Bathurst 1000 on in Australia this weekend

Hello All,

A magnificent pole lap by Garth Tander has secured position 1 for Holden (see below)

but a Ford is on the front row along side them, but no Ford footage available yet.

Big race is Sunday , Saturday night your time, not sure which cable is taking the race

maybe someone in North America could advise fans wanting to watch where it's on.

In the meantime, some snippets;

Garth Tander Pole Lap, Bathurst 2008

Bathurst 2008: Paul Radisich massive crash

Bathurst 2008: Paul Weel & Chris Pither collide

Bathurst 2008: Mark Noske's steering wheel falls off

Gotta say l won't miss the Falcons in action JPD, its on MOTORS TV in the UK they have International site l am not sure if it includes the US.

There should be a few Falcon Bathurst videos get posted on the MOTORS TV website for those that want to watch the magnificent Falcons in action.

http://www.motorstv.com/car/touring/v8/101...ualifying-times

Thanks for letting us know its on JPD l would have missed it, l was only thinking the other day l wonder when Bathurst is on. It will be much more fun watching Bathurst rather than a rather boring dull crappy Japanese Grand Prix.

Cheers JPD

Falcon 1st, 3rd, 4th in qualifying - Superb

I hope to be able to find a taped version of a good portion of the race here in the states !

Do they still change the brakes mid race ?

I worked with the "boys down under" that put the first EFI on a Ford car many years ago. The team manager swore there was something wrong because there was no puff of smoke between shifts ! They all thought that was "normal" !

I hope to be able to find a taped version of a good portion of the race here in the states !

Do they still change the brakes mid race ?

I worked with the "boys down under" that put the first EFI on a Ford car many years ago. The team manager swore there was something wrong because there was no puff of smoke between shifts ! They all thought that was "normal" !

:shades:

Yes they do change brakes mid race, this year thy get a better 72 vane control rotor.

Some teams have come up wit a novel way to replace the rotors as well - on a large spline.

There's some good video links on v8supercars.com.au, I will put a link here to take you to the

site's video page, you'll have to select and watch the ones you want. Links here

Neil Crompton is very informative on hiss walkarounds and technical discussions.

I'm not sure if the above link will work in the USA, something tells me there might be

a little subscription required for international viewers.

If so I'll post some youtube links if possible.

Edited by jpd80

V8 Supercars Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 2008 Jonathon Webb Crash

V8 Supercars Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 2008 Steve Ellery Spin

V8 Supercars Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 2008 RaceTodd Kelly spins

Winners of the Great race:

1. Craig Lowdnes & Jamie Wincup - Ford Falcon (3 wins in a row!!)

2. Greg Murphy & Jason Richards - Holden Commodore

3. James Courtney & David Besnard - Ford Falcon

So that's a 1-3 win for Ford at the Bathurst 1000 and 3 in a row for Craig, Jamie and Ford

The last time someone achieved three wins in a row was 24 years ago!!!

Well done Craig Lowdnes & Jamie Wincup and everyone at Team Vodaphone

Lowndes and Whincup Bathurst 1000 Post Race Interview

1852053828.jpg

721133114.jpg

Edited by jpd80

V8 Supercars Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 2008 Jonathon Webb Crash

V8 Supercars Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 2008 Steve Ellery Spin

V8 Supercars Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 2008 RaceTodd Kelly spins

Winners of the Great race:

1. Craig Lowdnes & Jamie Wincup - Ford Falcon (3 wins in a row!!)

2. Greg Murphy & Jason Richards - Holden Commodore

3. James Courtney & David Besnard - Ford Falcon

So that's a 1-3 win for Ford at the Bathurst 1000 and 3 in a row for Craig, Jamie and Ford

The last time someone achieved three wins in a row was 24 years ago!!!

Well done Craig Lowdnes & Jamie Wincup and everyone at Team Vodaphone

Lowndes and Whincup Bathurst 1000 Post Race Interview

1852053828.jpg

721133114.jpg

I watched most of the Bathurst race today JPD l fell a sleep a few times not because it was boring just that l am getting on a bit, Mrs Moulds even sneaked in turned it over to QVC whilst l nodded off l gave her a quick :finger: . Its a long ole race JPD it was a lot longer than one of those Lord of the rings movies.

It was a great race the Falcons were absolutely awesome superb to watch, l found tv crew trips into the pits during the race very interesting and loved watching the ingenious Aussie mechanics fix a steering problem with loctite in 30 seconds.

They also showed those F1 Ferrari guys with their million pound automated pit stops how its done, gotta say the Falcon pit crew were amazing they changed the front brake pads, tires and refuel quicker than a automated Ferrari pit stop for fuel & tires.

Thanks everyone.

For those of you who haven't seen yet, these videos will give you an idea. :)

Bathurst 2008: Neil Crompton's Track Guide

V8 Supercars Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 2008 Race Start

2008 Super Cheap Auto Bathurst 1000 Last 3 Laps

Thanks for letting us know it was on JPD l really enjoyed watching it, the Falcon was awesome to watch l was just amazed at how stable the car was the Aussie TV camerea shots of the race better than anything we get here its a shame we don't get to see the V8 Falcon race in Europe the ratings of Falcon has gone right up in my IMHO lets hope it translates into more Falcon sales.

Gotta say the Aussies are so down to earth on the podium compared to the prima-donna's of F1 that just bore you death after a race.

It was so great to see so many blue oval flags waving l gotta say l have not seen that many for a long time the poor ole Holden guys that finished 2nd got a bit of a boo the Bathurst crowd seemed very pro-Ford the roar was deafening as the Falcon crossed the line great stuff.

Why is it you Aussie guys get superb V8 Falcons the US gets the awesome V8 Mustangs which you both seem to keep for yourself and all we get in Europe is the crappy boring FWD Mundane with a V6 lifes a :censored: bitch if you live in Europe .