Volkswagen Routan

J-150

Just saw an ad for it on MSN.

It is so painfully obvious that its a Caravan with a VW logo on it. They didn't even try to make it look different.

I smell flop. Although, it would probably end up being the the highest quality vehicle in the VW lineup.

I agree with J150, it will probably be the most reliable vehicle in it's stable, and thats quite the stretch since it's a Chrysler to begin with. I've seen the commercials bragging about German engineering. They might rethink that when MBenz sells it off to GM :)

I am so sick of that stupid shamwow commercial. I'm am so waiting for the camerman to deck the presenter when he says "you keeping up with this camera guy!".

Though I like the looks of the Routan, and I think they did a good job on the interior upscaling it a bit, I just don't predict that it will be a big commercial success.

I believe that VW knows it will be "a low sales number" line. Think more.....Husband drives a Jetta, Passat, or Toureg....Wife needs a minivan for soccer practice....lets keep that sale in the VW family. This way, it doens't cost VW a ton in manufacturing costs...just order what they project they will need for the year, and give Chrysler a call.

Similar approach that Suzuki is using with their "new" Equator pickup truck.