now (on the 19th, at least) prices at my local stations were $3.09-$3.15 (the more expensive one is closer, but the cheaper one is only a few minutes away---close enough to where it's worth it to drive there to save the few cents/gallon).

I've also driven by quite a few stations that are $2.95, $2.97, etc.

I saw it for $239 here this weekend.

Paid $2.67 this morning. Speaking of $2.00, according to TexasGasPrices.com, prices in some parts of the Texas are as low as $2.03 already.

My area (Maryland) usually isn't amongst the highest priced areas, but I have noticed that it's usually slow to adjust prices compared to elsewhere, either higher or lower, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it drop a lot more here in the coming days.

WOOHOO!! It's down to $4.12 a us gallon here!! Oh wait....never mind...

Our dollar is back to around 85 cents or whatever so if you change that it's probably closer to 4.50-4.75 and if you change it to our gallon it's actually $5.44 a gallon...[sigh]

When the US dollar is worth more, ours is worth less, and so your actually paying LESS than 4.12 in USD.

Right now, the average Canadian price is $1.079. So, 1.079 * 3.78 * 83.5 (the current price of our dollar in USD) = $3.41 per US Gallon.