2008 Ford Five Hundred

I like the two-tone lower body treatment you did on this chop..takes away a lot of the "bubbly" appearance of the current Five Hundred.

Think you could throw 2 more chrome slats in the lower grille like the Fusion? I know the spy pics don't indicate it will be there, but....what the hay....

(Makes me wonder, why is the Fusion the only one they are giving the lower 2 bars to? I think that's one of the most striking features in its design. Something completely out of the ordinary as far as lower fascia treatments for a modern car....every other car looks the same - 2 or 3 vertical connectors, like this Five Hundred for example.)

Edited by NickF1011

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
You folks are trying to put lipstick on a pig. The 500 needs ALL NEW SHEETMETAL. The 500 is like your ugly cousin that you are trying to fix up on a blind date...nice personality...really nice person....but still ugly as shit.

I agree. A nose job might not be enough to fix the Five Hundred. It is a nice photoshop job though. :rockon:

I think the Five Hundred can get buy on its doors and greenhouse, but the rest of it needs substantial restyling to tighten up its vertical girth. The 2008 update is not substantial enough to fix its design problems, but it will help. In either case, aesthetics is not where the 500 excels.

The rear-end of the 500 has to be one of the most inert designs to come out this decade from any carmaker. It's square, flat, soft, and bland. Every time I see the rear of a 500, I want to slap J. Mays. It really is a "What were they thinking?" design. It would have worked if they made the lines a little crisper, made the bumper a little sharper, added some depth and detailing to the tail-lights, etc. A stronger arching design to the trunk would have been nice to make it more harmonious with the rest of the design. Instead they settled on a very square shape tacked onto a fairly round design.

Edited by Edgey

• 4 weeks later...