Autoweek: Mark Fields is a wuss

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That woman is a dipshit. She babbles and complains. Its just like reading a lot of posts on this site.

unbelievable ignorance and another with the "worship" diesel blinkers on....did she mention ANY other manufacturers that curiously have NOT pursued the oil burners? Love these writers that base opinions on scratched surfaces...perhaps she should have actually ASKED the reasoning behind Ford NOT doing so....THEN she can write all she wants because she has BOTH sides of the story....so dores this mean at ANY manufacturers meeting she participates in she will relay the same bias?????????

Figures you would post a link to something like this. Just further proves that instead of doing your homework, you simply rely on short sighted one way articles that you can link to that you feel proves a point.

Anyhow, talk about flawed....

VW - Yeah we will sell you a diesel but we only import 3 a year. Nevermind the diesel we were going to put into the Tiguan and sell stateside

Toyota - We don't know how we feel about diesels, but we will continue to command the hybrid market

GM - Nope

Honda - Not available

BMW - Sure, at a premium

Nissan - Nope

Subaru - Niche player at best, so that means we will probably get 1 a year

Hyundai - Nope

So in a nutshell, for Ford to be so short sided and playing follow the leader you have quite a few automakers doing the same. Lame.

Figures you would post a link to something like this. Just further proves that instead of doing your homework, you simply rely on short sighted one way articles that you can link to that you feel proves a point.

Anyhow, talk about flawed....

VW - Yeah we will sell you a diesel but we only import 3 a year. Nevermind the diesel we were going to put into the Tiguan and sell stateside

Toyota - We don't know how we feel about diesels, but we will continue to command the hybrid market

GM - Nope

Honda - Not available

BMW - Sure, at a premium

Nissan - Nope

Subaru - Niche player at best, so that means we will probably get 1 a year

Hyundai - Nope

So in a nutshell, for Ford to be so short sided and playing follow the leader you have quite a few automakers doing the same. Lame.

Ford has opted out of not only the diesel passenger car market but also a 45 mpg Prius competitor and a Volt competitor (PHEV).

Why don't you list all the companies that are in/announced to be in those market segments also.

BTW, your list is wrong. 2010 will be a make or break year for Ford.

Nah Ford don't need diesels in the UK we would rather see a gasoline Camry rule the roost instead.

2007 Top 10 UK best selling Diesel cars.

1. Ford Focus

2. Ford Mondeo

3. VW Passat

4. GM Vauxhall Astra

5. VW Golf

6. GM Vauxhall Astra

7. Audi A4

8. BMW 3 Series

9. Peugeot 207

10. Citroen C4

WHAT NO TOYOTA HONDA GAS GUZZLERS

European top 10 best selling cars 2007 -

http://cars.uk.msn.com/News/Top_ten_article.aspx?cp-documentid=7319152

WHAT NO TOYOTA HONDA GAS GUZZLERS

KEEP BUYING YOUR JAP JUNK AND LINCOLNS FAN OIL YOU NO IT MAKES SENSE

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Sorry for being off-topic, but can't you take a hint and leave with a shred of dignity? You are B-A-N-N-E-D. Whenever is no longer the question.

I think Ford opting out of market segments is fair game for auto magazines/websites. Ford does not have to listen or respond. They can do whatever they want.

Ford has opted out of not only the diesel passenger car market but also a 45 mpg Prius competitor and a Volt competitor (PHEV).

Why don't you list all the companies that are in/announced to be in those market segments also.

sigh....why do you ALWAYS forget that december will see the fusion hybrid? ( numbers pending...ASSUMED to be competitive )The NON hybrid 40 mpg $14000 Fiesta?????? it would be easier to accept your point of veiw barring your propensity to ignore, dismiss and brush over facts that do not support your train of thought....selectable memory actually is counter intuitive M......and i'm not sold on ANY alternative vehicle that windows at 40k plus........

sigh....why do you ALWAYS forget that december will see the fusion hybrid? ( numbers pending...ASSUMED to be competitive )The NON hybrid 40 mpg $14000 Fiesta?????? it would be easier to accept your point of veiw barring your propensity to ignore, dismiss and brush over facts that do not support your train of thought....selectable memory actually is counter intuitive M......and i'm not sold on ANY alternative vehicle that windows at 40k plus........

So Long!

Yes, the lady complains but it seems like Ford North America has turned its back on diesels for B/C/D cars.

They're pinning all their hopes on Ecoboost, hoping it will deliver what Ford promises, 20% better fuel economy.

Will this be their great undoing, to have product lined up the cazoo in Europe and not score a slam dunk in the USA?

Edited by jpd80

What an ugly bitch, I'd shoot her even if she was my mother/grandmother.

That woman is a dipshit. She babbles and complains. Its just like reading a lot of posts on this site.

unbelievable ignorance and another with the "worship" diesel blinkers on....did she mention ANY other manufacturers that curiously have NOT pursued the oil burners? Love these writers that base opinions on scratched surfaces...perhaps she should have actually ASKED the reasoning behind Ford NOT doing so....THEN she can write all she wants because she has BOTH sides of the story....so dores this mean at ANY manufacturers meeting she participates in she will relay the same bias?????????

great... another hack reporter that spouts off opinion instead of facts and neglects researching before writing.

Do reporters even do research anymore? It seems like every writer these days is just publishing opinion.

Do you people realize that "that ignorant dipshit/hack/bitch/woman" has been writing about, driving, and racing cars since before most of you were born? Denise McCluggage has been a contributor to Autoweek since it was Competition Press - some 50 years. She is an icon at racetracks and on paper. She has interviewed the likes of Phil Hill and Dan Gurney. She has rubbed shoulders with Jackie Clark and Jackie Icyx. She has talked with Henry Ford II and Roger Smith. She knows more about the automotive industry than many insiders. She knows more about cars than you do.

All she is asking for is for Ford to take a chance on diesel. It's her opinion that it could work. (BTW, it's supposed to be her opinion - that's an opinion column!) How does that make her a hack? And Mark Fields is a wuss - ask anyone who's looking for the 5.0 in next year's Mustang.

[ /Autoweek subscriber ]

Yeah, well, I'd love to see half the people 'in the know' (Jerry Flint, Csaba Csere, David E. Davis, etc.) actually take command responsibility for the decisions they advocate.

Thing about McCluggage's opinion is, she's got nothing to lose. Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Everyone will remember that she raced with Phil Hill when Leave It To Beaver was still in first run, no one will remember the numerous times that she's been flat wrong over the last decade.

These writers that ensconce themselves in the journalistic equivalent of academic tenure, and then spend the rest of their lives spouting off without ever having to answer for what they say, make me sick.

The only thing that Denise has that Dan Neil doesn't is a pedigree. That's it. Past experience is no guarantee of future results.

And, I'm not doing this because I don't like old people, or I don't like women. I'll take anything that Robert Cumberford has to say and pay attention to it. Why? Because he provides reasons and rational analysis.

I'll take what Pete Egan has to say, because he's not trying to tell anyone how to run their business.

I'll listen to Warren Brown because he can admit when he's wrong.

I'll take anything Amy Wilson says as just this side of gospel because she is meticulous about her sources.

Give me a dozen automotive writers and journalists that conform to the basic standards of their craft--if you can find them--over the insulated and isolated tripe that gets spewed out by people who have been stripped of all accountability. I am tired of people who think they're right simply because they don't have to listen to anyone that tells them they're wrong.

Edited by RichardJensen

Not producing 'x' currently and opting out are two entirely different things (or they can be at least). Please cite the internal document from Ford's senior management dictating that they are 'opting' out.

That list was a quick overview, if it's wrong go into detail what's wrong about it. Also if I'm not mistaken it was use that called anything not in a salesroom now vaporwear. Keep that in mind next time you talk about what is 'going to come out'.

And quit being so contradictory of yourself.